PDA

View Full Version : My Gearbox/Linkage Blew up

CP6NJA (Alek)
07-05-2003, 07:14 PM
ok, I am driving along doing about 80 km/h, nicely, not hard or racing or anything. Just cruise. I was on Queensway near Dixie, close to the Public Storage Place also close the Cawthra.

So, anyways, I am cruising home, and I hear a BOOM sound. and then I look out my windows left and right, and I see little peices of metal flying out from under my car. I look at my girl and yell out OH SHYITTT

and so I try to drop it into third to pull over, when I notice I don't have any gears and more. I can literally make circles with my shifter right now, there are no gears in there.

So I pull over and run back to the intersection to get what I can from the peices that few away. And I call the Roadside Assistance, they take my car to the impound lot. Then this morning, they take it to BMW. BMW said it was the linkage.

So guys, what do you think about this.
Is my car ever going to stop getting somthing fukd up every month. I mean, I drive my car 6 months of the year, and in that time my car is in the service department for about 3 weeks.

I dunno, my parents are telling me to get rid of the car beucase my warranty is out in April of next year, and with the rate of things going wrong with my car, I know that more shyit will go wrong after my warranty expires.

What do you guys think?

oh, and how much do you think this damage would cost to get fixed if I didn't have warranty.

Oh, p.s. hehehe
I was gonna buy the SSK short Shifter or what ever its called. i told this to my service guy
(Sheldon Ashley / Best Service guy ever) and he said, "bro, you can thank god you didn't get it, cause if you did, i would not be writing up these papers for you" he said that they would have said that the short shifter caused it, and they would not touch the car.

nzer
07-05-2003, 08:56 PM
get rid of it, its cursed. By a new one

CP6NJA (Alek)
07-05-2003, 09:01 PM
I have Serbian parents man, even though something is not my fault. My father will beat down on my ass. I got in shit yesterday even. my dad yells at me in a euro accent. "Alex, vay yu buying carrrr so expenzive" ahh? vasa merrra vit you? Selling nowv.

So, I might be getting a G35 coupe after this E46. My dad says that I never should have bought a new German car. he says go Jap all the way.

And you know what, I think you are right nzer, it is cursed, I have had nothing but problems this whole time. I mean, the car is amazing, but sux when it comes to reliability.

sonic07
07-05-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by CP6NJA (Alek)
I have Serbian parents man, even though something is not my fault. My father will beat down on my ass. I got in shit yesterday even. my dad yells at me in a euro accent. "Alex, vay yu buying carrrr so expenzive" ahh? vasa merrra vit you? Selling nowv.

So, I might be getting a G35 coupe after this E46. My dad says that I never should have bought a new German car. he says go Jap all the way.

And you know what, I think you are right nzer, it is cursed, I have had nothing but problems this whole time. I mean, the car is amazing, but sux when it comes to reliability.

i know how you feel .... must be lemon from the start. your dad is right. i always abuse the damn honda and it won't die. it doesn't need any care just put gas, it doesn't rust, and now it's got 275000km and it doesn't even burn any oil. sorry to say this but it's always been a good back up car when the bimmer is failed.

Albertae30
07-05-2003, 09:43 PM
yea i hear you pain bro. when i bought my e30 i got my dad to pick it up with out me even seeing it but yet he had his mechanic with him and he said it is a good car. so i start driving it and well it started breaking down cause the guy who had it before me bagged the hell out of her so i am constantly repairing something. But for me i will at least know i have a brand new car now.

R_JAY
07-06-2003, 03:31 PM
It's wierd cause my buddy has a 328ci and man this guy never takes care of it. The oil change intervals are long enough on these cars (something like 24000k) and he'll go 5000 over that. He's already at 103000k and never had a single thing go wrong. It's funny how car companies can make a solid trouble free car one day and a complete lemon the next.

Jon@Bimmersport
07-06-2003, 04:32 PM
it is only your car...get rid of it how you can and try for another E46..how many E46 do this? this is the only one i heard of linkage mysteriously going

bart320i
07-06-2003, 05:23 PM
I agree this is a lemon and get rid of it. G35's have lots of problems. I have a friend at Infity at Dixie/401 and he sais they come in for tranny and electrical all the time

SickFinga
07-06-2003, 05:25 PM
http://www.vegsoc.org/cordonvert/recipes/pics/lyn-lemon.jpg

sonic07
07-06-2003, 06:17 PM
this is awful, pretty soon we got to sit at the assembly line so the car is order is done properly like the guy on volvo commercial. perhaps we should be able to find out weather the car was build on monday or friday and don't buy it. .....lol ...

CP6NJA (Alek)
07-06-2003, 06:44 PM
yeah, don't buy Monday or Friday cars.

Tuesday and Wednesday are good cause then everything is moving properly.

Friday bad cause poeple are happy to go home, don't give two shiits about how the car turns out.

Mondays, too lazy to start working so it will turn out bad.