PDA

View Full Version : attn: car electrical geniuses

nzer
06-23-2003, 03:30 AM
Hi,

In my 318 the blower motor is not working correctly. Now to make a long story short, I have worked out there is an earth fault on fuse 20 (very small resistance between positive and the car body). I think this fuse is the fuse for the blower motor as well as the aux radiator fan. The fuse contact in the relay box has melted as well.

I've traced the green wire from the relay box all the way back to the AC/recirculate switch and blower rheostat and the earth fault is still there when the blower and the switches are all disconnected.

So I replaced the green wire (which was a bitch and now the car is in so many bits in the garage) but the earth fault still came back intermittantly.

I now think the aux fan circuit has a problem but the bentleys manual doesn't have very accurate wiring diagrams for this area. Would any one have any diagrams or any ideas where the short circuit could be occuring?

Thanks heaps.

Andrew

nzer
06-23-2003, 11:17 PM
bump, anyone?

GusRacer
06-25-2003, 12:18 PM
i think you might find that your frobobulation pump is faulty, as my one failed in my e30 325is, it causes the on board computer to think that the green wire is actually the red one...which controls the earthing
hope this helps

nzer
06-25-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by GusRacer
i think you might find that your frobobulation pump is faulty, as my one failed in my e30 325is, it causes the on board computer to think that the green wire is actually the red one...which controls the earthing
hope this helps

hahahah knob **** off i know what frobobulation is lol