PDA

View Full Version : uuc

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
06-18-2003, 09:22 PM
is uuc any good ??
does anyone have any uuc products and like them??

330DTM
06-18-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by sUpeD Up BiMmEr
is uuc any good ??
does anyone have any uuc products and like them??

Any good in terms of what?

They make nice exhaust systems for BMW's and Audi's.
They also carry a nice range of products including flywheel/clutch upgarde, tranny mounts, pullies, BBK's, and some other products.

They are pretty much similar to Autoactivewerkes and Rouge Engineering

elraton16
06-18-2003, 09:42 PM
are they good for their money?

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
06-18-2003, 09:59 PM
yeah are they good for your money
if you had a like an m3 or something would you use their products or would you go the extra step too like acs or hamaan

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
06-18-2003, 10:00 PM
also 328 dtm what are dtm tips
is it like a crew that has them from dtmpower or are they a company ??

330DTM
06-18-2003, 10:17 PM
also 328 dtm what are dtm tips
is it like a crew that has them from dtmpower or are they a company ??

First of all I'd never buy Hammann or ACS products in terms of performance parts, I'd only buy apperance products from them at the most. UUC, Autoactivewerkes, Rouge Engineer are the shit.
I'd definitely use their products and many BMW owners from the USA use them too. ACS and Hamann are not a step up. Like seriously, of all the local trackers or auto-x'ers I'd most likely see parts coming from UUC, AA, RE, etc, rather than ACS and Hamann. I can't tell you if they're worth it for the money b/c I never bought any parts but I've talked to people and done my homework and definitely ACS and Hamann are not a step up from the companies I just listed in terms of performance parts.

DTM tips are just a style of the exhaust tips. The tips come out of the muffler and bend at a 45-70 degree (approx.) angle rather than straight tips that go straight out from the muffler

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
06-18-2003, 10:22 PM
thank you so much 328dtm its becasue i want to dump about 5 grand into my car but acs or hamaan i can only buy so littly for example a wing and front lip but if i were to go through uuc i can get a lot more items i want
so you would go with acs or hamaan for body add ons but interior and engine definetley not
how bout dinon for engine work i no they are reliable but so expensive ex carbon fiber cold air intake is almost 1000 installed i cant affford that so what companys would you suggest for engine mods i am only going to do intake intercooler exhaust and engine software for now.
thanks in advance

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
06-18-2003, 10:26 PM
you wouldent happen to have have the websites for UUC, Autoactivewerkes, Rouge Engineer and aa unless aa is auto autoactivewerkes

330DTM
06-18-2003, 10:32 PM
thank you so much 328dtm its becasue i want to dump about 5 grand into my car but acs or hamaan i can only buy so littly for example a wing and front lip but if i were to go through uuc i can get a lot more items i want
so you would go with acs or hamaan for body add ons but interior and engine definetley not
how bout dinon for engine work i no they are reliable but so expensive ex carbon fiber cold air intake is almost 1000 installed i cant affford that so what companys would you suggest for engine mods i am only going to do intake intercooler exhaust and engine software for now.
thanks in advance

Hey what's up again?
Well Dinan is known for being overpriced, but I believe its because their products are usually CARB legal and are warrantied with the BMW dealerships (someone verify with me on the this statement?).

I understand the Dinan CAI looks fancy with the carbon material on the tube. But if money is an issue and apperance isn't a big factor, you could try ECIS. Pretty decent for the money and perforamnce "gains" are similar to Dinan. Or you can even make your own homemade intake, just as long as you have a heatshield for it as well. There's also Gruppe M but they cost more than ECIS.

What's an intake intercooler?

330DTM
06-18-2003, 10:34 PM
you wouldent happen to have have the websites for UUC, Autoactivewerkes, Rouge Engineer and aa unless aa is auto autoactivewerkes

www.aatuning.com
www.uucmotorwerks.com
www.rogueengineering.com

I advise you to probably look around though. These three companies are not the only tunings companies avaiable for BMW; there's more out there but I just listed the well known ones.

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
06-18-2003, 10:37 PM
i know bout i really dont have time to look around i never study bmws until i got mine i was suprised by it i was looking into a svt lightning and i was all into the truck seen so i no everything bout trucks and working my way on beamers but i dont want to wait to get this stuff on jon has been delaying me enough lol but always changing my mind lol
any help is appreciated could i email u a list of what i am planning to do and you can put your imput on it
thanks

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
06-19-2003, 09:45 PM
does anyone know where they have a show room with aa re and uuc products
which products do you guys think are top of the line for beamers in general

330DTM
06-19-2003, 10:12 PM
does anyone know where they have a show room with aa re and uuc products
which products do you guys think are top of the line for beamers in general

Why don't you just check online on their website b/c it has everything. You're probably not going to find a showroom in Toronto who have them. If you want to see the AA showroom, drive down to Miami, Florida :D

I don't really think there's such a thing as "top of the line" parts for the BMW. Eveyone has their preferences and the many choices we're faced with makes our decision making tougher when deciding which product to get if they're very similar.

Jon@Bimmersport
06-19-2003, 10:16 PM
todd man..AA exhaust sounds sick..328dtm got some exhaust clips of it..you should hear it..OMG it sounds sick, on your engine it should sound even nicer, and esp with the intake...*mw*

Hamann body kit owns IMO..but ACS is more original..heres what your car COULD look like..*love* *mw*

Jon@Bimmersport
06-19-2003, 10:17 PM
:P

blacked out grill, and c/f hood looks SICK jus add eyelids

Jon@Bimmersport
06-19-2003, 10:18 PM
;)

schnazzy
06-20-2003, 07:28 AM
I have the UUC Ultimate Short Shifter EVO II with all the Delrin Carrier Bushings and the Cartridge Bearing Upgrade. Love it!

I also have:
RK Shadow shift knob and ebrake handle.
Twin Silencer Exhaust
Aluminum Pedal set with dead pedal
Transmission Mount Enforcer
Lightweight flywheel
Demon Eyes
Clutch stop

I will be getting:
Oil Center
Underdrive Pulleys

Every UUC part I have ever used is GREAT! The exhaust sounds killer!

EricE330ci
06-20-2003, 12:23 PM
i know bout i really dont have time to look around i never study bmws until i got mine i was suprised by it i was looking into a svt lightning and i was all into the truck seen so i no everything bout trucks and working my way on beamers but i dont want to wait to get this stuff on jon has been delaying me enough lol but always changing my mind lol
any help is appreciated could i email u a list of what i am planning to do and you can put your imput on it
thanks

Hey sUpeD Up BiMmEr

Post your mod wish list and and we'll pick out the good and the bad :idea:

There are a few good local shops but nothing much to see in stock. A good idea is to buy online from Canadian shops or else look for the great deals from the online shops in the US. You will get dinged by import taxes but sometimes it could still be much less than buying here.

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
06-20-2003, 08:53 PM
Performance Engine Software
Carbon fiber High Flow Cold Air Intake System
Full Exhaust
Strut bar front
Strut bar rear
Front lip
Roof spoiler
Short shifter kit
Dead foot rest
Pedal set
Shift knob
Ebrake

that is my list to do buy the end of the summer i dont want to max and match too many things like e brake shifter pedals i want all matching
i dont want a frankenstien want the best shit for my car so i was looking at acs until i heard they were all name no make
have fun boys i have about 5 gs to play with

Jon@Bimmersport
06-20-2003, 09:05 PM
5gs? dont blow that all on e brake handles n shit

dude get the body lot and rims! *th-up*

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
06-20-2003, 09:06 PM
my dad is offered to grab me rims if i wanted so thats y i am not concerned about those just yet i might as well roll on mine since there like 4 months old for te summer then in the winter when i store it put on new ones for next summer

Jon@Bimmersport
06-20-2003, 09:13 PM
tru tru..go on msn ill show u something

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
06-21-2003, 04:00 AM
i believe uuc carries all of those items listed above does anyone here anything bad about anything above in uuc