PDA

View Full Version : me vs cops- part II

Mikester
06-25-2003, 05:24 AM
well we decided to go drinking on the beach but had no alcohol
LCBO is closing in 5 mins and im 2 intersections away. what do you do? go fast
anyways i went about 120km/hr on finch (but i was driving carefully, not wrecklessly) and i was the only car on the road.. i see a cop popping out of nowhere going at about 150 behind me with the cherries on, so i just kept on going cause i guess i was lost and didnt know what to do... anyways, i reached an intersection and just turned right, and since there were like 10 cars at the intersection the police couldnt identify my car because it was dark, so they started braking for a second, and then kept on going straight...
im not a bad driver, but people should be allowed to go fast, especially when there are no people and cars around..

T-spec
06-25-2003, 05:31 AM
So true! as long as your carefull it should be alright but we all know thats never gonna happen, Oh well.

crusher
06-25-2003, 02:57 PM
erm 120 in finch is insane. but i agree with letting us go fast on the highway speed limit on the highway is insane too they should put that around 160/140 for express and 120/100 on collectors :)

Mikester
06-25-2003, 03:12 PM
left lane on collector 150, rest 100

express 200

Polish
06-25-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Mikester

express 200

dunno mike, i agree with the limits kinda, i speed anyway but think of it this way
this is a bmw forum, most of us, well everyone except tripod&terry:D (jks) drive good, we like highspeeds and excel at them...but as for 90% of the population in this world, they cant drive worth shit, dont look blind spots, turn to exits last second, brake for no reason, the errors are endless..if they raise the limit to say like 140, then that means we will be going 160-180 with no worries seeing how its 20-40 over and to us thats dick cause half of us already got caught doing those speeds.. so now consider us booking it at 180, on all 2 lanes, and the slow lane is going 140, and some **** is on the onramp going 60 to 80 in his focus with his blinker and by the time he realizes whats going on, hes either jumping into the slow lane, or slowing down waiting for an opening, just tooo many stupid drivers out for them to raise the limits, its not about our cars how in 2003 most can hit over 140 easily, but its about drivers who dont know what they're doing...thats just my 2cents on how they will never raise the limit unless they put in new rules and extend the on ramp 4th lane or begin teaching everyone on G3:highway safety or something like that

SeRb
06-25-2003, 06:04 PM
but you also gotta take into account that some roads werent made
for high-speeds so they put limits on there cuz if u go too fast ur cars gonna lose control

Polish
06-25-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by SeRb
but you also gotta take into account that some roads werent made
for high-speeds so they put limits on there cuz if u go too fast ur cars gonna lose control

yeah exactly, just another reason why raising the limit would be a terrible idea although its needed, cause 45min to get to toronto is too long for me:P :D

Mikester
06-25-2003, 11:42 PM
i dont know, i could and did over 200 on all major highways..
actually its easier for me going fast than slow..

but i have to agree with you sith, some drivers cant even concentrate and have good reaction when driving at 30km/hr...
if the world was full of young drivers (and not crazy like the ginos in woodbridge :) ), they could go twice faster than usual and still there would be less accidents than at present

///MsAniTy
06-25-2003, 11:43 PM
hey wuts the max u taken yr car?

betmen
06-25-2003, 11:46 PM
200 :D......cant go more its a minivan

skillton
06-26-2003, 12:41 AM
i took my car to 210, but my 5th is pretty short so i was @ 6100rpm's

slemmer
06-26-2003, 03:18 AM
No matter what the posted limits are we all tend to naturally go 20 km/h over. Don't know why, but it just happens. Even though you were driving (safely) it's always the odd driver that pops out of a driveway somewhere that would force you to take evasive action which could lead to an accident elsewhere.

sonic07
06-26-2003, 04:02 AM
like my old neighbour said drive faster is safer absolutely NOT in north america. he is 110% pure german. he said german mentallity. the autoban (one of hitler great inventions) without speed limit has alot less accident than our 401. he told me every year when he goes back to germany he rent a bmw doing average speed 180km on the autoban. this guy is 65 years old. and when there is an accident everybody would slow down to 120km/hr. everybody drive properly there like drive on the right and pass on left. all i can say is WOW ... imagine having that here on 401 with some the idiot drivers ... we'll have tons of accident ...

sonic07
06-26-2003, 04:26 AM

express 200

yeah ... that is good.

all hi-way left lane should have no speed limit. so everybody would drive safely on the right lane/middle lanes. blink hi beam to go faster if you're on the left lane and cought up with another vehicle infront of you.

imagine driving a chevy sprint (3 cyl. car) .... lol ....

Mikester
06-26-2003, 05:05 AM
ive taken mine to 230 a couple times..
if a highway is empty and its safe i usually average 160-170km/hr

on july 25th im going to holland and taking a train to germany just so i can drive fast on the autobahn, probably with a bike
for me, going fast is like chocolate to women

here people (like my mom) drive slow and "carefully" but it takes them half a minute to think how to make a turn..
what pisses me off is drivers talking on cell phones and concentrating on conversation than on the road.. me, i can drive my 5 speed, smoke a cigarette, talk on the phone and still drive normally because im aware of the environment and keep the eyes on the road

slemmer
06-26-2003, 08:20 AM
Does the autobahn have as many lanes as the 401? I've driven the 101, 10, and 15 and they look like it can handle the faster speeds, less the million cars per day that travel it!

I've taken my e46 up to 205 up the 404 in the early hours of a weekend and it scared the daylights out of me, maninly because I don't normally travel at that speed. But I tell ya, no vibration, no wheel shaking, the car just tracked straight. Gotta love these machines and the engineering behind it!

dropped_E30
06-26-2003, 03:26 PM
fastest i ever gone was 215 km/h on HWY 11 on the way to cottage country. there was a bit of vibration though...

sonic07
06-26-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by slemmer
Does the autobahn have as many lanes as the 401?

you don't need to have 12 lanes when traffic is moving smoothly at 180km/hr.

north american mentallity create more and bigger lanes and drive slower. what we need it here like 50 lanes hi way so everybody can move smoothly, slowly, and safely side by side ....lol ... untill some idiot start to swerve then we need 100 lanes wide .....

i wonder if we would have one lane hi way or street one direction fit only one car and still would have accident ....

dropped_E30
06-26-2003, 04:06 PM
lol that would be so funny to see a single-file highway :D

Mikester
06-26-2003, 04:21 PM
Germany's autobahn is safer than the 401 cause they have more car enthuasists, who know what they're driving, how they're driving, and at the same time are aware of the environment. while here, most people buy any car which will get them from point A to point B, therefore they dont care about driving, just arriving.
plus they have a lot of nice cars, and people try to take care of them as much as they can and drive even better for that reason

sonic07
06-26-2003, 04:28 PM
while here, most people buy any car which will get them from point A to point B, therefore they dont care about driving, just arriving.

that's so true ..... lol and they don't really care how they arrive too weather dead or alive ....

Mikester
06-26-2003, 09:40 PM
its like: ready or not, here i come

slemmer
06-26-2003, 09:50 PM
There should be another designation (tax grab) to certify you for the highway speeds. Anyone that can't handle the speed and handling should be relagated to the city streets.

Mikester
06-26-2003, 10:26 PM
There should be another designation (tax grab) to certify you for the highway speeds. Anyone that can't handle the speed and handling should be relagated to the city streets.
agreed.

sonic07
06-27-2003, 03:18 AM

that sounds excellent idea. imagine they'll have the test at mosport or cayuga ..... wow .. every member of max will be there.

djcontra
06-27-2003, 03:26 PM
Dude, you're lucky...just plain lucky you didn't get caught. The fine would have been eyepopping, I can just imagine.

Take it easy on the public roads. Going that fast just to buy a $12 bottle of booze isn't worth it.

Aside from that, way to go! Not too many people I know successfully outrun the police. I've never done it myself, but I've duped them when they've followed me before by hiding my car, and by taking small side streets unexpectedly to catch them off guard :)

Mikester
06-27-2003, 04:28 PM
i got lucky twice... this time and some other time i was going 230 on the highway
i didnt wanna run, i just was confused so i didnt stop lol
well im glad i did, otherwise i'd be ****ed :)