PDA

View Full Version : buying a new car....be careful


jeremy
06-17-2003, 08:02 PM
i just finnished reading this......YIKES !!

http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e21/forum.php?postid=3378984&page=1

Soldo
06-17-2003, 08:22 PM
wow, its long, but i stoped reading as soon as they said it was from a "THE COLLECTION" dealer!!
hahaha, with a neam like that, i guess all they do is sell LEMONS for a lviing!

nzer
06-17-2003, 09:03 PM
jesus i can't believe people would go to such lengths to sell a stolen car

only in america heh

moregothanshow
06-17-2003, 09:40 PM
thats some fuked up shit.....i would be going insane if that happened to me....

moregothanshow
06-17-2003, 09:41 PM
we have a collection in toronto too....i think they sell funnie cars too! hahahaha

Harry
06-17-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
wow, its long, but i stoped reading as soon as they said it was from a "THE COLLECTION" dealer!!
hahaha, with a neam like that, i guess all they do is sell LEMONS for a lviing!

keep reading, u shouldnt make assumptions.


I think i'd just go burn down the dudes house.. **** me, I feel so bad for that guy. He teels a good story though.

BMW_7
06-17-2003, 10:15 PM
Yeah, I read the whole thing. So did he sue him??

I went down to florida before. What a ****hole... Sure there are some rich people/houses... but damn, down south most people are pigs! Theyre unconsiderable assholes! I feel bad for that guy too, I would have walked away a long time ago!...

But it was so fishy anyway.. why didn'the check carfax? buying a car long distance is always risky. Whatever the case, it's always better to save up and get a newer/lower mileage model!! You CAN'T cheap out on a M3...

hoobasleek
06-17-2003, 11:08 PM
Yeah, this guy should make it into a short story... Nice writing... lol, probably just passionate about his situation...

chanh
06-18-2003, 12:31 AM
i read that story a week ago .

guess he shoulda listen to his girlfriend*no-no*

ROB89M3
06-18-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by hoobasleek
Yeah, this guy should make it into a short story... Nice writing... lol, probably just passionate about his situation...

E30 M3 owners are very very passionate about their cars.

crusher
06-18-2003, 01:06 AM
Holy sh*t man thats messed up.. its sad to see this kind of stuff happens specially to a guy who just want to have his dream come true :(

KennyTheGreat
06-18-2003, 01:25 AM
damn, just finished reading the whole thing...



man if I'm gunna buy a used car, I'm gunna look at it inside out and walk away even if theres the slightlest problem or something that would make me feel unsatisfied or something that sounds really fishy.



blah

i hope this guy gets his money back.



hey, isn't there a "The Collection Auto" here in T-dot???

bmwm5lover
06-18-2003, 01:28 AM
WOW! I read the whole story! Sad, but with all the flaws he shouldnt have bought it.

Soldo
06-18-2003, 04:06 AM
ya, there is a COLLECTION in t dot, and thats why it was funny reading that in the story, they do some dumb things to cars to, word of advice to ANYONE car shopping, don't go to the COLLECTION, unless your lookin to buy some lemons!

sonic07
06-18-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
ya, there is a COLLECTION in t dot, and thats why it was funny reading that in the story, they do some dumb things to cars to, word of advice to ANYONE car shopping, don't go to the COLLECTION, unless your lookin to buy some lemons!

which one ... are these two the same ..?

PrinceE30
06-18-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by sonic07
which one ... are these two the same ..?

These two guys look pretty shaddy...

(the car was never actually sold from this place. it was all a lie, in case you didn't read)

-Prince

phaust
06-18-2003, 04:43 PM
it's happened to me last years..

i bought my 325is 1992 in montreal, the guy told me that the car never been wrecked.. only thing to do is the valve cover seal to change.. well blablabla, test drove the car, it's all fine. buy the car, no time for inspection and i never trusted montreal for that (the guy pay the garage to lies and blablab)

bring back the car at home. i told the guy. i will put the car in inspection monday. if something is bad, you take the car back.. the stealer " no problem man! no problem"

after inspection : a lot of bad things. the odometer was not the true one ( 318 meter in a 325 with fasle kms..) so the reving was false too, engine was very bad.. in 6 months, it's cost me over 7000$ the car have been totaled out a year before, the real odo was 300k over, and the one in the car was 157k. talk with a lawyers and all. the guy close his "compagny" no more chance to get my money back. after the 7000$ the car was running fine. and it's get stolen like 2 days after it's was put on the road again.

*uzi* *uzi* *uzi* *uzi* *uzi* *shiner*

never found the car. so i bought a new one. but in all that story. i loss 8000$ in total.

if i find this guy. i kill him.

\/\/eapon
06-18-2003, 10:17 PM
well what was with the engine? why was it underpowered??

dtthiaga
06-20-2003, 02:11 PM
Itís sad but it happens.

I know someone who bought a 1991 Hyundai Scoupe in Hamilton. It had a new paint job, fairly low KM, lowered and nice after market wheels. Overall, it was a nice for the $1500 spent on it. The rims and Stereo were probably worth more than the car. :=)

When you take a look at the car, you notice itís the 94 body shape, not a 91. I think a slight redesign was done in 93. The car was registered as a 91, and had the dash from the 91, but the rest of the car was a 94.

The RCMP got involved (investigated the previous owner), but the car died shortly after that.

Miguel
06-20-2003, 07:38 PM
I can relate... my car was sold to me with "200, 000" kms...
In reality though.. it was closer to 300,000kms.

but hell... you get what you pay for. I have since put in just over $6000 and I still have things to fix.

djcontra
06-20-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by sonic07
which one ... are these two the same ..?

hehe the collection that you posted about is the same one I went to when looking to buy a new bimmer. They had what looked like nice cars, but they ALL had sooooooo many problems. A lot looked like they were rebuilt, or were messed around with by kids who installed lots of audio equipment, so all the wiring was chewed up :)

sonic07
06-21-2003, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by PrinceE30
These two guys look pretty shaddy...

(the car was never actually sold from this place. it was all a lie, in case you didn't read)

-Prince

ya you're right i did called them up about the 325i that's for sale right now on trader for 7500 bucks and i ask them if they would let it go for 7000 bucks and they say no can't do it then i said you mean to tell if i show you 7000 bucks cash you won't take it then he (rick) said to come down to take a look but now it's on different location ....

sonic07
06-21-2003, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by djcontra
hehe the collection that you posted about is the same one I went to when looking to buy a new bimmer. They had what looked like nice cars, but they ALL had sooooooo many problems. A lot looked like they were rebuilt, or were messed around with by kids who installed lots of audio equipment, so all the wiring was chewed up :)

DJ did you see the one on front show room a 95 325 dark blue with a ricer aluminum spoiller. i said to the sales guy there who the hell install this spoiller here it just ruin the whole car look .... i said to him what a waste .... dumb idiot ... and for that one they want 19900 bucks .... wow ...

jeremy
06-21-2003, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by Miguel
I can relate... my car was sold to me with "200, 000" kms...
In reality though.. it was closer to 300,000kms.

but hell... you get what you pay for. I have since put in just over $6000 and I still have things to fix.

couldnt you fuk the guy up for that > isnt it illegal to tamper with the odometer ?>

Nascar318is
06-23-2003, 09:16 PM
Yeah it's illigal....Odometer Fraud..I don't know about Ontario, but in Quebec everytime you buy a car they ask you how many clicks are on the odometer just for that purpose. Say I buy the car at 200,000km and tell the license bureau that I have 200,000km on it...then decide to sell it a year later and the next guy says well there's only 150,000km on it....then I'm s*#t out of luck....I don't don't know what the charges are but man I would get that guy Miguel...Just like Jeremy said...Fuk him up.....

sonic07
06-24-2003, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Nascar318is
Yeah it's illigal....Odometer Fraud..I don't know about Ontario, but in Quebec everytime you buy a car they ask you how many clicks are on the odometer just for that purpose. Say I buy the car at 200,000km and tell the license bureau that I have 200,000km on it...then decide to sell it a year later and the next guy says well there's only 150,000km on it....then I'm s*#t out of luck....I don't don't know what the charges are but man I would get that guy Miguel...Just like Jeremy said...Fuk him up.....

i found out from some small used car dealer that the car with odometer has been turn back are usually from one province to the next since the record only stays within the province. now adays there are other tricks to keep your odometer down from new since everything is digital.

slemmer
06-24-2003, 03:24 AM
What tricks would that be? - Just curious.

slemmer
06-24-2003, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by ROB89M3
E30 M3 owners are very very passionate about their cars.

He must had a lot of time to reflect afer the fact. Who says love is blind?