PDA

View Full Version : Should I put my rims on now?

Razkal
06-17-2003, 01:21 PM
Hey all

Here is dilemna that I am facing... I have new rims sitting in my basement and I am dying to put them on. The problem is:

1. that I live in a new area covered in dust and crap still and they will not be completing the grading and paving till mid July/August.
The rims have a deep dish, will it get killed by the dust and crap?

2. My car will be going in for paint soon in the next few weeks. Should I wait until then and then put them on?

So should I wait or put them on now?

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Here are some pics...

Pic 1 (http://www.radioclassifieds.ca/classifieds/images/rim%20pic1.jpg)

Pic 2 (http://www.radioclassifieds.ca/classifieds/images/rim%20pic2.jpg)

notjoe
06-17-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Razkal 320i
Hey all

Here is dilemna that I am facing... I have new rims sitting in my basement and I am dying to put them on. The problem is:

1. that I live in a new area covered in dust and crap still and they will not be completing the grading and paving till mid July/August.
The rims have a deep dish, will it get killed by the dust and crap?

2. My car will be going in for paint soon in the next few weeks. Should I wait until then and then put them on?

So should I wait or put them on now?

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Here are some pics...

Pic 1 (http://www.radioclassifieds.ca/classifieds/images/rim%20pic1.jpg)

Pic 2 (http://www.radioclassifieds.ca/classifieds/images/rim%20pic2.jpg)

I would leave the old rims on until the painting is done since you dont want to get any over-spray on your new rims.

BMW BMXer
06-17-2003, 02:19 PM
I agree with the above statement

bart320i
06-17-2003, 02:31 PM
I say wait till the car is painted, you will see a bigger change in car after paint, kit, rims. You can park your car in the garage so that it doesn't get dirty. I mean if you park your car inside them your only gonna be driving through the dirt for small periods of time

WASABI
06-17-2003, 02:31 PM
I'm sure he would take them off when he sends the car in for painting. :)

PUT THEM ON JUST FOR A DAY OR SO! ;) hahaha

MP328 lives in the same area, he put his on ! :rolleyes: :P *wave*

djcontra
06-17-2003, 02:35 PM
Lend them to me until you need them back :)

pm me where you got those and what kind they are, I *love* the look of them soooo much

jeremy
06-17-2003, 03:05 PM
as tempting as it is....definetly wait till' after the paint work...

qimis
06-17-2003, 03:10 PM
yea, i guess like everyone said, wait until the car is painted and ... if i were you ... i'll think about to painted after the road are nice and smooth ... i'm affraid it will make stone chips on the paint, $0.02 :)

Razkal
06-17-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by qimis
yea, i guess like everyone said, wait until the car is painted and ... if i were you ... i'll think about to painted after the road are nice and smooth ... i'm affraid it will make stone chips on the paint, $0.02 :)

That is what I am thinking as well, but it kills me when I see everyone with their rims on and cars shined up....

and I know i have the kit and rims sitting in my basement and my car sitting in dirt. :(

qimis
06-17-2003, 03:27 PM
hehe ... yea it's kinda hard to see other car like that and summer is almost here too :cool:

DbIiRrTdY
06-17-2003, 07:16 PM
love your rims star!

djcontra
06-17-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Razkal 320i
and I know i have the kit and rims sitting in my basement and my car sitting in dirt. :(

You can do it man! *th-up*
I've been waiting since last october to put my supercharger and rieger kit on my car, and I'm still waiting until I have the cash or until my old e36 sells.
It's a painful wait though :(

1BADBMR
06-17-2003, 10:09 PM
Don't put them on*no-no*
Wait a couple more weeks... you don't wanna get any scratches on it.

PS Those are some crazy DEEP dish*mw*

19"s ?:confused:

MP328
06-17-2003, 10:14 PM
DON'T WAIT put them on,

or do everything at once, paint, skrits, bumpers, and so on.

and i thought i'll get to see them in person first *sad* . btw i got the video card from ur friend and i have to give u something from him, call when u have time.

P.S. i got like 1 inch of dust on my car *sad* *sad*

ambasah
06-18-2003, 03:30 AM
your car is going to look awsome.

I agree with the majority - wait. It'll be tough, but you'll kick yourself if they get #@! up.

Bliss
06-18-2003, 03:35 AM
Wheels are looking good Sanj! Very nice, but wait until the everything else is done. It'll come out looking like a different car.*th-up*

Razkal
06-18-2003, 04:08 AM
Yes I think that I will wait so Alen, come by and you still will be the first to see them in person *th-up*