PDA

View Full Version : Attention RANDY, BIMMERSPORT, MAVRIK OR ANY OTHER SMART FIX IT GUYS!

Soldo
06-21-2003, 04:57 AM
Hey guys,
Had quite a fun day today, went up to shanonville with 328dtm and some other bad boys, the ride p there was fun, got to the track, started doing some laps after about 4-5 laps my alternator light goes on.............hmmmmmmm, so i pull over!
it has a funny fast clicking/ticking, hmmmmmmmmmm...............pop the hood sure enough theres no belt on the alternator, or water pump or power steering (but that last one just made me feel like a real racer!)the belt was chewed to shit, because one of the pullies busted in half so the belt fell off! So ANYWAYS........gave my lil friends at CAA a call (had the plus service) and recieved 200km of free towing on a FLATBED, unfortunately the trip was 242km's i had to pay 100 bucks which wasn't too bad, but still kinda sucked, anyhow, my question:

Can i get any performance pully upgrades (thinair) or should i just get a new one from the dealer or a used one?!?!
Help me out here please!

Cheers!
*wave*
Your friendly neighborhood.................DUMBASS

EMPOWERD
06-21-2003, 08:25 AM
just get a $30 belt from the dealership for now so you can drive the car. Do the more expensive pulley upgrade later if you want (not that great really).

Slowered318
06-21-2003, 08:37 AM
steal a pully off your moms washing machine to get you by untill you can afford the underdrive pullys

Soldo
06-21-2003, 06:27 PM
well see one of the pullie, not positive which one exactly has been cracked in half, so putting on another belt would only make it fall off again!

EMPOWERD
06-21-2003, 06:49 PM
ah, sorry... missed that on your original post.

I'd just go the chuck's and buy another used stock one.

Soldo
06-21-2003, 07:42 PM
thanks randy, so i shouldn't go for the performance pullies?!