PDA

View Full Version : whats up with DINAN

Beemz
06-19-2003, 03:31 PM
what can u guys tell me about Dinan. i am looking to get the stage 3. but i am very curious to now how it will sound on my E46 325. confused: does anyone have the stage 3, or even their exhaust with their chip. can anyone tell me how much louder it would be then stock???? *th-up*

moregothanshow
06-19-2003, 07:01 PM
i know that the intake sounds kinda different...he has the exact same car as u with dinan intake....i dont really know how to explain it...it's just different. dont know about the exhaust though....

MP328
06-19-2003, 08:52 PM
it's too damn expensive thats all i have to say about them!!!!

Jon@Bimmersport
06-19-2003, 09:28 PM
AA will sound a lot nicer

Hamann Kid
06-19-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Beemz
what can u guys tell me about Dinan. i am looking to get the stage 3. but i am very curious to now how it will sound on my E46 325. confused: does anyone have the stage 3, or even their exhaust with their chip. can anyone tell me how much louder it would be then stock???? *th-up*

They sound great, great performance gain,2, but yeah, too expensive.....................

http://www.e46toronto.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=general&Number=3958&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=2&vc=1

\/\/eapon
06-25-2003, 02:27 AM
lol wel...i have them all. the exaughst is not alot more louder just a little deeper, and yes the intake .....its a lot louder , you can hear this thing sucking in! but the chip doesnt make a sound diff really....i have the 330 all these may be a lil diff for you

notjoe
07-05-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Beemz

I'm @ stage 3 but i didnt do the exhaust yet. the CAI sounds waaay better than the stock one! Mind you i got the Carbon Fibre, which i hear they dont make anymore because of how expensive it is.

Im not sure how you get to stage 3 with just the exhaust though. This is how it worked for me.

Stage 1 - Dinan Chip Upgrade/Software
Stage 2 - High Flow Cold Air Intake + Stage 2 Software
Stage 3 - High Flow Throttle Body + Stage 3 Software

Quack
07-05-2003, 03:01 PM
I was planning to go Dinan all the way with my E39, but after checking the prices I'm going to stay away from Dinan as much as possible, you can buy other performance mods from other companies for half the price with just a couple of horsepower difference than Dinan.

notjoe
07-05-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Quack
I was planning to go Dinan all the way with my E39, but after checking the prices I'm going to stay away from Dinan as much as possible, you can buy other performance mods from other companies for half the price with just a couple of horsepower difference than Dinan.

Fair enough, but when you think about it and the fact that dinan is the only modifications which you could do to your car without voiding the warrenty, that has to say something about the quality/testing of their parts.

1BADBMR
07-05-2003, 07:29 PM
I was considering Dinan performance parts for my M3 too. But when I went to there site and looked @ the prices, I shit my pants:moon:
If I had the money....yes I would, But they are just too over priced. Great quality products thou*th-up*

notjoe
07-05-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by 1BADBMR
I was considering Dinan performance parts for my M3 too. But when I went to there site and looked @ the prices, I shit my pants:moon:
If I had the money....yes I would, But they are just too over priced. Great quality products thou*th-up*

If you have a warrenty to worry about then i would spend the couple of extra bucks otherwise just get something else.

The only reason i went with Dinan products was so that i could turn my car into a "Dinan 3", you know, its a status thing *th-up*