PDA

View Full Version : Showing Restraint

tlaselva
06-17-2003, 02:22 AM
This morning, I was heading downtown from Brampton, so I jumped on the 410 south. Some 'riced' out Acura cut in a little tight for my liking on the lane onto the onramp. So to 'bestow him the honor' I blasted past him as we merged on the highway. I settled into the left lane, at a leisurely 120 kmh. Well, the ricer caught up to me, and was tailing me closely. I was thinking of blasting it again, but figured it wasn't worth it, so I pulled over to the middle lane, and let him buy. He farted past me, so I slid in behind him, and tailed him at a safe distance. I had to do 145 kph to keep up to him. Literally no more than 10 seconds later, I saw a marked OPP cruiser pull from the center median behind a bridge, just north of Hwy. #7, as I passed his hiding spot.
I took my foot off the gas, and pulled into the middle lane. Don't think the Acura saw him cuz he kept on going. Few sec's later, the Cruiser blasted past me, and a few seconds after that, the OPP cruiser had the Acura pulled over! Couldn’t help but giggle as I past them..............:D

If I had nailed my Z when I was tempted to do so, I would’ve easily been into the mid to high 100’s! Damn, that would’ve been very painful and expensive. Oh well, chalk one up for restraint!

Just a word of caution, I have never seen so many radar traps, at least in Brampton over the past 6 months than I’ve literally seen in the 12 years I’ve been here. If you guy’s are ever up here, watch yourselves on hwy. 410, and on Bovaird, east of Hwy. 410. That evening, there was a Laser trap on Westbound Bovaird! :eek:

///MsAniTy
06-17-2003, 02:46 AM
Your a lucky man. I sometimes am tempted to rip it on the streets as well but i like to cruise more. Especially when im with friends i like to cruise. I guess cuz my car isnt that fast n all but if i had yr car i would be handin out lessons to ppl all over the place.

Furious
06-17-2003, 04:24 AM
same story different car for me today. it was a riced out caviler. he was trying to keep up with me and i knew we'd be crossing a popular OPP spot so i let the guy fly past me . sure enough i see a cruiser dart off the sholder. but took his time to nab the caviler.

sonic07
06-17-2003, 05:11 AM
thumb up*th-up* for the "restraint"
prove your point and let him have it ...

moerom
06-17-2003, 05:20 AM
Good job!

I find that the more powerful the car, the less likely one is to speed (assuming maturity) because knowing that the power exists at the flick of your right foot is satisfying enough.

The same thing happened to me at a stoplight (I was in the Mini) and some kids revved at me in their MDX in broad daylight in a school zone. I was so tempted to blow them away, but I decided not to.

If I raced and won, I would have beat an MDX. Wow.
If I raced and lost, I would have looked like an idiot.
If I didn't race, I didn't risk lives, but I look like a "pussy" for not racing. Ah well, I like to keep my liscence:)

Now now, there is a time and place for everything, but packed streets and highways are not the place.

The police are going to put a 1/8 mile track in Mosport this year. Should be fun!

tlaselva
06-18-2003, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by moerom
The police are going to put a 1/8 mile track in Mosport this year. Should be fun!

Never heard of this.
Is it confirmed?
Any details?

Mosport's still a drive though.
They really need to get one within 30 minutes, like Orangeville or Barrie if they want to encourage people to visit the track.

SpudBoy
06-18-2003, 10:51 PM
Moe/Tony: My place is about half way to Mosport (give or take). As far as restraint goes, I get farted at alot when I'm sitting at the lights.... seems even minivans want to race. I find a quick squirt in first gear usually shows then my potential (such as it is) and I let them go for the big ticket ticket.
Are you two going to Kennedy Commons this friday evening?

Miguel
06-18-2003, 11:08 PM
Hmmm.. lemme guess... 410 & Queen St. Exit? I got ticketed at 46km/h over there about 2 years ago....

MP328
06-18-2003, 11:27 PM
i had quite a few times that feeling not to push it and it saved me a few times from the cops. i'm really trying hard not to speed anymore but it's just so damn hard *sad*

one time 3 in them orning just off work. i get on the 410 south and 2 cars fly by me doing 160 and more. at first i was thinking to go after them but decided not to, and just slowly followed from far. and as we pass the 401 brigde down where u exit on eglinton and cawthra there was a cruiser sitting. and i see him turning his lights on a starting the car. he gets infront of me and behind one of the other guys and pulls that guy over :) . it's quite funny when it's not you hehe

tlaselva
06-19-2003, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by SpudBoy
Are you two going to Kennedy Commons this Friday evening?

Kennedy Commons?
Not familiar with the place.
Unfortunately can't make any commitments for the next two weeks or so, in the process of moving.....*sleep*

Originally posted by MP328
i had quite a few times that feeling not to push it and it saved me a few times from the cops. i'm really trying hard not to speed anymore but it's just so damn hard *sad*

I feel ur pain.
Cops, especially on Friday and Saturday's are all over the place like locusts. I've actually not gone out with the Z on those evenings as much as I would, b/c you gotta drive like ur on your driving test. :mad:

SickFinga
06-19-2003, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by moerom

1/8 mile track? how long is that? you will reach the end in second gear?

tlaselva
06-19-2003, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by SickFinga
1/8 mile track? how long is that? you will reach the end in second gear?

How long? 1/8th of a mile, half of a 1/4 mile! :D

Some people like it b/c you don't beat up your car as much.
You rely less on your car's power, amd more on the driver skill, so it tends to be a favorite for lower powered cars.
Your launch becomes your biggest factor to good times in a 1/8th.

Anyone know if there is a 1/8 track anywhere?

Polish
06-19-2003, 03:27 AM
now they got the photo radar out, whats up with that, cop isnt even there and you get ****ed up the ass :(

Soldo
06-19-2003, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by Sith
now they got the photo radar out, whats up with that, cop isnt even there and you get ****ed up the ass :( Photo radar, WHERE?!?!
Now i'm scared gonna have to save the speeding for RESIDENTIAL AREAS!!!
:D
but seriously, i've lived in brampton all my life almsot and i hardly see cops on the 410, i mean there is a usual cruiser but its usually packed with trafic, i've had one or two close calls and lets hope they stay that way!!
KNOCK ON WOOD!

EMPOWERD
06-19-2003, 03:58 AM
Nicely done Tony... wish I had the same luck/restraint today. I got nailed doing a 3rd gear wheelie northbound on the 410 by Steeles. Cop had a hard time catching up. Couldn't see the cruiser in the vibrating mirrors till he was right behind me with the cherries on.

Result: Careless driving ticket, 6 points, 30 day suspension (if convicted) insurance hike, summons to court.*sad*

SickFinga
06-19-2003, 05:20 AM
Randy, w0w.
did they suspend M licence?

EMPOWERD
06-19-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by SickFinga
Randy, w0w.
did they suspend M licence?

the "G" and "M" license are the same, so they will be BOTH suspended if I'm guilty. Going to X-Copper right now actually.

330DTM
06-19-2003, 05:05 PM
I wonder if THINAIR could do wheelies on a motorcycle just as good as yours? He's so good on pedalling bikes especially the stunts he pulls off, it'd be crazy if he could do the same on motorcycles.

Rolled_Out
06-19-2003, 05:38 PM
Randy! come on man...
you shouldn't really be doing wheelies on the hiway out of all places, i know its fun and all guys do dumb things, but what if for some reason you hit something, took a flip, got run over by another car, or just injured yourself reallllly badly by falling @ such a high rate of speed... your a young guy and you have a LONG LONG time ahead of you w/ promising things... would you really want to ruin that? and ruin other peoples lives who are close to you if they had to deal w/ your death or serious injury?
stop for a second and think about it man... it's just not worth it...

SickFinga
06-19-2003, 05:44 PM
Danny, you post made me laugh. Did you have a streight face when you typed it.

Rolled_Out
06-19-2003, 05:56 PM
yes. very serious..

Razkal
06-19-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
Photo radar, WHERE?!?!
Now i'm scared gonna have to save the speeding for RESIDENTIAL AREAS!!!
:D
but seriously, i've lived in brampton all my life almsot and i hardly see cops on the 410, i mean there is a usual cruiser but its usually packed with trafic, i've had one or two close calls and lets hope they stay that way!!
KNOCK ON WOOD!

Brampton is nuts for cops!! I have seen so many after living in Brampton for only 3 months! Usually I am ok but I always get tailed for abit....

I never used to see any in Streetsville where I used to live...

Rolled_Out
06-19-2003, 06:32 PM
streetsville!!! my 2nd favourite place :)
NICE croatian blondes w/ tight little asses.. oh my....

sonic07
06-19-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by empowerd
Nicely done Tony... wish I had the same luck/restraint today. I got nailed doing a 3rd gear wheelie northbound on the 410 by Steeles. Cop had a hard time catching up. Couldn't see the cruiser in the vibrating mirrors till he was right behind me with the cherries on.

Result: Careless driving ticket, 6 points, 30 day suspension (if convicted) insurance hike, summons to court.*sad*

man i feel for u .... i have a GM licence too ... i got nailed on 401 to 403 .... 6 points no suspension. "Points" at steele & dixie got me off hook with 15 over no point ....

Carlo
06-19-2003, 08:46 PM
the "G" and "M" license are the same, so they will be BOTH suspended if I'm guilty. Going to X-Copper right now actually.

I thought I herd you say you weren't going to renew your insurance for the gixser this year after May?!?!?!?! I Hope you did, otherwise you'd be looking at a $5000.00 fine!!! :eek:

bmwm5lover
06-19-2003, 09:22 PM

Damn Randy, i hope they are able to get you off the hook! my dad actually went to those uys yesterday for his running a red light ticket(point AND fine). They wanted 300$, so him having no choice payed up....They better get both of you off the hook!

EMPOWERD
06-19-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Rolled_Out
Randy! come on man...
you shouldn't really be doing wheelies on the hiway out of all places, i know its fun and all guys do dumb things, but what if for some reason you hit something, took a flip, got run over by another car, or just injured yourself reallllly badly by falling @ such a high rate of speed... your a young guy and you have a LONG LONG time ahead of you w/ promising things... would you really want to ruin that? and ruin other peoples lives who are close to you if they had to deal w/ your death or serious injury?

Thanks Dan. I know what you're thinking.... but I'd rather do a 3rd gear 200km/h wheelie on a highway than a street with ditches, curbs, lights, signs, driveways, on-coming traffic etc.... Think about it... everyone is driving in the same direction and if I fall at that speed, i'd rather slide to a halt in my leathers than hit a curb or lamp post on a secondary road. This sounds dumb, but i've fallen a few times (and witnessed many friends wipe out) and the safer place is still a 4 lane highway. You have to ride as long as i have (and witnessed the disasters i've seen) to really understand what i mean.

Jon@Bimmersport
06-19-2003, 10:11 PM
heres a better pic!

Dan...trust me, Randy knows how to handle his bike and do wheelies at high speed...i have underwear to show it :D lol jk

BMW BMXer
06-19-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by 328DTM
I wonder if THINAIR could do wheelies on a motorcycle just as good as yours? He's so good on pedalling bikes especially the stunts he pulls off, it'd be crazy if he could do the same on motorcycles.

My friend did the switch from pedal stunts to motorized ones and can wheelie pretty good already, he just switched last year.

If I get on a motorcycle I will die.

bmwm5lover
06-19-2003, 11:12 PM
this is a dumb question, but is it true that bikers are not allwed to go onto the HWY with their bikes?

crusher
06-19-2003, 11:16 PM

Hey Randy.. sorry to hear about that. Hope xcoppers can get you offthehook or lessen those tickets.

Jeff

crusher
06-19-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by tlaselva
This morning, I was heading downtown from Brampton, so I jumped on the 410 south. Some 'riced' out Acura cut in a little tight for my liking on the lane onto the onramp. So to 'bestow him the honor' I blasted past him as we merged on the highway. I settled into the left lane, at a leisurely 120 kmh....

I get tempted all the time too usually I just laugh and let em go or just turn on the radio even more hehe.

Rolled_Out
06-20-2003, 01:36 AM
Randy, hey if you say thats true about the hiway, then i guess it is.. im not going to argue about wheres the best place to do wheelies :)
just stay safe.

Mr seville
06-20-2003, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Rolled_Out
Randy! come on man...

me thinking: his girlfriend???...maybe, REALLY hung over??? maybe,

lets hope your innocent of these obsurd charges randy. these cops like to pull shit all the time......:D