PDA

View Full Version : A Sneak Peak of my project car....


djcontra
06-28-2003, 04:43 PM
*mw*
I can't wait to install it all....please...SOMEBODY buy my other car asap!! I wanna be ready for at least bimmercruise :(

-All original rieger abs plastic infinity I kit
-6000k HID ellipsoids
-Vortech V-9 supercharger
-Audi Aftercooler
-50hp stickers (and more off camera) :D

...enjoy...

djcontra
06-28-2003, 04:45 PM
Side shot....

(more to come once the other car sells!) *th-up*

Slowered318
06-28-2003, 04:47 PM
Mmmmmm... Turbo *drool*

gotta have 'er done for bimmer cruize!

Jon@Bimmersport
06-28-2003, 04:48 PM
looks good man...

ill buy your E36..for $5 :D

Slowered318
06-28-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by E46_lover
looks good man...

ill buy your E36..for $5 :D

I think you just bought yourself a smack in the face *smoke*

LOL

djcontra
06-28-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by E46_lover

ill buy your E36..for $5

got change for a million? :D

Jon@Bimmersport
06-28-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by djcontra
got change for a million? :D

ya i got some pennies lying around haha :D

hey, how big is that aftercooler? how many PSI u gonna be running? and how much did u pick it up for? do you think it will be enough to keep it cool? cuz im wondering about my FI project...if i would need jus one like that or something from like AA

djcontra
06-28-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by E46_lover
ya i got some pennies lying around haha :D

hey, how big is that aftercooler? how many PSI u gonna be running? and how much did u pick it up for? do you think it will be enough to keep it cool? cuz im wondering about my FI project...if i would need jus one like that or something from like AA

I'm not sure how big the aftercooler it, I've never measured it.
I'm going to probably push my car a bit and run 9psi, but MAYBE 11psi at most after some more work on the engine and after a lengthy break-in period. The aftercooler should keep the air nice and cold, but with water/alcohol injection, it'll cool everything down even more!

Kurt Schneller
06-28-2003, 06:09 PM
You are a evil man for teasing us like this DJCuntra, EVIL!

1BADBMR
06-28-2003, 06:16 PM
Damn... your ride is gonna look sick when you put everything on:eek:
Urethane is the best way to go*th-up* It is very durable
By the way where did you pick up those projectors?

T-spec
06-28-2003, 07:01 PM
Oh man! looks sweet, I know how you must feel having all those mint parts staring you in the face every day and not being able to sport them on your ride.

Hope your project comes to gether soon!looks good so far*th-up*

windsor318is
06-28-2003, 07:08 PM
i really like the side view dj contra:D , that may be the lowest body kit ive ever seen:rolleyes:

P.S. how do you not loose your mind having all those parts lieing around and not on your car?

some please by his other e36 for god sakes!!

djcontra
06-28-2003, 07:12 PM
Couple pics of the wing sitting on the car.
It'll look much nicer when the back bumper is on...it looks a bit goofy without :D
The spoiler came with all the hardware in a baggy attached to it (the same goes for all the other parts too, and each has it's own instruction manual). It also has a wire attached to the spoiler on the other side...I'm guessing this is for anti-theft purposes which is good because to replace the spoiler alone is $800+

djcontra
06-28-2003, 07:13 PM
I bought my projector headlights off of ebay and modded the HIDs into them myself.
oh yeah...somebody PLEASE buy my other car :)

1BADBMW
06-28-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by djcontra
I bought my projector headlights off of ebay and modded the HIDs into them myself.
oh yeah...somebody PLEASE buy my other car :)

what's your other car?! is it the 4x4 in the pic, i need a winter beater?!!! info??

djcontra
06-28-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by 1BADBMW
what's your other car?! is it the 4x4 in the pic, i need a winter beater?!!! info??

The 4x4 is also for sale if anyone wants it. It's my father's and he's been trying to get rid of it for quite some time so he's open to any offers. Give him a call at 416-717-1515, ask for Jerry.

nzer
06-28-2003, 09:33 PM
So what car is getting all these rad parts? Not the 325 thats for sale?

Sickbimmer
06-28-2003, 09:33 PM
What type of supercharger is that?

330DTM
06-29-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Slowered318
Mmmmmm... Turbo *drool*

gotta have 'er done for bimmer cruize!

LOL, hehe I think you mean Supercharger. The compressors on Superchargers look similar to the compressors on turbochargers so maybe that's why you thought it looks like a turbo :D


DJCONTRA:
V9 blower? Is that larger than the V1 blower or something? What's the difference.

330DTM
06-29-2003, 12:40 AM
DJCONTRA:
V9 blower? Is that larger than the V1 blower or something? What's the difference. [/B]

Ahh Hold ON, i did my homework. Some differences I notice between your V9 to the V1/V2's is air inlets are smaller on your V9, the Max flow CFM is less on yours, but you have higher figures for the Impeller speed. What's the benefits to that?

AndreNY
06-29-2003, 12:57 AM
ok wow i was just about to say, that is gonna be one hott A44 E36 untill i saw that wing, its just hidious, i do love the riger stuf and the turbo, hmmmmm how can you go wrong with that

bmwm5lover
06-29-2003, 02:12 AM
You better take me for a spin, once this thing is all done!

djcontra
06-29-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by 328DTM
Ahh Hold ON, i did my homework. Some differences I notice between your V9 to the V1/V2's is air inlets are smaller on your V9, the Max flow CFM is less on yours, but you have higher figures for the Impeller speed. What's the benefits to that?

What I was told by the previous owner is that this model of supercharger performs just like all the others but takes less time to spool up and produce boost.

Originally posted by AndreNY
ok wow i was just about to say, that is gonna be one hott A44 E36 untill i saw that wing, its just hidious, i do love the riger stuf and the turbo, hmmmmm how can you go wrong with that

I know everyone hates the wing, and that's one of the reasons I bought it. I absolutely LOVE the wing, always have, it reminds me of the EVO spoilers on racing bmw's. I'm sure some of your opinons will change once it's all painted and the full kit is on...

http://www.autotuning.cz/tuningcar/bmw_e36_infII/pictures/e36infII_005.jpg *mw*

SpoolinS6
06-29-2003, 01:21 PM
wat colour are u going to paint the car when your finished??

330DTM
06-29-2003, 04:49 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by djcontra
[B]What I was told by the previous owner is that this model of supercharger performs just like all the others but takes less time to spool up and produce boost.
[\QUOTE]


Cool! I see how it works now *th-up*

AndreNY
06-29-2003, 08:01 PM
I know everyone hates the wing, and that's one of the reasons I bought it. I absolutely LOVE the wing, always have, it reminds me of the EVO spoilers on racing bmw's. I'm sure some of your opinons will change once it's all painted and the full kit is on...

http://www.autotuning.cz/tuningcar/bmw_e36_infII/pictures/e36infII_005.jpg *mw* [/B][/QUOTE]

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM im already starting to like wing*th-up*

SickFinga
06-29-2003, 11:24 PM
please, no spoiler

Rolled_Out
06-30-2003, 01:49 AM
Thats some awesome shit man... i can't wait to see the beast..
what color are you planning on painting the car?

Jon@Bimmersport
06-30-2003, 01:52 AM
if i recall hes keeping arctic silver (bastard)

qimis
06-30-2003, 04:48 AM
i think breyton's wing looks better imo

djcontra
06-30-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by E46_lover
if i recall hes keeping arctic silver (bastard)

Yup! I'm probably keeping the stock colour (mainly because of cost), but if I do change it, it'll be painted the same grey as gladdo's car but with maybe a bit more metallic fleck in the paint.


...oh, and the wing stays...nobody can convince me otherwise :D

1BADBMR
06-30-2003, 01:43 PM
Hey Djconta, after you install the turbo how much boost will you be running @? Also will you have to change anything in the engine (internally) to make your car run smooth ? ie: valves? push rods? pistons?
The reason I ask, because adding a turbo will add more power... do you need to reinforce the motor to take that kinda power?

djcontra
06-30-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by 1BADBMR
Hey Djconta, after you install the turbo how much boost will you be running @? Also will you have to change anything in the engine (internally) to make your car run smooth ? ie: valves? push rods? pistons?
The reason I ask, because adding a turbo will add more power... do you need to reinforce the motor to take that kinda power?

It's actually a supercharger (looks like a turbo but bigger). I'll probably be running anywhere from 6psi to 9psi to start, and my goal is to run 11psi (safely). I'm not doing any engine internal stuff except maybe injectors, but if I need it, I'll change things, but until there's a problem I don't see the need to. When you install kits like active-autowerkes kit or dinan's kind, you don't need to change any internals, so I figure I shouldn't need to either.
For turbo applications though, it all depends on how much boost you want to run. I think anything over 11psi you should at least change the headgasket to a thicker one or reinforce something.

bmwm5lover
06-30-2003, 06:13 PM
I absolutely LOVE thats spoiler, and the way it sits!

DriveItSideways
07-01-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by bmwm5lover
I absolutely LOVE thats spoiler, and the way it sits!

i agree, contra ur car is gonna be soooooo nice! if u throw a s/c on a 318 do u have to change internals?

djcontra
07-02-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Blackedout_E36
if u throw a s/c on a 318 do u have to change internals?

I'm not sure, but I don't think so. Downing Atlanta sells a kit and doesn't mention the need to change the internals of the engine. I think this goes for most supercharger kits for bmws; they're much safer and cheaper to run than turbo setups.
On my 325, if I change anything, it'll be the headgasket, and injectors.