PDA

View Full Version : acs lowering springs

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
07-02-2003, 02:45 AM
hey everyone speed stars auto in toronto is having a clearence and i have a pair of acs lowering springs for my e46 on hold
i was wondering if anyone has ever had or heard good or bad things about them and if anyone knows how much the drop is
i no i should get coilover but if these springs are able to lower my car around 2 1/4 i will probably end up getting them.,

SpoolinS6
07-03-2003, 01:28 PM
post some pics when u get them!

Rolled_Out
07-03-2003, 02:43 PM
first it was the rims, then uuc exhaust and chip then fiberglass work, then it was the M rcoupe/roadster, then you were selling your car, now its the springs!
do something already!
all talk and no action!!

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
07-03-2003, 10:19 PM
sorry rolled out i actually have acs pedals , acs dead footrest, acs e brake, acs shift knob, i have clear conered everything on my car , white bulbs everywhere ummm
and am still confused about my exhaust intake colivers and chip if you have a problem with that do not read my threads or keep your comments to yourself
and i dont see you flaming at anyone else who asks questions??
wats that about ??

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
07-03-2003, 10:22 PM
oo ya and my fiberglass work is going to be done in a week i am just getting a fiberglass mold of my back where my two speakers are
they mold is just going over the cardboard which was once there covered in carpet then it is off to euro auto body to get painted
im truly sorry about asking too many questions i just wanted to know the right place to spend my money

notjoe
07-04-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by sUpeD Up BiMmEr
oo ya and my fiberglass work is going to be done in a week i am just getting a fiberglass mold of my back where my two speakers are
they mold is just going over the cardboard which was once there covered in carpet then it is off to euro auto body to get painted
im truly sorry about asking too many questions i just wanted to know the right place to spend my money

Dont be sorry for asking questions, dont feel stupid either because if you dont ask the questions to find out the information you need and you ended up getting taken for a ride you'll still feel stupid but you would be out $$$!

Jon@Bimmersport
07-04-2003, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by notjoe
Dont be sorry for asking questions, dont feel stupid either because if you dont ask the questions to find out the information you need and you ended up getting taken for a ride you'll still feel stupid but you would be out $$$!

he cant help feeling stupid..thats cuz he IS stupid! lol jk todd...

wats this audio speaker cover shit ur saying? that sounds pretty kool..show me when its done! and the ACS interior stuff..man ur car is gonna look miiiiiiint!!!!!! jus get some coilovers and you'll be pimpin

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
07-04-2003, 08:15 PM
ya i no i got all the acs stuff finally
ill show u tonite if u come by timmies

Bigbore
07-04-2003, 08:20 PM
i was riding down the QEW and i saw a niec black BMW with an ACs logo on the back, i assume it`s the drop cause it was fairly stock other then that... they drop looked very nice.

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
07-04-2003, 09:52 PM
yes the acs drop is very nice but very expensive but u do keep your ride quality

Jon@Bimmersport
07-05-2003, 05:51 AM
with ANY sort of lowering u WILL loose ride quality...

///deni-boy///
07-05-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by E46_lover
with ANY sort of lowering u WILL loose ride quality...
Unless you get them custom where u pay someone (eibach) to engineer you some springs that will give u maximum ride quality.

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
07-05-2003, 10:54 PM
and remember acs specialize in beamers so they make there products for your car
its not like you go to eibach adn grab lowering springs that will work
acs take time and effort into making items that you will be satisfied with or else they would never sell cause there so expensive

bart320i
07-06-2003, 12:40 AM
and remember acs specialize in beamers so they make there products for your car
its not like you go to eibach adn grab lowering springs that will work
acs take time and effort into making items that you will be satisfied with or else they would never sell cause there so expensive

I think ACS springs are actually Eibach springs made to ACS specs with ACS lettering on them. P.S. I don't think ACS springs will give you a large drop

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
07-06-2003, 04:16 AM
well bart they dont give you a big drop as i found out unfortunately they drop it to about .4 of an inch lower then the stock sports or m package so this is not useful to me

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
07-06-2003, 04:17 AM
i dont no about the eibachs springs just with the acs name on it i highly doubt that because then acs would not be known if they did things liek that

bart320i
07-06-2003, 03:29 PM
I don't think ACS makes there own springs because for the machine alonge it costs lot's of $$$. They don't manufacture there own wheels they are made by BBS. Even hamman and hartge don't manufacture. I'm pretty sure ACS springs are by eibach or HR

Jon@Bimmersport
07-06-2003, 06:55 PM
i dont no about the eibachs springs just with the acs name on it i highly doubt that because then acs would not be known if they did things liek that

sure they would...people buy their stuff because they make their kits and stuff, but for certain stuff they buy others stuff and put their name on it (the original company gets more $$$ this way too)

where do u think gas comes from? smaller companys buy from bigger companys

///deni-boy///
07-06-2003, 07:14 PM
Ya same with ACS exhausts, Remus makes the mufflers for ACS.

bart320i
07-06-2003, 07:59 PM
ACS won't actually manufacture springs, exhuast, internals, mostly everything because they just engineer there product, make a prototype, test and after it's been proven the manufacturing is outsourced to other company that have means to manufacture such a product. they would never spend the money to build factories that produce wheels, springs, body kits, interior, internals, strut braces. They would have to an enormously huge company to do that, there core concern is to be performance tuner not some huge manufacturer

///deni-boy///
07-07-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by bart320i
ACS won't actually manufacture springs, exhuast, internals, mostly everything because they just engineer there product, make a prototype, test and after it's been proven the manufacturing is outsourced to other company that have means to manufacture such a product. they would never spend the money to build factories that produce wheels, springs, body kits, interior, internals, strut braces. They would have to an enormously huge company to do that, there core concern is to be performance tuner not some huge manufacturer
I agree with you man, your totally right.

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
07-08-2003, 02:48 AM
i never thought of it that way
thanks bart you are probably right

chitown
07-08-2003, 03:30 AM
How many of you lower your cars? My insurance says I'm not covered if I lower my car, but that's it...

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
07-08-2003, 10:23 PM
get coilovers so you can jack it up when u go see ur insurance company

sonny
07-10-2003, 01:00 PM
I don't think the acs springs will lower your car very much because you already have the factory sport suspension... this is the same problem I have. I think you should just get coilovers... it's the best way to go. Seriously man, stop wasting your time. Just get the full H&R coilover kit and your car will look and feel amazing!