PDA

View Full Version : Subframe Bushings...CAN IT BE DONE ?

Skimeister
06-19-2003, 07:04 PM
My dubframe bushing (2 on the rear end) are completely shot. It really affects the car, on the small bumps it feels like I'm driving a shopping cart. I got a quote from a few mechanics.. the bushings themselfs are $40 a piece, but the labour to replace them is a whoopiong $350++., I have a Bentley manual, and wondering is this a doable weekend project ?!?! I don;t have any special tools, just what you would find in your garage. Should I ? Could I ?

KIRASIR
06-19-2003, 07:43 PM
Pay the money.

Unless you have a torch, and at least a lift, don't even bother. Getting them out takes forever, pressing them back in without a special tool is next to impossible.

SL

Originally posted by Skimeister
My dubframe bushing (2 on the rear end) are completely shot. It really affects the car, on the small bumps it feels like I'm driving a shopping cart. I got a quote from a few mechanics.. the bushings themselfs are $40 a piece, but the labour to replace them is a whoopiong $350++., I have a Bentley manual, and wondering is this a doable weekend project ?!?! I don;t have any special tools, just what you would find in your garage. Should I ? Could I ?

Skimeister
06-19-2003, 08:07 PM
Thanks, that answers my question completely. I'll dish out the cash sometime next week.