PDA

View Full Version : Need LOTS of info on rotors/brakes

98323IS
07-10-2003, 01:08 AM
Okay, I am getting rotors........that is certain. BUT, I have been doing some research, and it seems that slotted is best for just the street, and I have read a little bit about the cross drilled ones cracking etc. etc. bla bla bla, but I think I am going to go with a cross drilled and slotted rotor. So my question is, who makes one, how much, and how soon can I get them? I want to buy these things asap! E-mail me (onefastbeemer@hotmail.com) PM me or reply here, doesn't matter! Any help would be GREAT. FYI I have EBC Green Stuff pads all around that have about 500kms on them so they will be going on with the new rotors. Thanks to all,

Brad

Soldo
07-10-2003, 04:40 AM
NO CAN DO buddy, you cannot put USED pads on new rotors, otherwise you'll warp the rotors i believe!
There are a few guys on here that know where to get a good price for rotors, and i know a few people are gonna suggest ELITE AUTO in scarbourough, give them a call!

98323IS
07-10-2003, 04:04 PM
The backs are brand new, and the fronts have literally like maybe 200kms on them..............I JUST got them......put after the front was put on we noticed it was time for rotors, so I said screw it leave the back. Gotta number for Elite?

Soldo
07-10-2003, 04:12 PM
not sure about the number, i know a few people know it, i believe its on another thread about X-DRILLED BRAKES as well,
but i'm pretty sure that you cannot put USED pads (even if they were used ONCE) on NEW rotors!

djcontra
07-10-2003, 04:55 PM
I have to agree with soldomatic on this one. No matter how little the pads have been used, they should not be used with new rotors. The reason is, is that pads marry themselves to the rotors they're put on, and flow into the grooves impressioned in the metal. If you put those same pads on the new rotors, it'll groove your rotors which could damage them. You should always get new pads when changing rotors.

Soldo
07-10-2003, 04:59 PM
See, thought that was why but wasn't too sure, hey contra you know elites # right, mind postin?!

98323IS
07-10-2003, 10:11 PM
Wow thanks for all the help guys! I just need to find some prices now..........anybody got any ideas??