PDA

View Full Version : Good place to do alinment?


Autotechnica
06-20-2003, 06:22 PM
I was told Active Green and Ross does it for $40, but that's a little hard to believe. Where is a good place to do it for a resonable price, around $80.

I've taken the car to Lee's to do an alinment but they gave me some bullshit that my rear wheel got seized and they charged me $170! I know for a fact that's way too much for an alinment, got ripped off.

I was trying to test my tires sidewalls and get my car to oversteer, so after I did some donuts and drifts (never again) my steering wheel is tilted slightly to the left when I go straight. And my car seems to be pulling left and right quite a bit, even more so than before due to the wider wheels. I haven't done an alinment since I lowered the car, got new 17" wheels and changed my control arms so I think I should get one done. shocks and struts are still good, RSM are still good, ball joints and tie rods are brand new, control arm bushing on the passenger side is starting to wear out, but still good, so I would only assume these problems I've been having would be fixed with an alinment.

Thanks guys,

Bry

-=[[f|L@pJ@cK=]
06-20-2003, 06:44 PM
i've gotten one done at "Active Green And Ross"...
their prices are lower then other places but they do a good job *th-up* .

they were very careful with my car, maybe because one of them
offered to buy it from me :D , but none the less, they know what
they are doing...

KIRASIR
06-20-2003, 07:35 PM
There is a place called Woodbridge Allignment(I think that's the name). It's just before Islington on HW 7(going west), on the north side. They know what they are doing.

SL

Originally posted by Autotechnica
I was told Active Green and Ross does it for $40, but that's a little hard to believe. Where is a good place to do it for a resonable price, around $80.

I've taken the car to Lee's to do an alinment but they gave me some bullshit that my rear wheel got seized and they charged me $170! I know for a fact that's way too much for an alinment, got ripped off.

I was trying to test my tires sidewalls and get my car to oversteer, so after I did some donuts and drifts (never again) my steering wheel is tilted slightly to the left when I go straight. And my car seems to be pulling left and right quite a bit, even more so than before due to the wider wheels. I haven't done an alinment since I lowered the car, got new 17" wheels and changed my control arms so I think I should get one done. shocks and struts are still good, RSM are still good, ball joints and tie rods are brand new, control arm bushing on the passenger side is starting to wear out, but still good, so I would only assume these problems I've been having would be fixed with an alinment.

Thanks guys,

Bry

MP328
06-20-2003, 08:47 PM
i got mine done at international automotive central or something. it's on Midway Blvd in mississauga just of dixie rd. recommended by randy

it was $80

Autotechnica
06-21-2003, 01:43 AM
Thanks for the replies guys.

-=[[f|L@pJ@cK=] and Serge, how much did they charge you?

Thanks,

Bry

KIRASIR
06-21-2003, 04:15 AM
It's about $40 bucks per axel plus tax I think. It seems to be a typical allignment price everywhere.

SL


Originally posted by Autotechnica
Thanks for the replies guys.

-=[[f|L@pJ@cK=] and Serge, how much did they charge you?

Thanks,

Bry

crusher
06-21-2003, 05:51 AM
hey bry.. i got my 323i aligned at wheels direct @ mccowan/sheppard back then, i think it's 25 or 40 bucks but I got it for free since i got my rims/tires changed there. Also, ask speedstars auto, i think they also do alignment there.

Jeff

Miguel
06-21-2003, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by MP328
i got mine done at international automotive central or something. it's on Midway Blvd in mississauga just of dixie rd. recommended by randy

it was $80

Place is called International Automotive Custom,
price = $79.99 + tax

they put the laser on it and align it... good work*th-up*
mine was 100% straight after.

-=[[f|L@pJ@cK=]
06-21-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Autotechnica
Thanks for the replies guys.

-=[[f|L@pJ@cK=] and Serge, how much did they charge you?

Thanks,

Bry

I dont remeber how much they charged, but it was relatively low.
I will try and find the bill and then let you know

Jon@Bimmersport
06-21-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Miguel
Place is called International Automotive Custom,
price = $79.99 + tax

they put the laser on it and align it... good work*th-up*
mine was 100% straight after.

ya my bro got his done there today

it was funny the guy didnt know how to turn the lights and hazards on and had trouble getting it into R (stock E30 tranny is messed when going into R - normal)

Autotechnica
06-21-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by crusher
hey bry.. i got my 323i aligned at wheels direct @ mccowan/sheppard back then, i think it's 25 or 40 bucks but I got it for free since i got my rims/tires changed there. Also, ask speedstars auto, i think they also do alignment there.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, so far the price you gave sounds the most attractive :) I'll check it out. My second choice would be Active Green and Ross.

Serge, that's $160 total? Isn't that a little pricey? Most places do charge an average of $80 don't they?

Bry

moregothanshow
06-21-2003, 11:39 PM
i just recently got an alignment at woodbridge alignment. the charge 35 for the rear i think and 55 for the front if i can remember correctly....either way it is soemthing like that... they have those in-ground bays there so lowered cars is no problem. hope that helps!

crusher
06-22-2003, 01:16 AM
Oppss hmm i checked my receipt and they just rotated my rims/tires.. It might be higher price than what I said if it was an alignment. But do check them out.. :)

Lates
Jeff

Autotechnica
06-22-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by crusher
Oppss hmm i checked my receipt and they just rotated my rims/tires.. It might be higher price than what I said if it was an alignment. But do check them out.. :)

Lates
Jeff

Haha, I can do that for free in my garage in about an hour :) Something to keep in mind, you should not rotate the wheels and change them from front to rear or vise vera. The camber on the front and rear wheels are very different, the rear has more negative camber therefore the front and rear tires wear differently.

Bry

Autotechnica
06-22-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by moregothanshow
i just recently got an alignment at woodbridge alignment. the charge 35 for the rear i think and 55 for the front if i can remember correctly....either way it is soemthing like that... they have those in-ground bays there so lowered cars is no problem. hope that helps!

Do most standard alinment shops have problems with lowered cars?

Bry

thinair
06-22-2003, 03:35 AM
I also go to Woodbridgee Alignment, they know what they're doing, and you can spec the parameters if you want, like more or less camber, toe, etc....

They do have the inground bay like morego stated, which is good, many places make you drive up ramps to the alignment machine.

My only complaints, the air ratchet the guy was using sprayed oil all over my rear right wheel, and he left some oil prints on my leather seat/door card/steering wheel (they came out). Make sure the mechanic is clean, or ask to drive your own car in.