PDA

View Full Version : importing a 1995 e36 from ATL to Toronto

dmose
07-13-2003, 09:20 PM
Greetings,

I'm a new member and have been lurking on this and various other bimmer boards for a while..

I'm considering buying my friends 1995 E36 M3 from Atlanta. Its pristine condition. The only thing holding me back right now is the whole import process.

Ideally I would love to fly down and drive it back up, however, I'm really not feeling all the paper work/inspection that has to be done.

Do anyone know of any companies in Toronto (or Ontario) for that matter that can handle this? Ideally, I would pay them a fee and they would ship the car up here and handle all the paper work / inspection stuff for me, I simply show up and drive it away :)

chitown
07-13-2003, 11:11 PM
LOL...

I had to do this and it took me about two months to get everything settled, but then again I didn't do it right from the get-go by not having it declared at the Canadian border. All I have to say is good luck :)

WASABI
07-13-2003, 11:45 PM
Check your PM please.

BimmiN
07-14-2003, 12:39 AM
I have looked into this quite abit. One of the first things you have to look at is if the car is on the canadian acception list. Only certain cars are able to be imported into Canada. The 1995 m3 is not allowed unless you do extensive bumper work. The 96+ are allowed without any problem. Just something to look into. Good luck.