PDA

View Full Version : Original Dinan Performance chip for 2.5ltr Non vanos 5spd


E46coupe
07-16-2003, 07:27 PM
Sold car and removed chip with original one. Noticed gain at around 4000-5000 rpm. Make an offer and it's yours. Very easy install original chip is not soldered. Comes with alen key to open up dme

E46coupe
07-16-2003, 07:29 PM
2nd pic

Euro_E30
07-16-2003, 07:32 PM
will it work on an m20 motor..or is it only m50...

E46coupe
07-16-2003, 07:34 PM
no I think it's only a m50. Unless you call dinan yourself

BimmiN
07-16-2003, 08:09 PM
I am assuming for a 92 325?
What kind of offers are you entertaining?
-Thanks

r2edline
07-16-2003, 08:48 PM
Is this only for a 5spd or will it work for an auto too?

Also do I have to run higher octane gas?

E46coupe
07-16-2003, 08:50 PM
I wanted $200.00 I paid over $500.00 for it. Let me know if it of any interest to you. Go on the dinan web site if you want and see the gains. It helps alot considering the car is a non vanos and has no low end torque what's so ever. It remaps the timming eliminates goverened top end and removes the rev limiter.

E46coupe
07-16-2003, 08:52 PM
you should run higher octane. Hell you should always run high octane on a bmw chip or no chip. I had in my 92 325is 5spd so I really don't know if it will work on a auto. You are going to have to gather that information yourself. Call Dinan.

sonic07
07-16-2003, 10:40 PM
sounds good it'll fit into my bimmer no prob ....
how about $ 150.00

E46coupe
07-16-2003, 11:07 PM
make it $175.00 and you got a deal. Like I said I wanted 200

sonic07
07-16-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by b1ewch79
make it $175.00 and you got a deal. Like I said I wanted 200

ok sounds good.
how about how to install or intruction manual?
is it like p & p ?

E46coupe
07-16-2003, 11:40 PM
It's easy your dme slides out the passenger firewall inside the engine compartment. You remove the dme disconnect and unscrew. The original chip comes out very easy. Install new chip allow two-three days for the dme to adapt to the modifications and done you now have some noticed power. A cold air intake would really help this because you the fuel is remapped there-fore more air wouldn't hurt. I had that set up in my 325is and let me tell you I loved it. Where are you located.??

E46coupe
07-16-2003, 11:41 PM
call me at 416-574-6306

sonic07
07-17-2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by b1ewch79
It's easy your dme slides out the passenger firewall inside the engine compartment. You remove the dme disconnect and unscrew. The original chip comes out very easy. Install new chip allow two-three days for the dme to adapt to the modifications and done you now have some noticed power. A cold air intake would really help this because you the fuel is remapped there-fore more air wouldn't hurt. I had that set up in my 325is and let me tell you I loved it. Where are you located.??

winston & britannia

sonic07
07-17-2003, 02:27 AM
btw : this is for OBD1 right? because mine is an 92 i would imagine it's an obd1.

E46coupe
07-17-2003, 03:09 AM
yes if it is non vanos it will work...

sonic07
07-17-2003, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by b1ewch79
yes if it is non vanos it will work...

i would assume it's none vanos, how would i find out?

Soldo
07-17-2003, 04:13 AM
all 92's are NON-vanos, and all NON-VANOS 325's are OBD I, actually i believe ALL E36 325's are OBD I
and the chip is a VERY good mod for any car, i beleive you have to run 91octane MINIMUM, or else you'll mess itt up cause like the guy said, it remaps the timing and all that!
Easy install too, took me 25mins, TOPS!

sonic07
07-17-2003, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
all 92's are NON-vanos, and all NON-VANOS 325's are OBD I, actually i believe ALL E36 325's are OBD I
and the chip is a VERY good mod for any car, i beleive you have to run 91octane MINIMUM, or else you'll mess itt up cause like the guy said, it remaps the timing and all that!
Easy install too, took me 25mins, TOPS!

thanks for the info ...

Soldo
07-17-2003, 04:48 AM
no prob!
just curious anyone know the gains on the DINAN chip, i was told that TURNER makes the best chips!
But for the price of this one, its more than worth it!

sonic07
07-18-2003, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
Easy install too, took me 25mins, TOPS!

man .... 25 mins ! .... that must be with instruction manual. first i was looking where the heck is the chip supposed to go. there was a cover over it and it's between the two board like a sanwich then try to figure out how the two board come apart without breaking anything. from the begining to finish .... it's like 55 minutes ... that's without instruction manual.

after everything bolt on together i was like praying that the car would start and it did .... feeeuuuuuhhhh ...... and took it for a run .... one thing i really notice that the car rev rpm is much smoother accelerate .... i don't know could be just my brain from the stress .... but for sure i'm happy now ... in couple days perhaps take a good run on the hi way ...

Soldo
07-18-2003, 03:40 AM
WOW, ya i didn't have any problems cause i once took the computer out for fun so i already knew where it was!!
So i take it you got the DINAN chip, you notice a POWER difference?!
I did notice a BIG difference compared to the stock chip!

sonic07
07-18-2003, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
WOW, ya i didn't have any problems cause i once took the computer out for fun so i already knew where it was!!
So i take it you got the DINAN chip, you notice a POWER difference?!
I did notice a BIG difference compared to the stock chip!

yes i did notice on the rev rpm ... so ... it wasn't only my brain then ...

i was reading on one of this website perfomance stuff i forgot which one but it was saying that dinan and tuner are good chip except that dinan was a better programing for the increase on power ....

E46coupe
07-18-2003, 10:09 AM
I am glad your happy..