PDA

View Full Version : Zainos revisited

ImolaMZ3
06-30-2003, 10:47 PM
I finally got around to taking some more pics of my car after applying zainos. I applied another coat this morning making a total of six coats in the last 2 months. I think it speaks for itself.

ImolaMZ3
06-30-2003, 10:48 PM
More pics. It got cloudy here changing the tone of the red. This is why I love the Imola colour.

ImolaMZ3
06-30-2003, 10:49 PM
Looks like wet nailpolish.

Kal
06-30-2003, 10:50 PM
WOW!!!

THAT LOOKS GREAT

golden
06-30-2003, 11:23 PM
oh man!
where do you buy this zainos stuff?

is it a multiple step process?

SpudBoy
06-30-2003, 11:53 PM
Nice job*th-up*

bmwm5lover
07-01-2003, 12:44 AM
Looks Sweet! I love Iomola Red!

FastM3
07-01-2003, 12:47 AM
Looks great man!!!

Where did you buy your Zaino?

Jademonkey
07-01-2003, 01:04 AM
check out www.zainostore.com (http://)

ImolaMZ3
07-01-2003, 01:26 AM
You can get it in Canada at www.zaino.ca These guys are the importers and you can buy it from them through the mail or drive to Guelph to get it. They also supply the Barbers Chair in TO with the product.

Yes it is a multiple step process. It is well laid out on the Zaino site. Don't cut corners on the prep work. Zaino is only a clear coating, it will not clean your paint. I figure I have about $150.00 invested in the different products including a clay bar. Thing is after 6 coats I still have more than 75% left. It goes a loooong way. I learned a lot the hard way using this stuff so feel free to ask any questions.

KennyTheGreat
07-01-2003, 01:29 AM
man it looks pimp.....

King Luis
07-01-2003, 02:04 AM
is it wax on wax off steps or what???
how long will the protection on the paint and smoothness last????

BTW it looks like your car was just painted... looks awesome

Jademonkey
07-01-2003, 03:04 AM
Zaino is only a one or 2 step process to apply, but for it to look that good prep work must be done.
My "big" detail includes:
Clay
Polish(DACP with Yellow Pad + PC)
Paint Cleaner
P21S or Souveran

When using Zaino, the last 2 steps is where you would apply zaino.

check out www.zainobros.com (http://) for info on application.

It is not that hard when you get used to it, but the first few times it is difficult to apply it correctly.

Daft
07-01-2003, 03:12 AM
Ya i just put a 2nd coat of Zaino Z2 on my M3 today. Amazing shine and soooo smooooth! I purchased my Zaino products from the Barber Chair in SquareOne mall. Or you can order from http://www.zaino.ca

audiophilia
07-01-2003, 05:59 PM
Used 'em all.

Zaino is just in another universe! And it is so easy to use...

Your car looks fantastic!

Soldo
07-01-2003, 06:20 PM
can you use a polisher with zanio products?!

ImolaMZ3
07-02-2003, 05:06 PM
You should only apply Zaino by hand. This is due to the fact that you want to use straight strokes, no circular motions, to get rid of the swirls. They say you can take it off with a power buffer but if you use it right there is absolutely no reason you need to.

98323IS
07-08-2003, 02:22 AM
HEY did you have your car serviced at Budd's BMW in hamilton? That's a sweet car! And next time, ask for ME (Brad) to hand wash that shit baby...........I have nothing else to do!

ImolaMZ3
07-09-2003, 10:47 PM
Hey Brad, yeah that was my car. They are under instructions not to wash my car as I don't want it in the automatic wash bay. If you are willing to wash it by hand and use the Zaino wash that I supply I might be willing.

I am a picky bastard about my car so you might want to think twice about doing it. It will be back in a week or so for a fuel pump replacement. Let me know if you are up to the challange.

*smoke*

98323IS
07-12-2003, 03:45 PM
MORE then up to it baby. Plus it'll look good if you say hey, I want Brad to do it nobody else. Ya just give me the car wash stuff and I'll do it......that is unless it's pretty clean already in which case that's cool don't worry about it. Come say hi nextime man!! See ya

98323IS
07-12-2003, 03:46 PM
And picky is the ONLY way to be with how clean your car is. I would NEVER take my car through one of those things, even if it only sees BMW's. I don't even use soap on my car man. I have special wash mits etc. etc. I have about 500,000,000 different damn products in my garage!!! I think you and I will get along great...........hahahaha

Jon@Bimmersport
07-12-2003, 06:48 PM
how long does the zaino process take usuall?

ImolaMZ3
07-13-2003, 01:22 AM
E46_Lover;

I took a week to do mine right. The dealer had swirled the paint something awful so it took me 2 days just to get the swirls out. I used all Zainos products including the swirl remover. My swirls were very shallow but there were tons. I didn't use the accelerator ZFX so I could only do one coat a day. If you use the ZFX you can do up to three coats every 24 hours. I have 7 coats on now and put on another coat every 4 weeks. Doesn't need it, just love doin it. Figure on a weekend if you use ZFX to help you along.

windsor318is
07-13-2003, 01:55 AM
hey mr imola thats a gorgeous roadster you got there!!

question #1, is this zaino stuff that good?? seeing as you car is also red did you have that combweb look on your paint before??

question#2 is your roadster the 315hp version??

question#3 can you let me know when you are ready to sell it??(im serious)

ImolaMZ3
07-13-2003, 12:48 PM
Windsor;
To answer your questions:
1. Yeah, I had the cobwebs you are talking about. Keep in mind my car only had 13000km on it when I got but the idot dealer didn't know how to use an orbital polisher and really f***d up the paint. I have used pretty much every wax/polish out there over the years and I gotta admit, Zainos is amazing. I have said it before that prep is everything so don't skimp on the cleaning and clay before you start. The swirls started to resurface after about a dozen washes, not sure if they were new or old. Another coat of Z5 makes them disappear.

2. No it is the 240hp version. This version is more easy to modify and is not prone to problems like the S54 version. This car is very snakey as it is and would be a real handful with more power.

3. It's not for sale yet. I have only had it since March so you have a few years to wait. I have already been offered 8k more than I paid. Once a MZ4 comes out I am sure that the value of my car will drop. Nice thing is, in 2006 my car will only have 50k on the odometer.

Nice 318 by the way.

TiemenT
07-13-2003, 05:49 PM
great car man ! I doubting that the M version Z4 is coming cause BMW says that it isn't, but that what they said about the Z3 too, so we'll find out, but what about the Hartge Z4 *wiggle* ???

http://www.m5board.com/articles/germany2/46.jpg

TiemenT
07-13-2003, 05:51 PM
sorry to post again, but can you post some pics of your IS300 as well, cause I drove an IS200 sport, and compared what you did with your Z3, I doubt it that the IS300 is stock :)

windsor318is
07-13-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by ImolaMZ3
Windsor;
To answer your questions:
1. Yeah, I had the cobwebs you are talking about. Keep in mind my car only had 13000km on it when I got but the idot dealer didn't know how to use an orbital polisher and really f***d up the paint. I have used pretty much every wax/polish out there over the years and I gotta admit, Zainos is amazing. I have said it before that prep is everything so don't skimp on the cleaning and clay before you start. The swirls started to resurface after about a dozen washes, not sure if they were new or old. Another coat of Z5 makes them disappear.

2. No it is the 240hp version. This version is more easy to modify and is not prone to problems like the S54 version. This car is very snakey as it is and would be a real handful with more power.

3. It's not for sale yet. I have only had it since March so you have a few years to wait. I have already been offered 8k more than I paid. Once a MZ4 comes out I am sure that the value of my car will drop. Nice thing is, in 2006 my car will only have 50k on the odometer.

Nice 318 by the way.

thanks for the complement*th-up* im assuming if you where to wash the car hands free the finish would last longer no?? do you clean it by hand??

Mr. imola i have no problem waiting 5 years if i have to, im still kicking myself in the nuts for not buying my bosses before i got my car. it was triple black with 13k on it, the buy out was 38k:(

ImolaMZ3
07-14-2003, 12:50 AM
Windsor

I only wash it by hand. Tried it at a hands free once. Roof leaked like a bastard. I am sure I will be around on this board for a while so when I am ready to sell, I will post here first.

FYI, my IS300 and a 330is are coming off lease at my work in the next few months. If anyone is interested let me know. 27k for the IS, 32k for the 330. All are plus taxes. PM me for details.

TiemanT, my IS300 is stock as it is my daily driver and a company car to boot. It has served me well but it has been in a major accident and I have had nothing but grief since. It's still a good deal for someone even with the problems. I am trying to get a 325iT for a replacement. :D You know, give it the M treatment.

Please excuse the messy garage.

ImolaMZ3
07-14-2003, 12:52 AM
A nice front three quarter shot.

Please don't flame me, this was a request.

98323IS
07-15-2003, 08:30 PM
You didn't buy chance buy that at Budds too did you????

ImolaMZ3
07-15-2003, 09:34 PM
Nah, I got it from Erin Park Lexus, been almost 3 years now. I saw the one for sale at Budds Hamilton. What did they want for that one?

MiniMan7
07-16-2003, 01:37 AM
Hey, you live right down the street from me! I see you quite often, have you ever seen an Electric Blue with White roof Mini Cooper S driving around Stoney Creek?! Thats me!!!

-Adam

ImolaMZ3
07-16-2003, 10:36 AM
Hi MiniMan7. Nice car. I see your car around all the time. It's refreshing to see something different. Our neighbourhood has some hot cars in it. There is a purple Prowler, tricked out silver 911, black Z4 and a black Boxter all within the block.

MiniMan7
07-16-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by ImolaMZ3
Hi MiniMan7. Nice car. I see your car around all the time. It's refreshing to see something different. Our neighbourhood has some hot cars in it. There is a purple Prowler, tricked out silver 911, black Z4 and a black Boxter all within the block. What a small world!:)

If I see you, I'll give you a honk! *wave*

-Adam

98323IS
07-17-2003, 03:45 AM
I forget what they wanted for the IS300, but it sold really fast.........................

miniman7..............I saw your car when you pulled in.......sweet ride man I love those cars!!! Nice colour choice too by the way!

MiniMan7
07-17-2003, 11:32 PM
I haven't been to Budd's recently, are you talking about a couple weeks ago? Was it when I handed in my resume, or when I was with my g/f?

-Adam