PDA

View Full Version : How do you clean the interior pillars and headliner?

djcontra
07-15-2003, 09:24 AM
I'm just wondering how you properly clean the soft felt like material for the headliner and pillars in the car. Mine have a few dirty spots, probably done by a mechanic or someone.

Razkal
07-15-2003, 12:53 PM
Last summer I cleaned out the marks on mine. I used a bucket of warm water with some laundry detergent, not too much but just enough to do a good job. I used it on the seats that I had at the time as well.

Give it a try.

djcontra
07-15-2003, 02:12 PM
Interesting. Is the material still soft, or did it become rough after? Were there any water stains? I was thinking of wet-vaccuming my roofliner, but I remember that back on my older cars, the headliners sometimes rot, so wetting it wouldn't be the best idea (so I would think).

Razkal
07-15-2003, 02:20 PM
I used a foam sponge and did not soak the stain totally, but enough to get them out. After drying you could not even tell where it was dirty...

djcontra
07-15-2003, 03:16 PM
Sounds good! I'll probably try this tonight when I'm cleaning my interior. I bought new shoes the other day, and after 1 hour of driving, my right foot had brown marks all over my shoe! I figured, it's time to clean everything :)

theblue
07-15-2003, 03:33 PM
the best way is a simple trick I learnt on autopia. You know those sticky rollers that you use to gets hairs and stuff off of clothing - use one of those and it will give an amazing detail. They also work great for detailing cloth seats and floor mats

Soldo
07-15-2003, 04:18 PM
I had a quite a few stains in mine, similar to razkal i used warm water and OXY CLEAN (like a detergent, but MUCH better) got it ALLLLL out, and you don't soak it, just like razkal said, enough to get the stain out, does a great job!!

djcontra
07-15-2003, 04:39 PM
Oh yeah! OXYClean! I have a bunch of that stuff in my basement (actually, it's the president's choice clone of the stuff. It's basically powdered hydrogen peroxide). I'll try that since it's safe for all colours.

Soldo
07-15-2003, 04:48 PM
PC made an KNOCK OFF OXY CLEAN?!??!
hmmmmmm, i should get some of that, but ya, try that stuff, it works MIRACLES, i got out bug guts on my sunroof (i guess it was trying to sleep once when i closed the sunroof, and when i opened it the next day... OUCH!!) it got it ALLLL out, my dads truck the previous owner was a smoker, and there was smoke stains on the roof, and even a light burn mark, and oxy clean got it ALLLLLL!