PDA

View Full Version : Silver Skyline

DriveItSideways
06-30-2003, 04:13 PM
i think it was an r34? i saw it in pickering making a right onto bayly off of brock rd, that car sounds insane!

Jim .E.
06-30-2003, 04:33 PM
i dont think you saw a Skyline, it was most likely a Sylvia (S14) with a RB26 (engine code for skylines) dropped into it and with the Skyline badging and front end...the biggest thing that probably made you think it was a skyline was because of the lights in the back (you can get them off of Ebay)

DriveItSideways
06-30-2003, 04:53 PM
nope, it was a skyline

SeRb
06-30-2003, 05:45 PM
you're in canada right?
i thought they were not street legal here :confused:

but i guess u can make it street legal if u pay a shitload of tax and let them **** around with ur car

DriveItSideways
06-30-2003, 06:31 PM
it had a dealer plate on so i doubt it was registered, but damn what a sick car, it was completly stock but still amazing, had pretty dark tints though

Jattdee328
06-30-2003, 07:04 PM
badass ride for sure!!!!!

Haps

DriveItSideways
06-30-2003, 07:08 PM
i was just checking on the net and the one that i saw was NOT an r34 it was an r33, looked like this one.

KennyTheGreat
06-30-2003, 07:12 PM
SEEN...,..

yesterday I saw a new silver 5 series on Warden and Sheppard with dealer plates.... Still had the white sticker shit on the paint...

it actually looks better in real life than in pics..

betmen
06-30-2003, 07:14 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaa...to bad those are ilegal, and ummmm, they cant be driven or inported into canada, just thought you shoud know

cosidering im like a skyline freak and went to detroit just to see one, i know
plus whent ehe was taht car meeting in toronto and there were cops i tlaked to them, and the ca aint legal here, so yeah, you dindt see a skyline...

something else maybe but not a skyline

Soldo
06-30-2003, 07:18 PM
dude that pic you posted, can EASILY be confused with a 240sx, aka SILVIA!
so thats what it was!

betmen
06-30-2003, 07:21 PM
and plus, seeing a 240sx is still nice, but a skyline is something else

openwheel
06-30-2003, 07:30 PM
You can get special consideration from the Government to have "Grey Market" cars in the country, If the Skyline had a dealer plate on the vehicle, then maybe, just maybe the vehicle was here for testing. I do remember reading that with the new success with Nissan, the Skyline was on the maybe list for North America. It is very likely that the vehicle he saw was in fact a Skyline

Jim .E.
06-30-2003, 07:33 PM
i can bet you $100 you saw a S14 with a RB26 dropped in the engine bay, i've seen enough of the Sylivias (S14) in car shows with Rb26 engines dropped into them, that is the only possible way you can have a Skyline here...and im telling you the lights and the badging fooled you, that dealer can not bring a Skyline here, the weight on those things is too much and they never pass the emissions over here thas why they are illegal!

betmen
06-30-2003, 07:35 PM
why would yo test an old car in a country where they dont alow alot of fast cars?

no sence, and they were thiking of bringing the skyline her, but the european version which is much weaker then the japanese version

DriveItSideways
06-30-2003, 07:38 PM
ok u guys arent listening, i know it can be mistaken for a 240 but the car pulled up to the stop light, stopped for a few mins making a right turn (there was lots of traffic) and i stood there looking at this car, ( i was chilling outside my shop having a smoke) i know what 240's look like and ive seen what the look like when converted to skyline, but u could tell that it wasnt a "wannabe" the body lines were different, betmen im sure u a skyline freak but dont think ur the only one that knows about those cars

betmen
06-30-2003, 07:41 PM
ok, go tehre again and see if you can spot it, if you get mea pic of you beside the car, or just the cars pic and proof that its in GTA, ill give you 50$, and go and see the car
cuz im really sceptcal bout it, i mean it could happen(with little chance) but i duno, if there is one then its sick and ill go see it for sure

but rite now i dont think it was here

but im just sceptical, no offence man, not disin you or anything

DriveItSideways
06-30-2003, 07:45 PM
go and wait for it to pass by again?? bro its not very often u see a skyline...

betmen
06-30-2003, 07:51 PM
well in canada, its never you see a skyline
when i was in detroit i went to seenthis one, it was amazing
the guy came and me and him talked i sat in it, this was a while back,, thats is when i fell in love with the car, its amaizng fast and its siiiick

Soldo
06-30-2003, 07:53 PM
BOYS, heres an idea, if the apperent "SKYLINE" had dealer plates on it, then why not call all the dealers in the area and ask if they have any skylines for sale?!?!
I doubt it was dealer from sauga, or caledon allowing a test drive all the way to RH!!

KennyTheGreat
06-30-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
BOYS, heres an idea, if the apperent "SKYLINE" had dealer plates on it, then why not call all the dealers in the area and ask if they have any skylines for sale?!?!
I doubt it was dealer from sauga, or caledon allowing a test drive all the way to RH!!

well
He's at WORK in PICKERING...(haha sorry sold, I had to do the caps thing)

anyways

you know there are several Skylines in Van City and thers one in Alberta...

I guess it's making it's way here in Toronto? I wouldn't be surprised tho. Even the star said people in America would drive up here just to street race. ( What I'm thinking is people drive up here to put their car into the show)

Heres a site that does importing...Thers another company that is doing it but it's not coming to mind at the moment.

http://www.jns-imports.com/

djcontra
07-01-2003, 02:27 AM
Was it right or left hadn drive?
The R33 has been converted to left hand drive before, so I wouldn't doubt you perhaps saw one.

DriveItSideways
07-01-2003, 04:57 AM
im pretty sure it was left hand but im not 100% cuz his tints were pretty dark

Jon@Bimmersport
07-01-2003, 05:02 AM
wow sick, i hope it is a real one..that way i can get it on my dvd..did u see which dealer if it had a sticker or anything

betmen
07-01-2003, 05:36 AM
ill call the nissan dealer ship tommorow and ask, cuz if there is some i have to see, but i doubt it

DriveItSideways
07-01-2003, 05:24 PM
no stickers on it, just a dealer plate

E302NV
07-01-2003, 06:43 PM
The fact of them matter is that it could have been a skyline.

There are alot of rich people in canada and there are alot of ways to get around laws.

There are alot of things that are not legal in Canada but they still make it here.

Another thing to consider is that Dark Nights is this weekend the car could have been trailered over from the U.S.A and he is going to just put it in the show.

Maybe he knows someone that owns a dealership that gave him a dealer plate to go for a ride.

Just and idea

Take it easy Guys

Geoff

DriveItSideways
07-01-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by E302NV
The fact of them matter is that it could have been a skyline.

There are alot of rich people in canada and there are alot of ways to get around laws.

There are alot of things that are not legal in Canada but they still make it here.

Another thing to consider is that Dark Nights is this weekend the car could have been trailered over from the U.S.A and he is going to just put it in the show.

Maybe he knows someone that owns a dealership that gave him a dealer plate to go for a ride.

Just and idea

Take it easy Guys

Geoff

i thought about that aswell but the car was stock, no rims nothing, but maybe u can still contend in a car show with a stock skyline...

Jon@Bimmersport
07-01-2003, 11:36 PM
betman...IF the dealer was somehow testing old skylines..why would they tell anyone? i mean thats like BMW going on their site and saying "on june 10th we will release one E60 M5 for testing by us, please go follow it, and interupt with the testing"

Rob M5
07-02-2003, 11:37 AM
The R33 is legal in Canada. The R34 is not. The US can import the R34. You cannot buy or order these cars from the dealership, you have to import it from Japan or China etc...

betmen
07-02-2003, 02:36 PM
hey i called this dealer shgip, he told me there is no skylines here in the GTA, and i asked if they were testing anything, and he asked me why i ask, and then i told him, and he went quiet for like 10 sec, then he is like "no, there is no skylines here,they are illegal and there is no need for them, they are old and we only have new cars", i duno, the pause was long
hmmmmm
might be, but i still would like to see it.......so if you see it again tell me, cuz i reaaaaaaaaaly wana see it again

thanks, and carry a camera wiht you now
hehehe

nzer
07-02-2003, 09:50 PM
those cars are hard to make LHD. Some dude here in NZ tried to convert them and sell them in the US. A lot of the turbo setup gets in the way.

and i have to say it again skylines aren't that great..

Autotechnica
07-04-2003, 01:38 PM
Hey Mike, what colour was it? I saw one about 2 years ago also with dealer plates parked at a Nissan dealer. At the time I didn't know anything about Japanese cars, and I guess I still don't :D But my friend owned a 300Z twin turbo so he knows tones about Nissans. He was sticking his head under the car and feeling for stuff, afterwards stands up and says "yup, it's a real skyline" The one we saw was white.

Bry

DriveItSideways
07-04-2003, 03:44 PM
it was silver