PDA

View Full Version : daytime running light problems

yamato
07-16-2003, 03:57 PM
guys,

I have noticed one time before when I started my car in the morning, there were warning lights in the dashboard saying both the headlights (daytime running lights) were not lit. I didn't know what it was so I didn't care, the warning lights went away eventually.

This morning I got this warning again but only one warning light was lit. I could see one daytime running light was not lit. When I tried to open up the door and went out to check the headlight, the headlight turned itself ON as soon as the door was opened.

This is kind of strange. Have you experienced something like this before?

Thanks.

EstorilM3
07-16-2003, 05:06 PM
Electrical problema most likely - BMW DRL's designed to come-on when the ignition is ON.

You have the warranty? Time to have the dealer check it.

yamato
07-17-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by EstorilM3
Electrical problema most likely - BMW DRL's designed to come-on when the ignition is ON.

You have the warranty? Time to have the dealer check it.
thanks. i do have warranty. but i try to avoid bringing the car back to the dealer until the first service if possible. i am afraid the dealer will change this part and that part which do more damage than fixing it.

yamato
08-02-2003, 07:23 PM
mine is now 1400km. One side of the DRL is finally all dead *thmbsdwn* . It is time to go to service before I get a ticket from a cop.

The closest dealer to me is Maranello BMW, is there anyone who has bad/good experiences with their service dept? Do their technicians love cars *angel* or they hate cars :mad:? It would be great if you can recommend me a good technican.

I really dont want to pick up any unnecessary scratches when my breakin period is not even over :(

Thanks!

R_JAY
08-02-2003, 07:55 PM
I don't think cops give tickets for DRLs not working but if they did you could get out of it easily. A friend of mine use to go to Maranello and he said they were pretty good but if you're worried you should make it a habbit to check your car before you leave the dealership.

yamato
08-06-2003, 12:31 AM
my DRL came back by itself all in a sudden (again!) before I get a chance to go to a dealer. It has been broken for almost 2 weeks. I dont know if I should feel happy or upset now.

This DRL is making me crazy. Now I have to wait until it breaks again before making another service appointment.

BTW, do you find your engine sometimes stall immediately after startup? i experienced twice in 3 months that when I started it in the morning. It ran for a second, then stall.

Thanks.