6cylinder
07-14-2003, 04:07 AM
A good buddy sent me these photos from Hong Kong.. OUCH

6cylinder
07-14-2003, 04:10 AM
one more..

95 325i
07-14-2003, 04:19 AM
That's gotta suck. Did they just spin out or what?

Alezone
07-14-2003, 04:23 AM
lucky guy... the car didn't flip or roll down to the ditch... i guess he was just crusing down the road (bcos of the opened window:D )

talkin about bimmer in HK, my friend was driving an e36 2 years ago and hit another car in the opposite traffic inside a 2-way 2-lane tunnel... he fell asleep after fighting the fire, yes he is a fireman. The car was trashed badly and he survived with a few bruises and cuts only...

now he has a Z3:rolleyes:

Sunapollo
07-14-2003, 05:42 AM
ouch ... the driver seems okay in this accident ...
I saw a picture with a E36 M3 splitted into half in HK ...

///Milk
07-14-2003, 07:07 AM
wow im surprised he got over those rails

M3ti Compact
07-14-2003, 01:00 PM
it's funny- most accident pictures of hot cars from HKG are single car crashes.

6cylinder
07-14-2003, 01:11 PM
He didnt tell me if it was his brothers car or not but by looking at the pics it has to be.. The rims still look good.. hhmmmmm

punnzzells
07-14-2003, 01:55 PM
Ya.... what does that tell you if the majority of car crashes in Hong Kong are single car accidents.....

someone can not handle the POWER of their cars!

Mike.

Sunapollo
07-14-2003, 05:08 PM
The roads in HK are narrow, curvy and so many lights (intersections) ...
also many "blind" pedestrians ...

Alezone
07-14-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by punnzzells
Ya.... what does that tell you if the majority of car crashes in Hong Kong are single car accidents.....

someone can not handle the POWER of their cars!

Mike.

That's not entirely true, if u've ever driven in HK, you'll see the unique characteristics of the road... hell lot of blind spots, hidden/sharp corners, too much fun to drive many people just give it some spirit driving... most of the time they were reported drunk driving.

Something interesting... watch TV, wait for the Drink And Drive commercial, which putting beer glasses infront of one another, that commercial was taken in HK. FYI

bart320i
07-14-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Alezone
That's not entirely true, if u've ever driven in HK, you'll see the unique characteristics of the road... hell lot of blind spots, hidden/sharp corners, too much fun to drive many people just give it some spirit driving... most of the time they were reported drunk driving.

Something interesting... watch TV, wait for the Drink And Drive commercial, which putting beer glasses infront of one another, that commercial was taken in HK. FYI

roads in europe are similar to what you described and there isn't as many accidents there?

Jim .E.
07-14-2003, 06:25 PM
looks like he was tryin to grind the rail and imitate skaters :D

Alezone
07-14-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by bart320i
roads in europe are similar to what you described and there isn't as many accidents there?

How simliar? I've been to some countries and HK's traffic is one of the busiest I've seen. Japanese road are extremely busy too but their system is very organized. There are a lot of conditions which will affect and cause accidents.

In Europe, the things that are similar to HK... the cars (including BUS), the traffic lights and ALL the signs on the road, as well as the island separating the traffics.

And you rarely see old people driving. Same as here, the accident are involved with young people. Careless driving.

Rolled_Out
07-14-2003, 07:53 PM
europeans are some of the best drivers...
the same can't be said for HK drivers though... i'd say some of hte worst.

moregothanshow
07-14-2003, 08:25 PM
i find all your statements very un-true...every race has their bad drivers....chinese, black, white, paki, whatever...

to the comment about them not being able to handle the power, thats just stupid to aay...maybe they have the balls to play with the cars potential, unlike a lot of ppl....

maybe he was trying to drift it?!?! maybe he got side swiped by someone.... anyone notice there is a big dent at the side of the door?

im not hk but i am chinese and any of u think chinese ppl are bad drivers, u guys a fuking idiots to make those kinds of assumptions.

///deni-boy///
07-14-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by moregothanshow
i find all your statements very un-true...every race has their bad drivers....chinese, black, white, paki, whatever...

to the comment about them not being able to handle the power, thats just stupid to aay...maybe they have the balls to play with the cars potential, unlike a lot of ppl....

maybe he was trying to drift it?!?! maybe he got side swiped by someone.... anyone notice there is a big dent at the side of the door?

im not hk but i am chinese and any of u think chinese ppl are bad drivers, u guys a fuking idiots to make those kinds of assumptions.
They can make assumptions to a certain extend if they speak from experience, but its unfair to say all (of a certain race/culture) drives bad.

sadda///M
07-14-2003, 11:04 PM
it's ok to generalized who from what countries are worst drivers but the one thing that gets my balls are the bad driving instructors. i swear i've seen a buncho of them do stupid stunts on the road. i even saw one do a retarded move on the 401! now that's bad coke *shiner*

///deni-boy///
07-14-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by sadda///M
it's ok to generalized who from what countries are worst drivers but the one thing that gets my balls are the bad driving instructors. i swear i've seen a buncho of them do stupid stunts on the road. i even saw one do a retarded move on the 401! now that's bad coke *shiner*
Ya there are bad instructors, my instructor was pointing out to me what the other intructors do wrong, and then i startted noticing the other instructors too.

6cylinder
07-15-2003, 03:51 AM
one more pic an update from yesterday. Oh the guy holding the umbrella is my buddys brother... from Kowloon.

Autotechnica
07-15-2003, 04:35 AM
Roads in Europe and Hong Kong couldn't be more different. Most people in Hong Kong rely on public transportation. Most people don't even drive. To keep a parking space and fill up gas is extremely expensive and considered a luxury. In Europe, eveyone drives and parking and space is not a problem. In Hong Kong, people don't even live in houses unless they are "billionares". A simple apartment in Hong Kong is over $1,000,000CDN.

Also, not too long ago Hong Kong barely had any highways until the recent construction of the airport. How can you say the roads are similar to Europe? There are also tones of people walking on the streets constantly, to own a fast car is just pure status. There's no where you can even drive a fast car in Hong Kong. And I've driven in Hong Kong before, it's fu*king hard, you always have to park uphill and parallel park. The roads are extremely narrow and they go up and down. Everyone in Hong Kong who has driven before knows how to drive manual, a large percentage of them can double clutch downshift. No offense to any other people, but at least most chinese drivers can downshift. I've seen people just grind the hell out of the clutch downshifting. If you guys are going to make this a ricial thing, then I'm going to have to stick up for the chinese. Each race has their own bad drivers. And the truth is most bad chiense drivers you see on the road here in Ontario have not been driving in Hong Kong in the past. It's because here in Canada things are so cheap compared to Hong Kong, most chinese people can afford nicer cars so they drive, because they can afford it.

The most common places street racers meet up in HK is in the mountains. They race down the roads and it's very common for them to drift into turns. If you say chinese are bad drivers, you don't know sh*t. Spend some time at the track, some of the chinese drivers will eat you alive. Some of the comments you guys made are just pure ignorant and really ticks me off.

Bry

moregothanshow
07-15-2003, 05:46 AM
Thanks Bry! Thats what i'm saying....just didnt have the words to do so....i was kinda pissed someone would say that shit about chinese ppl....

Alezone
07-15-2003, 05:59 AM
Well said Bryan. Thanks for spending time on this

About the mountain racing thing, i actually have a video of my brother driving my dad's benz going downhill at a high speed... as the famous Fei Or Shan route, i'll see if I can host the video and let you guys see it. Let me know if anyone of u are interested.

Btw, I got my driver license in HK when i was 18. TRAINED for 2 years before I came here... Driving here couldn't be any easier compare to HK. period

bart320i
07-15-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by moregothanshow

having the balls to push your car to the limit and actually knowing how to push your car to the limit are totally different things. Those are the things that seperate good driver from bad drivers. Who gives a **** if he was tryin to drift. You think thats smart, putting other peoples live in danger in the expense of having some fun. If you ask me thats being a stupid driver. Another thing, if the roads in HK are so busy shouldn't the drivers there adapt to roads, saying you have busy roads doesn't excuse bad driving, I'd think that if you have very busy roads there would be more multi-car accidents than single car accidents. You think the stereo type about asian drivers came out of the sky. Buddy let me tell I deliver rental vehicles to accident scenes and 80% of the time I'm signing up asian people, I have to ask the police officers who was at fault and I'm sorry to but the numbers speak for themselves man

6cylinder
07-15-2003, 03:32 PM
Ok guys this thread was supposed to be fun, well not fun for the owner of the car. Personally I think the bad drivers of the road are the new drivers and the OLD drivers no race intended. A good driver is a confident driver... And no more crash pics heheh

Accidents happen to the best of us.....

hmmmmm i'am I preaching......... Naaaaaahhhh

Furious
07-15-2003, 03:51 PM
those are some crazy pics i wonder how the hell hey got over the rail like that.. also have a little respect for the guy who started this thread.

SpudBoy
07-16-2003, 12:38 AM
Many years ago during the HK exodus, Agincourt (a primarily asian community) seemed like a different world and I figured asians can't drive. I used to regularly encounter people going 20 kph in a 60 zone... driving on the wrong side of a divided road... crossing the center line while tending the the child in the back seat etc. Sadly, over the years, all of the GTA became as bad or worse. Then i realised that the asians were NEW drivers... the rest of T.O. were just A$$HOLES. It has nothing to do with race. Sadly, I prefer some asian mom tending to her child in the backseat as opposed to some white guy in a tarted up pick-up starting his left hand turn 1.0 km in advance (early apex). You know the guy... that risks a head on crash because he's important and sincerely believes he will survive an accident because he is driving a "truck" that will plow though the "jap-crap". (No offense to Moe). I have to agree with Bri.

you can quote me "because you have a sports car is no excuse for not being curtious and careful on the road"

*uzi*

(retract soapbox)

slemmer
07-29-2003, 12:48 AM
Yeah, I rode in some of the HK taxi drivers cars; at times I thought I'd be killed but they know the road and how traffic flows I guess. I also noticed because of the cost of cars and such that many of the businesses have near empty parking lots. Transit there is much better -- (trains, not the buses).

HIM
07-29-2003, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by slemmer
Yeah, I rode in some of the HK taxi drivers cars; at times I thought I'd be killed but they know the road and how traffic flows I guess. I also noticed because of the cost of cars and such that many of the businesses have near empty parking lots. Transit there is much better -- (trains, not the buses).

Haha yea, I haven't been to HK in a while but being in a taxi there is pretty intense.

And I agree that driving there is pretty hard, parking spaces are small and so are the streets, I'm not surprised if there are a lot of single person accidents there, espcially somewhere pretty isolated like that BMW in the picture but then again, what do I know?

Alezone
07-29-2003, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by HIM
Haha yea, I haven't been to HK in a while but being in a taxi there is pretty intense.

And I agree that driving there is pretty hard, parking spaces are small and so are the streets, I'm not surprised if there are a lot of single person accidents there, espcially somewhere pretty isolated like that BMW in the picture but then again, what do I know?

Oh yea, HK Taxi drivers (some) remind me the movie "Taxi"... one time I was riding in this lowered w/ shiny rims and nice interior (tiny momo wheel and shifter) Toyota cab... he drove like his was racing on the road... squeezing in and out of traffic... that was fun indeed.

btw, 95% of HK cabs are manual. in contrast to here 99% are automatic...

wannabebimmer
07-29-2003, 06:54 PM
I'm half chinese and I think chinese drivers are horrible for the most part.

slemmer
07-29-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by wannabebimmer
I'm half chinese and I think chinese drivers are horrible for the most part.

So you're partly horrible? :D

wannabebimmer
07-29-2003, 10:27 PM
ya ... drive it like you stole it ;)