PDA

View Full Version : What's YOUR detailing process?

Tastic
07-05-2003, 03:02 PM
I was just curious as to what fellow maxbimmer member's detailing steps were? This was also a way for me to know how anal about our cars we are too.

I wash with Mother's Gold Class
Clay
3M Swirl Mark Remover
Klasse All-In-One
Klasse Sealer Glaze
and whatever Carnuba Wax I have at the time on top.

Not to mention all the other things like windows, leather, carpets and other stuff that get cleaned.

bmwm5lover
07-05-2003, 04:01 PM
im actually in the process of getting a Detailing book!

Jon@Bimmersport
07-07-2003, 04:17 AM
i jus run the car under some water from the tap and let it dry up in the sun

works perfect

lol jk..i usually wash the car at the coin op...pre soak, soap, rinse, wax, wipe, maybe cleaner wax or something sometimes..but other than that i jus use the coin op stuff

moregothanshow
07-08-2003, 02:31 AM
i have always wondered what presoak is/does.... shed some light please!
thanks!

Jon@Bimmersport
07-08-2003, 02:40 AM
its just water with some soap on it..i guess it rinses off all the dirt that will come off easily so that the soap when u scrub it goes and cleans the nasty shit instead of the layer on top

djcontra
07-08-2003, 03:41 PM
1. First I spray the car with water
2. Then I cover her with soap and scrub
3. After letting the soap soak a bit, I rinse the car with a power washer
4. Then I dry the car off.
5. Next I proceed to get out the applicator pads and waxes for my car
6. I hand them to my girlfriend so she can do it, and then I go inside for a beer
7. I come outside, with a steak dinner (just for me), and wa-la! my car is shiny and beautiful again! :D

KJ-M3
07-10-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Tastic
I was just curious as to what fellow maxbimmer member's detailing steps were? This was also a way for me to know how anal about our cars we are too.

I wash with Mother's Gold Class
Clay
3M Swirl Mark Remover
Klasse All-In-One
Klasse Sealer Glaze
and whatever Carnuba Wax I have at the time on top.

Not to mention all the other things like windows, leather, carpets and other stuff that get cleaned.

Where did you get your Klasse polish from? I'm having trouble finding a place in Canada (Toronto) that sells it.

Thanks,
KJ

Tastic
07-11-2003, 05:51 AM
KJ,

I ordered the Klasse online. I have relatives that live in Michigan, so they just bring it up for me. I can't find a local retailer here either. I eventually gave up looking for one, so I just bit the bullet and ordered it from Classic Motoring Accessories @ www.properautocare.com

KJ-M3
07-11-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Tastic
KJ,

I ordered the Klasse online. I have relatives that live in Michigan, so they just bring it up for me. I can't find a local retailer here either. I eventually gave up looking for one, so I just bit the bullet and ordered it from Classic Motoring Accessories @ www.properautocare.com

Thanks Tastic.

I just ordered from KlasseOnline.com.

They have a "No Rip Off Shipping Policy".

Proper Auto Care was going to charge me $22US for shipping + $39 for the Klasse Concours Kit ($61 total).

From KlasseOnline, I got the kit for $35US and $12 Shipping ($47 Total). That's a savings of $14US (about $19-$20) CDN.

We'll see how fast it gets here and how their service is before I recommend them to others! =)

I hate paying $22 for shipping two small bottles of car polish. What a ripoff. That shlt burns me up! haha

- KJ