PDA

View Full Version : noise from wheel

boosted325
07-05-2003, 07:19 PM
i go a 85 325e an for the past few days i have been hearin a weird annoying noise from my rear right wheel... i check my brakes, they still look new, along with the rotors, i thought i was that wheel bearing, but after we checked everything out, there was nothin wrong with any of my wheel bearings, a freind of mine said it sounds like my parkin brake is stickin in the active position, it only make the sound when jus driving, but when u go in reverse it dosent make it.. and its not when i put on brakes, its a sound of its own.. could anyone please tell me whats goin on if anyone has ever had this problem

R_JAY
07-06-2003, 03:18 PM
What kind of noise? I had a thump thump thump noise coming from the drivers rear which I thought was a wheel bearing. After changing the bearing and still having the noise I found that I have a flat spot in that tire.

FastM3
07-06-2003, 06:01 PM
I have that kind of noise, mine is like a clunking in the rear...it only does it when i turn corners slowly with the clutch out...

mine is the rear differential, positraction, which costs quite a bit of money for my car

Albertae30
07-06-2003, 07:00 PM
yeah i have this weird ass grinding noise commin from my ass end and i took my wheels off had my mechanic check it all out and nothing was wrong i think its my rear end for my 318i its not the much for a rear end so i might fix it soon here.

Jon@Bimmersport
07-07-2003, 03:16 AM
differential bearing??

Albertae30
07-07-2003, 05:40 AM
could be but its only when i turn corners could it still be the diff bearing?

boosted325
07-07-2003, 10:03 PM
well my next though about why mine is makin this noise is that the sensor on my rear brakes is touchin something, thats what it really sounds like, and the brakes are fairly new, they are actually a few months old, and show not much wear at all, so im gonna go outside and check that out in a few minutes

FastM3
07-07-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Albertae30
could be but its only when i turn corners could it still be the diff bearing?

same thing here, only when i take turns slowly and with the clutch OUT...i think it is the diff. bearing

bmwm5lover
07-08-2003, 01:30 AM
Bearing:D had the same problem.... Ask E46 Lov3er :D