PDA

View Full Version : How to aim E36 Euro Ellipsoids?

djcontra
07-14-2003, 05:25 PM
Hey everyone, how's today treating ya?

I got HIDs finally installed on my euro ellipsoids. After adapting so many different kits and bulbs to different headlight housings, I've finally found the combo I'm happiest with.
I have one question though; how the heck do I aim these suckers? Maybe I'm just not used to the beam patteren yet, but they seem to be more aimed towards the center of the car rather than spread out more to the left and right. I can adjust them up/down but can't figure out how to adjust left/right?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Soldo
07-14-2003, 06:27 PM
hey man, wish i could help, but i only know how to aim the american ones, and up and down only, i believe you can try adjusting the entire light, not sure, and i know i asked this question before but i can't remeber the thread, how much for the ballasts, for the HID's?!

T-spec
07-14-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by djcontra
Hey everyone, how's today treating ya?

I got HIDs finally installed on my euro ellipsoids. After adapting so many different kits and bulbs to different headlight housings, I've finally found the combo I'm happiest with.
I have one question though; how the heck do I aim these suckers? Maybe I'm just not used to the beam patteren yet, but they seem to be more aimed towards the center of the car rather than spread out more to the left and right. I can adjust them up/down but can't figure out how to adjust left/right?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!
I can't seem to aim mine from left/right either, I think you might have to move the whole assbly, but that just doesn't seem right to me, are they hella's or depo/inpro?:confused:

moregothanshow
07-14-2003, 07:29 PM
i have the us spec lights and mine shoot in a triangle shape too.... i dont mind at all i actually like it....

95 325i
07-14-2003, 08:10 PM
This might Help.
:confused:

http://lighting.mbz.org/tech/aim/aim.html

djcontra
07-14-2003, 08:17 PM
Thanks everyone. It would seem that I am mounting my headlights themselves a bit incorrectly. With advice from Jim Powell, he's pointed out my problem with the mounting bolts not being positioned properly. I will have remove the lights and once again reseat them after proper adjustment :(

oh well..heopfully I'll have pics tonight though!
(I haven't been able to drive at night since I got these in because the aiming is off...i can't wait!!)