PDA

View Full Version : more modifications!

\/\/eapon
06-25-2003, 02:21 AM
ok for my 2001 e46 330Ci, what are modifications i can do instead of exaughst, cold air intake, ecu chip, and throttle body. i have all these already! what else is there? they dont even make a supercharger for my car......

(i just bought this car today! *th-up* i will post pics soon its very nice!)

Jon@Bimmersport
06-25-2003, 02:26 AM
EDIT: i meant ESS not ECIS..

\/\/eapon
06-25-2003, 02:31 AM
and what is the site to this ECIS .....

Jon@Bimmersport
06-25-2003, 02:39 AM
AA: http://www.activeautowerke.com/

ESS: http://www.esstuning.com/

both make S/C kits for 330ci

djcontra
06-27-2003, 03:08 PM
camshafts, pulleys, lightweight flywheel+clutch+short shifter combo, differential, clutch stop (easy DIY mod), just to name a few...

then there is always driving school. I think I'm going to enroll in the September classes for BMW's performance driving school. It's around $450 I think.

\/\/eapon
06-27-2003, 08:16 PM
where would i get cam shafts and pulleys?

Bigbore
06-30-2003, 12:59 AM
im not sure that you would be better off using a lightweight flywheel.

my reason is this... Your car has Hp at a reasonably low RPM, and Tq peak at low RPM... that means you dont need to rev the car up to get power... A lightened flywheel is not good for your application, since you dont need to get those revs up to lets say 7-9K.

also your going to diminish flywheel inertia that keeps it spinning, by lightening it you are making less inertia but higher revolutions perminute, and the wieght loss of the flywheel isnt going to allow you to rev fast enough to gain at your powerband.

Lightend flywheel makes your car feel much different but isn`t nessessarily going to give you real hp, if your going to lighten things go for pistons, rods, valves, trannsimissons etc... not flywheels.

(unless you have a honda that needs to rev high):p

Jon@Bimmersport
06-30-2003, 03:13 AM
dont waste $$$ on internals..just get the damn blower and knock urself out

Bigbore
07-02-2003, 02:10 AM
lol yeah true, nothing like running boost, unles you only have a couple hundred to spend then grab a cam.

Sylak
07-02-2003, 06:41 PM
no internal but boost... if you put too much boost you'll need Forged and reinforced internal and a lower compression...

Frank de Jonge
07-09-2003, 09:47 AM
There is a supercharger for your car. G-Power makes it for all six cilinders

cheffy
07-21-2003, 04:02 AM
ASA also makes it for your car
Here's a post discussing why it is better than the others:
http://www.renn-sport.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1695

u can get one from www.renn-sport.net

TiemenT
07-21-2003, 10:11 AM
how much is it ?

greekthang
07-21-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Bigbore
im not sure that you would be better off using a lightweight flywheel.

my reason is this... Your car has Hp at a reasonably low RPM, and Tq peak at low RPM... that means you dont need to rev the car up to get power... A lightened flywheel is not good for your application, since you dont need to get those revs up to lets say 7-9K.

also your going to diminish flywheel inertia that keeps it spinning, by lightening it you are making less inertia but higher revolutions perminute, and the wieght loss of the flywheel isnt going to allow you to rev fast enough to gain at your powerband.

Lightend flywheel makes your car feel much different but isn`t nessessarily going to give you real hp, if your going to lighten things go for pistons, rods, valves, trannsimissons etc... not flywheels.

(unless you have a honda that needs to rev high):p

What the hell are you taking about buddy. Do you really know what a flywheel does. By lighting the flywheel you are reduced weight meaning. A stock M flywheel weighs about 32lbs. By getting a lighter one say around 12 lbs you are reducing the rotation force needed to spin it causing better acceleration. It dosenít give you hp. It allows you to accelerate quicker but the downside is when shifting the the rpm drop very quickly so I think you would benefit from a short shifter as well. Just my .02

cheffy
07-22-2003, 12:53 AM
hmm... i've been wondering about that. Since the flywheel is now a lot lighter, it should decrease the to the wheel HP loss.

However, i read an article on european car ( the project M3 ) when they changed to a lighter flywheel, they lost hp / torque down low and gained a lot more hp back near redline. So does that mean I basically shifted my hp / torque to high end ?

Furious
07-22-2003, 01:12 AM
lightening a flywheel first of all does not add HP , it only frees up HP by lessening the amount of force needed to turn it.

stefan325i
07-22-2003, 04:51 PM
From the ees tuning site

After over 8 months with extensive research, design and testing, ESS is proud to announce the completion of the fourth system in the new E46 Gen II Vortech family.
The system features 6 larger Bosch injectors and a fully re-programmed engine management system for exceptional power gains, with civilized everyday driveability. The system maintains all OBD-II functions. It is backed by a comprehensive 2 year, unlimited mileage warranty and a supplemental powertrain warranty is also available which covers factory drivetrain components potentially affected by the supercharger installation for the remaining term of the vehicle manufacturer's new car warranty, up to 4 years or 50,000 miles. The system installs in 8-10 hours using normal hand tools and no irreversible modifications to the car is necessary.

335HP DIN (7PSI)
Vortech V2SQ Supercharger unit.
One belt driven w/self tension system.
CNC Machined, hard anodized brackets.
CNC Pulleys.
Long life serpentine drive belt.
6 Larger Bosch injectors.
Recalibrated MAF (airflow sensor).
True OBDII, optimized performance ECU supercharger software with removed top speed governor, improved throttle response programming and 6800RPM limit.
All powder-coated mandrel bent tubing w/ K&N cold air intake located inside front bumper.
Bosch bypass-valve system.
Oil pressure and return system.
Oil breather assembly.
2yr./unlimited mileage warranty.
FedEx 24H express box for sending in ECU to our reprogramming center (48H turnover).
16 page, 37 step detailed and illustrated (54 photos) installation manual.
100% maintenance free operation.

Price : USD 5995.00

Part number: 108-72x
Boost pressure: 7 PSI
Horsepower: 335 DIN (Stock 225/231)
Torque: 415 NM (Stock 300)
0 - 60: Man : 5,0 sec, Aut : 5,6 sec
Installation time : 7-9 hours

I am a dealer for this product send me a line

info@gstuning.net

EricE330ci
07-24-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by \/\/eapon
ok for my 2001 e46 330Ci, what are modifications i can do instead of exaughst, cold air intake, ecu chip, and throttle body. i have all these already! what else is there? they dont even make a supercharger for my car......

(i just bought this car today! *th-up* i will post pics soon its very nice!)

Sounds like a Dinan setup?????

Only ecu for the 330 that I know of....