PDA

View Full Version : Pimpmobile out of commision.....How can u pimp when u look like u got hit with a pole

Shamis
07-17-2003, 04:50 AM
lol

Today My car was involved in a rear end incident with me being th erear ender....

Bottomline, cars mangeled, hood, front grille assembly, ruined and one headlight cracked up on the back black piece.

Ok,

I need to fix the following things and i was wonderin on if you guys could help me find some parts i need.

I need a new hood (my old hood was rusted and a little distorted, not its ****ing bend in half....) Instead of replacing it, i want something flashy... Ideas??? Links??? I dont wanna spend that much but i dun wanna waste my money buying the same OEM hood.

I need a new grille assembly where the grilles go into. If anyone wants to buy my kidneys maybe I could do the 97+ conversion.

PLus you know the fan at the front of ur car??? not the one behind the alternator intake shit, the front one.... When is it supposed to be on, i might have jammed it. The one at the back spinsall the time

Can you purchase the back of the OEM headlights the black part at BMW parts??? how much is it and is it easy to fix a headlight its only the back of mine thats bad everything else is ok including the lens....

P.S. I have a court case comming up july 30th for going 89 in a 40*mumble* *mumble*

My car is nothing but bad luck. BAD EVIL LUCK. IF ANYONE WANTS TO BUY IT GIVE ME A RESONABLE OFFER IT DRIVES AND RUN FINE WITH ***minor ** body damdge

Autotechnica
07-17-2003, 04:54 AM
I think I speak for everyone on here when I say this...

FOR GOD'S SAKE, GET RID OF YOUR CAR ALREADY!!!!

KennyTheGreat
07-17-2003, 04:58 AM
no offense

take off all the aftermarket parts, make it bone stock and sell it if you want money for your E46(taht you really want).

well ur radiator fan will run you a few. Headlight? ummmm, pricey. think about going with ellipsoids? ( i think jon is doing a groupbuy), 97+ grill conversion costs about a bill. the hood? ummm a CF hood...ok quality cf hood will run u 6 billz min.

think about it...

have u visited a junkyard or those places that Randy posted for BMW parts?

Shamis
07-17-2003, 05:00 AM
Can u link me the thread

///deni-boy///
07-17-2003, 05:01 AM
I dunno how much bad luck it is, maybe bad driving, lol, well i dont know u, never seen you drive, but maybe thats it. My cousin rear ended someone, i dont care what he says, hes a maniac, also my friend almost rear ends ppl every 20 min, lol.

Shamis
07-17-2003, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by Autotechnica
I think I speak for everyone on here when I say this...

FOR GOD'S SAKE, GET RID OF YOUR CAR ALREADY!!!!

if someone gave me a good price for it id sell it at this point

with all the money i have to put into this car with the bad luck i could get a 2000 323ci

KennyTheGreat
07-17-2003, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by ///deni-boy///
I dunno how much bad luck it is, maybe bad driving, lol, well i dont know u, never seen you drive, but maybe thats it. My cousin rear ended someone, i dont care what he says, hes a maniac, also my friend almost rear ends ppl every 20 min, lol.

umm, tell them to goto driving school...

KennyTheGreat
07-17-2003, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by Shamis
if someone gave me a good price for it id sell it at this point

with all the money i have to put into this car with the bad luck i could get a 2000 323ci

well do it properly

turn it back to stock and put it in the trader,

ur probably lookin at 6 or 7 grand for just the car....if lucky...

Shamis
07-17-2003, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by ///deni-boy///

dude i have 3 grandparents right now on death beds my mind hasnt been good lately i think i dazed off thinkin of shit or something,..

its a mixture of bad luck and dad drivin*mumble* *mumble*

Shamis
07-17-2003, 05:26 AM
http://www.bmwpartx.com/auto_body_parts/325is-1993-bodyparts---B164.html

i am gonna buy this part from here, is this the right price? should I just go to bMW??? anyone bought from here b4?

how do u remove the headlights... this piece...?

mpower1226
07-17-2003, 05:28 AM
well...I was there when shamis hit the accord from rear...
I was on the way to my mech. and saw him rear ended someone..
well..make it shot, his whole front end is F@#ed...ppl with ideas help him out.

shamis, sell your car man, your car is pure bad luck...

///deni-boy///
07-17-2003, 05:33 AM
dude i have 3 grandparents right now on death beds my mind hasnt been good lately i think i dazed off thinkin of shit or something,..

its a mixture of bad luck and dad drivin*mumble* *mumble*

Sorry to hear that bro, i know what u mean with the whole mind thing, it happens. good luck with the car.

///deni-boy///
07-17-2003, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by KennyTheGreat
umm, tell them to goto driving school...

They are too ingorant, they think they are the only drivers on the road, they tell me that i drive like an old lady compared to them cuz i dont drive like a maniac, i yell at them all the time cuz sooner or later its all gonna catch up to them, and i cant afford to f*** around, i dont like playing with my life and if i even get a ticket, i'm off insurance, lol.

SpoolinS6
07-17-2003, 07:02 AM
Shamis man not to be rude or anything
just sell the car
uve gone threw enought with it
going into ditches
just sell the damn thing and buy the 2002 bimmer
that car is all bad luc just get rid of it as soon as possible!

Jon@Bimmersport
07-17-2003, 11:35 AM
shamis if u want headlights i can get euro ellipsoids..OEM ones...pm me

Kal
07-17-2003, 12:24 PM
lol

///Greco540
07-17-2003, 01:43 PM
Shamis, is that right? Ditches? Dude, seriously sell the car, and spend $500 of a BMW driver training course BEFORE you buy the E46. You'll see its the best $500 you can ever spend....

sonic07
07-17-2003, 02:19 PM
sorry to hear that .... it's really too bad ...
the car is just not for u. find another one make sure is not the same one. i mean perhaps change colour or get a 4 doors ... just a thought. it might works.

djcontra
07-17-2003, 02:24 PM
Shamis, if you're really interested, I will have a complete rieger infinity I kit for sale in about 2 or 3 weeks.
As for the stuff you need replaced, here's a breakdown of the costs:

1. Headlights = $100 for OEM, or $300 for ellipsoids (after shipping)
2. Hood OEM or Carbon fiber $900
3. Front grill assembly w/ grills = $400 used from a junkyard
4. Front bumper (aftermarket) $250 to $800 depending.
5. Radiator fan, maybe $200 but I'm not sure.
6. Paint w/ bodywork $1000 to $3500

There's going to be more wrong with the car than you can visually see. Remove your damaged parts today and then inspect the frame and crumple-points in the front of the car. You may also get a good look at other damaged items you were unaware of. If you can remove the damaged parts, you'll also save yourself some money because you'll have just learned how to install the new parts you buy as well.

p.s. don't buy an e46 until you prove to yourself that you can drive without getting into trouble. Take a school, or a defensive driving course, and boost up your skills. It's not lame at all, and you'll only become a better driver w/ insurance discounts afterwards. Also the insurance on the e46 will be insane! Think about that.

p.p.s. REPLACE YOUR BRAKE PADS !!! I suggested this to you before! Maybe then you can stop your car before crashing into somebody, but then again, I don't know the whole situation you were in.

R_JAY
07-17-2003, 02:31 PM
Contra, you not putting the kit on your car anymore?

djcontra
07-17-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by R_JAY
Contra, you not putting the kit on your car anymore?

I am getting a copy made of my kit, and I will be selling the fiberglass replica to help cover my costs.
I might bet getting a second copy too from another shop, but it's not for sure yet.

p.s. The spoiler is not being replicated at all.

addbhp
07-17-2003, 02:48 PM
Sorry about your accident, and not to harp on you when your down, but Take the advice of others, sell the car, get something you can control and afford, and learn how to drive.

P.S. I have a court case comming up july 30th for going 89 in a 40
My car is nothing but bad luck. BAD EVIL LUCK. IF ANYONE WANTS TO BUY IT GIVE ME A RESONABLE OFFER IT DRIVES AND RUN FINE WITH ***minor ** body damdge

This has nothing to do with luck, all of your incidents, hitting a curb, speeding, and rear ending have been things you can control. Don't tell me your a good driver, like everyone else says, there is always room to learn(in everything in life), those that don't agree are often left behind.

R_JAY
07-17-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by djcontra
I am getting a copy made of my kit, and I will be selling the fiberglass replica to help cover my costs.
I might bet getting a second copy too from another shop, but it's not for sure yet.

p.s. The spoiler is not being replicated at all. What does the front bumper look like and how much you thinking of selling it for?

djcontra
07-17-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by R_JAY
What does the front bumper look like and how much you thinking of selling it for?

I would like to sell the kit as a whole for about $1100 (includes rieger front bumper, rear bumper, and rieger sideskirts [lower and beefier than the m3 ones])
The front looks like this:
http://www.tramont.fr/showroom/bmw/bmw_e36f.jpg

(if you want to know more, PM me, I dont want to pollute shamis' thread :))

BMW_7
07-17-2003, 04:32 PM
heh..Shamis sell your car and take my advice. Buy a MANUAL E30 or a late 90's E36 (if you can afford one). take a driving school, participate in Autocross. In a few months you will see yourself differently.

Shamis
07-17-2003, 05:23 PM
OK i want to go get my parts now to fix my front end. Where do I go for CHEAPEST WHOLESALE BMW PARTS

and ever since my speeding ticket i have become a very catious driver its just lately ive been dazing off when driving becuase of whats going on with my family. My ****ing whole family is dying right now.........

Does anyone want to help me here other then bitch at me for my driving skills lol...

I need to know how to take apart my ENTIRE front end, headlights everything....

Shamis
07-17-2003, 05:24 PM
Contra save one passenger side headlight for me... I dont need it yet i haev to get other parts first and the headlight is only broken at the back

djcontra
07-17-2003, 05:29 PM
Contra save one passenger side headlight for me... I dont need it yet i haev to get other parts first and the headlight is only broken at the back

I wasn't implying that I was selling any of those parts I listed, but now that you mention it, I do have some stock headlights sitting around doing nothing now that I installed my ellipsoids.
Once I'm comfortable my ellipsoids are working correctly, I'll PM you to let you know that they're for sale.
I should hopefully know by tonight after my final tweaking (weather permitting)

Shamis
07-17-2003, 07:24 PM
i just got back from shataramamamama whatever its called and they had nothing for me

then i went to bmw and got some quotes

a hood is 760$
a front panel is $180

and they gave me a list of all the aprts i probably will need to replace aswell.

I am going to the garage now to rip apart my car and to find out what i need, wish me luck

I need a front panel so bad if anyone finds one pplz let me know I know i can get em online fo rlike 50$$US but then u have to ship etc...

djcontra
07-17-2003, 07:40 PM
I'd get that front nose panel if you can. That sounds like a decent price for it. I think I'm going to go get one myself tonight as well since somebody backed into mine and dented it.

Shamis
07-17-2003, 08:23 PM
i cant ge tthe panel online for 50us they wont ship it

should i go for the bmw one

djcontra
07-17-2003, 08:52 PM
try bimmerparts.com, they shipped me my m5 clutch kit.
they should be able to hook you up with all the parts you need. but make sure you find out all the parts you need because it'll make shipping cost less if it's all bundled together.

Shamis
07-17-2003, 10:52 PM
where are the body parts on that page??

SpudBoy
07-18-2003, 12:21 AM
Shamis: *sad* you sad puppy. Get driving school or just slow down.

Sad to hear about the illness/death in your family, man I know how that is. I didn't drive my bimmer for about 7 months when my parents were ill/dying so I feel for the distraction thing you speak of. Get others to drive if you are distressed/depressed. Take a couse even if it means you can't afford a bimmer. You will live longer and you can get a bimmer later in life like me.

IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT!

I was young once too and you don't really think about death until it happens to someone really close to you. The impact is staggering or at least it was on me. I nearly quit my job because it is frustrating and seemed unimportant. Now the job is challenging and rewarding even during the failures.

LIFE IS GOOD

LIFE WITH A BIMMER IS EVEN BETTER*smoke*

Enrole in a driving course. It will distract you from the serious things going on in your life right now and pay off for ever. I feel for you man... now smarten up!

best regards,

Shamis
07-18-2003, 12:27 AM
[i]Originally

LIFE WITH A BIMMER IS EVEN BETTER*smoke*

Enrole in a driving course. It will distract you from the serious things going on in your life right now and pay off for ever. I feel for you man... now smarten up!

best regards,.......... [/B]

So where do I sign up for racing school?

bmwm5lover
07-18-2003, 01:16 AM
ill give u 3G's for your car.

Jon@Bimmersport
07-18-2003, 01:23 AM
So where do I sign up for racing school?

bmwCCA...its not a race school its a driving school...they teach u how to control the car and stuff, not win the molson indy

Shamis
07-18-2003, 01:46 AM
hey m5 lover what happened to ur car ?

bmwm5lover
07-18-2003, 02:19 AM
hey m5 lover what happened to ur car ?
i got hit from behind! Damn idiots that dont knwo how to drive!:mad: :D

SpudBoy
07-19-2003, 10:31 AM
BMW.ca as jon said. It's driving school in someone else's bimmer:rolleyes: It's a good car control and avoidance course sold in 3 levels each around $500 dollars each.

Mosport offers several courses but they are more for racing.

Another option is the BMWCCA auto crosses that Randy promotes. I'm seriously considering that avenue. I don't care if my times are not that fast even if my car has great potential.

SpudBoy
07-19-2003, 10:56 AM
Let me correct myself. Jon mentioned BMWCCA. I meant BMW.ca advanced driver training. I can't edit the post above

328power
07-19-2003, 04:27 PM
lol

Today My car was involved in a rear end incident with me being th erear ender....

Bottomline, cars mangeled, hood, front grille assembly, ruined and one headlight cracked up on the back black piece.

Ok,

I need to fix the following things and i was wonderin on if you guys could help me find some parts i need.

I need a new hood (my old hood was rusted and a little distorted, not its ****ing bend in half....) Instead of replacing it, i want something flashy... Ideas??? Links??? I dont wanna spend that much but i dun wanna waste my money buying the same OEM hood.

I need a new grille assembly where the grilles go into. If anyone wants to buy my kidneys maybe I could do the 97+ conversion.

PLus you know the fan at the front of ur car??? not the one behind the alternator intake shit, the front one.... When is it supposed to be on, i might have jammed it. The one at the back spinsall the time

Can you purchase the back of the OEM headlights the black part at BMW parts??? how much is it and is it easy to fix a headlight its only the back of mine thats bad everything else is ok including the lens....

P.S. I have a court case comming up july 30th for going 89 in a 40*mumble* *mumble*

WoW more bad luck to one person than i have ever seen.....