PDA

View Full Version : company ZEX has a nitrous system for your intake filter

elraton16
07-11-2003, 04:59 PM
i was reading motor trend and i saw an add for ZEX. they have made a tite ass product. thing is is that i dont know just what kind of system it is. check it out at zex.com

supposedly, you buy a zex air filter that has a nitrous nozzle at the tip of it, when the nitrous is sprayed on the inside of the filter it is immediatly sucked in and gives 75 hp! i want to know if this system is dangerous to the engine, do i need management? or better fuel injectors.....etc etc im not really a know it all in this nitrous field.

BUT 75HP sounds awesome

///deni-boy///
07-11-2003, 05:18 PM
Ya i saw the same thing yesterday when i was looking through motortrend, i was thinking the same thing, it seems so simple but i dunno.

djcontra
07-11-2003, 05:36 PM
Zex will include everything your car will need. When I was in the market for a NOS system, I was reading that running different spark plugs was one of the few things you needed to change out.
If you plan on running a higher HP shot, then you need to invest in more equipment.

I still say go for a wet system if you can. The one zex described in the ad is a dry shot system, and is basically the same as drilling a hole into your intake pipe, and inserting the nozzle. It's still the correct way to do it, but wet is safer.

elraton16
07-11-2003, 09:07 PM
contra it seems like you know your shit on nos. why is wet safer than dry? and if i decide to zex up my car what will i be looking at in terms of wear and tear? should i change anything else other than the plugs

app
07-11-2003, 09:10 PM
Wet is safer than dry due to air/fuel ratio. If you have highly combustible air but your fuel isn't keeping up it'll cause detonation = BLOWN WELDS ON THE INTAKE! (nah, just melted pistons :))

If you have a rich fuel mixture it'll just blow black smoke instead of causing detonation.

Jon@Bimmersport
07-11-2003, 09:45 PM
Wet is safer for Zex because zex has the smart kit, which only injects nitrous providing the right mix of fuel..so u cant blow your engine to shit, plus it has no stupid button shit which everyone thinks is nitrous, it works at WOT

BMW_7
07-11-2003, 10:18 PM
How long would that bottle last? Say if you arm it every time you drive.