PDA

View Full Version : Got new chrome grills !!!!!!!

greekthang
07-15-2003, 12:19 PM
Hey boys and girls,

Got new chrome grills in the mail yesterday and I want to replace them myself. Tried to do it last night and it was hard as hell. does anyone have a website where it shows a step by step removal of the front grills. Any help would be great

Thanks

Razkal
07-15-2003, 01:32 PM
Hey there....

Try this link. I have done it a few times and its pretty easy.... I just got E46 style grills for my car and I put them on this weekend. They look so much better than the older style square ones that I had on....

Here is the link that you can use.

http://teutonic.ca/articles/DIYFiles/blackGrills/

greekthang
07-15-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Razkal 320i
Hey there....

Try this link. I have done it a few times and its pretty easy.... I just got E46 style grills for my car and I put them on this weekend. They look so much better than the older style square ones that I had on....

Here is the link that you can use.

http://teutonic.ca/articles/DIYFiles/blackGrills/

Thanks pal. Tried yesterday and I couldn't do it

Razkal
07-15-2003, 02:13 PM
it's kinda tricky at first so be careful when doing it as you can break the clips if you pull at them too hard.... Good luck! :)

Soldo
07-15-2003, 02:45 PM
Ya its a bitch to pull off, i tried doing it and i ended up cracking ONE of the clips!!

greekthang
07-15-2003, 02:47 PM
it's kinda tricky at first so be careful when doing it as you can break the clips if you pull at them too hard.... Good luck! :)

Don't really care about the old ones cause the news one have everthing on them. Its just a pop in and play thing

Razkal
07-15-2003, 03:14 PM
what kind did you get?? something like what I have?

djcontra
07-15-2003, 03:55 PM
Greekthang: I know what you mean. I tried removing mine once before to install a carbon fiber one I have sitting around, but I just couldn't get them to budge, and I didn't want to break anything :(

If you figure out the trick, let us all know.

Soldo
07-15-2003, 04:00 PM
best thing to do is take off that big plastic piece when you open the hood, and LOOK at the clips from the inside, its kinda easy when you look at it, and CONTRA, you wanna get rid of those CF grills by any chance?!
Where d'ya get em?!

djcontra
07-15-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
best thing to do is take off that big plastic piece when you open the hood, and LOOK at the clips from the inside, its kinda easy when you look at it, and CONTRA, you wanna get rid of those CF grills by any chance?!
Where d'ya get em?!

Hmm, maybe I'll look again.
I'm not thinking about parting with the grills, bu nice try though. :)
I had them made for me by a shop near my house. They originally made an overlay (as I requested) but it didn't look good, It looked too ''stick-on'', so I had them mold the entire grills out of fiberglass and overlay them with CF. They seem pretty strong, but I'm afraid of breaking them when popping them into the car hehehe. It cost me about $100, but the shop owed me a favour.

greekthang
07-15-2003, 04:18 PM
what kind did you get?? something like what I have?

No I got the exact same one I have on now but in chrome. Looks really good.

As soon as I get them off I will let you guy know how I did it. Maybe I have to put more muscle into it :D

P.S. Those who have seen me understand what I mean

R_JAY
07-15-2003, 05:17 PM
greekthang check your pm