PDA

View Full Version : best way to clean the windows

e46it
07-07-2003, 05:50 PM
Does anyone know what is the best way to clean the windows on the car (inside). Actually i want to know what to use to dry the window so i don't see any lines when the car fogs up on the inside.... i know i should get a room but it gets expensive...

klaudia
07-07-2003, 06:13 PM
The best way to clean your windows is to use newspapers, this will both clean and dry the windows. It sounds kinda weird but this is how they clean glass and display cabinets in art galleries and museums!

DunDan
07-07-2003, 07:59 PM
I agree with klaudia that newspapers is the way to go.

But I'm lazy...If my windshield is dirty while I'm driving...I stop at the gas station and squeegie the inside of the windshield. I keep wiping off the rubber blade with papertowels so the water doesn't drip everywhere. Also wipe off excess winshield washer fluid with more gas station paper towels (they feel like newspaper anyway).

hypertension
07-07-2003, 08:10 PM
anyone jus used windex... then some kind of towel... "Crazy idea?" ahaha

coupe
07-07-2003, 08:44 PM
i hate useing windex go to your auto parts store find the cheapest window cleaner (mine was $1.10 for a can) and get a miricle cloth or microfiber cloth

djcontra
07-07-2003, 08:55 PM
Doesn't the newspaper leave black ink all over the windows?

I use windex and paper towel. I never get streaks.

low_bmw
07-07-2003, 09:03 PM
use vinager and wipe it with newspaper.

e46it
07-07-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by low_bmw
use vinager and wipe it with newspaper.

WOULD THAT BE A BALSAMIC VINAGER.... :D
J/K I HAVE DONE THIS IN THE PAST AND IT WORKS GREAT BUT THE SMALE IS TOO STRONG...

KJ-M3
07-07-2003, 10:24 PM
Stoner's Glass Cleaner and Newspaper is the way to go.

- KJ

audiophilia
07-08-2003, 12:54 AM
Eagle One Glass Cleaner. Love it. Safe for tint, too...*th-up*

Bigbore
07-08-2003, 01:14 AM
hey i find that windex smudges if your cleaning the inside of your window, i usually use that gunk stuff at canadain tire, does the job.

bart320i
07-08-2003, 01:58 AM
the newspaper doesn't leave any marks, it works really well with any cleaner...you should try it!

Jon@Bimmersport
07-08-2003, 02:28 AM
i dont wipe fog..i used rain-X anti fog and rain x for the outside..no rain drops, no fog..hehe

djcontra
07-08-2003, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by E46_lover
i dont wipe fog..i used rain-X anti fog and rain x for the outside..no rain drops, no fog..hehe

Rain-X worked well the one time I used it. I wish it lasted longer though...

moregothanshow
07-08-2003, 02:40 AM
rain-x is tha shit! i love a fresh coat of rain-x....water just beads and rolls....

golden
07-08-2003, 02:54 AM
i got a window cleaner from BMW, and i use a micro fibre cloth from meguairs

the cloth is amazing, no streaks, no fibres left over.. just great

sonic07
07-08-2003, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by E46iT
WOULD THAT BE A BALSAMIC VINAGER.... :D
J/K I HAVE DONE THIS IN THE PAST AND IT WORKS GREAT BUT THE SMALE IS TOO STRONG...

LOL ... throw some salad with it ...

blkm3
07-08-2003, 04:06 AM
hey guys ,
I know someone who works for a car wash and they use newspaper which will not leave black stuff . It does a really good job . Windex is good but I was told never to use it on tints . Water & newspaper is the way to go . They do sell something at canadian tires so you can put inside so it wont fog up . Hope this will help .
:cool:

ZiMMie
07-08-2003, 04:24 AM
when i bought my car the windows were soo clean that u wont even know when the windows is closed.i started cleanin it with paper towel and windex. i found out that there was a really black coating on the windows. after i clean all that black shit
(not noticable on the windows) i seen that there is lil scatces on the window but i just want know does anyone know wat the hell was used on the window. it was left all over the paper towel. just want to know does anyone knows wat the hell the previous owner used on the windows? (previous owner left the country
so i can't ask him :( )the windows was soooo Clean. not anymore

Tastic
07-08-2003, 04:08 PM
the newspaper ink actually acts as a polish for the glass. It's cheap, and it works great. You can either use just water and newspaper or a mix of water/vineager and the paper. wouldn't advise using the vineager inside...it can get pretty stank in there.