PDA

View Full Version : Right Brake Duct Temp. Sensor

moregothanshow
07-15-2003, 01:38 AM
I was wondering what the right brake duct temperature sensor actually does...i am missing it and i am wondering if it is affecting my performance or anything of the sort...
Thanks!

Furious
07-15-2003, 02:54 PM
it wont affect any performance and actually wont set off any alarm or sensor problem. ( oh ya ....when you mean right do you mean passenger?).

moregothanshow
07-15-2003, 03:37 PM
yes i do mean passenger....but what exactly does it do?!? does it tell the engine what the temperature is outside? i heard something like that...someone please clear this up for me!
Thanks!

djcontra
07-15-2003, 03:53 PM
well we're on the topic, what does the driver's side sensor do? The one that looks like a little peg that sticks in the duct?
My driver's side duct is broken so I removed it and twist tied that sensor away from anything moving. I wasn't sure what it did though.
The passenger side one is definately a temperature sensor though. I read about it once before on max.

moregothanshow
07-15-2003, 03:57 PM
the driver side tells you what the temperature outside is....look on your obc. press the temp button and it should tell you the temperatur outside.... i was thinking of drilling a hole in my intake and pluging it in there to tell me the temperature of the air inside my intake....

djcontra
07-15-2003, 04:15 PM
Oh ok. I don't need it then, my OBC was disconnected the first day I got the car. I couldn't stand those warnings like:
"Brake light circuit failure"
"Low Beam failure"
etc
There's nothing wrong with my lights, but the OBC doesn't like my custom mods very much :)

moregothanshow
07-15-2003, 04:17 PM
u know what i get the brake light failure all the time...although i do have a reverse light failure....but yeah it only comes on every now and then....

djcontra
07-15-2003, 04:24 PM
I've read on another thread that it might be because the wires are getting crimped by the trunk lid hinges. I'll investigate it some time in the future, but for now I've got more important things to fix that are actually broken :)

moregothanshow
07-15-2003, 04:26 PM
thats the way i see it....

Kithegearhead
07-17-2003, 12:46 AM
The right side sensor is for heating of window washer jets. Left is outside temprature.

moregothanshow
07-17-2003, 01:18 AM
ok is that all its for? no other purposes?
Thanks!

nzer
07-21-2003, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by djcontra
Oh ok. I don't need it then, my OBC was disconnected the first day I got the car. I couldn't stand those warnings like:
"Brake light circuit failure"
"Low Beam failure"
etc
There's nothing wrong with my lights, but the OBC doesn't like my custom mods very much :)

i get these problems all the time with my active check control, when i indicate left and change to second the Brake light warning lights come on hah.

Slowered318
07-21-2003, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by moregothanshow
i was thinking of drilling a hole in my intake and pluging it in there to tell me the temperature of the air inside my intake....

Your a genious! that's the most practical "do it yourself" mod i've heard in a very long time. good thinkin!

I wouldn't do this if you have climate control though.. it might cause your A/C to come on all the time LOL

moregothanshow
07-21-2003, 05:50 PM
yeah i dont have climate control i have man control climate....