PDA

View Full Version : Ok need help again ...

Shamis
06-16-2003, 03:40 AM
I need to list out and prioritize my problems...

HEres my list of what i want to fix up right now and im trying to figure out a way to do it all for cheap but nciely.

1) I need to refinish my front 2 rims, one has terrible curb rash the other is jsut peeling hardcore from i guess brake dust (**cheap chrome***mumble* )

2) I need to get my tranny flushed and i dunno what fluid to get. Going on 184 000 KM now

3) Need a new hood, my hood is rusted/ bubbled from anywhere, dunno what to get I kinda want a custom one but cf is so expensive/ problem matic, look at my pos spoiler*mumble*

4) Need a new front bumper/ rear spoiler

5) Need to pound out my front grille assembly becuase its sdented in from when some faggot ****ed it up, some homo hit me a while ago

6) Need new bulbs, all new bulbs, front headlights, brights, fogs, turn signals, interior halogeons, ash tray bulbs, etc. Does anyone have a bulb chart or somethin.... I also dunno what bulbs to buy to get that pimpin bmw blue effect

Some other stuff but im gonna ignore those... they are more $$/ mechanical... lol

So some help Plz.....

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
06-16-2003, 03:45 AM
i would get the bulbs first cause there cheap bro and it will make a big difference in my opinion and it wont sadden you as much becuase then you can say all of your loghts are perfect once again then i would get a hood which will be nice as well
and i believe getting your tranny flushed wont be too expensive so those are 3 things off your list with oviously not cheap but not as expensive as lets say a front bumper and then you already have 3 things done to your car
well thats my 2 cents hope it helps

nzer
06-16-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Shamis
I also dunno what bulbs to buy to get that pimpin bmw blue effect

they'd probably be halogens..

Jon@Bimmersport
06-16-2003, 11:07 AM
shamis..wat are the other problems? u mean "problematic" not "problem matic" right?

first of all..you dont pound out the front grill..im sure there are clips...this isnt like the seat u were punching back in at the yorkdale meet..

i'd say work on those mechanical problems rather than wasting money on getting a new bumper/re finsihing rims when u dont need to right now...

and which lights do u want the blueness for? i can supply xenon lights for you to get the OEM look but...u got the $$?

MoTownMike
06-16-2003, 12:07 PM
If you need to get your rims fixed try Carcone's in Aurora. (I thinkthey have a web site Carcone.com. They're very reasonably priced and do good work.

Shamis
06-16-2003, 12:08 PM
NO I DONT HAVBE BIG MONEY

I HAVE LITTLE MONEY

hahah my other problems are like squeky brakes, bad steering, and a rattle exhaust

djcontra
06-16-2003, 02:39 PM
Maintenance first!!
Get those light bulbs replaced, and fix your brakes!
Then you can worry about all the ''cosmetic'' stuff which doesn't do anything for the car except look good. I think making your car drivable, has more priority.

bart320i
06-16-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by djcontra
Maintenance first!!
Get those light bulbs replaced, and fix your brakes!
Then you can worry about all the ''cosmetic'' stuff which doesn't do anything for the car except look good. I think making your car drivable, has more priority.

I second that, make your car run PERFECT first, you'll apprecaite much more. I would get the tranny fluid replaced if I were you. Its not expensive. If you don't care about keeping reciepts than theres many places that will take cash

Shamis
06-16-2003, 06:43 PM
MY CAR IS DRIVEABLE

it jsut squeks and rattles

djcontra
06-16-2003, 06:49 PM
..and might be unsafe...and will cost you MORE down the road if you don't fix some of the problems now.

For example...

If your brakes are squeaking because they're wearing out, you CAN continue using them instead of paying $80 to replace them, and when they finally give in, you can damage your rotors costing you $200 to replace, PLUS $80 for the pads.
That is of course, if you don't kill somebody, yourself, or destroy your car when your brakes fail.

it's just a scenario, but the mechanics of the car are much more important than the looks of the car. Mechanical first, appearance mods as a treat once it works.

bmwm5lover
06-16-2003, 07:04 PM
..and might be unsafe...and will cost you MORE down the road if you don't fix some of the problems now.

For example...

If your brakes are squeaking because they're wearing out, you CAN continue using them instead of paying $80 to replace them, and when they finally give in, you can damage your rotors costing you $200 to replace, PLUS $80 for the pads.
That is of course, if you don't kill somebody, yourself, or destroy your car when your brakes fail.

it's just a scenario, but the mechanics of the car are much more important than the looks of the car. Mechanical first, appearance mods as a treat once it works.
couldnt have said it better myself!

Shamis
06-16-2003, 07:52 PM
i just got new brakes

Stopmaster rotors for 30$ and Some cheap as pads for 25$ ;)

thats y they squek

djcontra
06-16-2003, 07:54 PM
*shakes head*
I hope your safety is worth the $55 you put into it.
Good luck with the car

Rolled_Out
06-16-2003, 08:35 PM
3 words.
SELL YOUR CAR.

98323IS
06-16-2003, 11:35 PM
Sorry WAY off topic here, but Shamis, who is that chick underneath where it says "expert member"? She looks pretty hot!

Jon@Bimmersport
06-17-2003, 12:22 AM

you gotta think like a thug..aka shamis

"if it runs and i can get mad bitches yo, it aight with me son"

and yes..i agree with rolled out...dude ur car has nothing but problems..sell it without the ICE and get another bimmer, and put your stuff on it...you'll have way less problems (hopefully..)

djcontra
06-17-2003, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by E46_lover
you gotta think like a thug..aka shamis

"if it runs and i can get mad bitches yo, it aight with me son"

See, I dont have that problem. The women know how good I am in bed, and as the word spreads, so do the women :D

Shamis
06-17-2003, 11:53 AM
See, I dont have that problem. The women know how good I am in bed, and as the word spreads, so do the women :D

HAhah

iM NOT SELLING MY CAR FOR ANOTHER COUPLE MONTHS

And im not drivin crazy here i dun need performance brakes right now although i understand your concern

Shamis
06-17-2003, 07:39 PM
Update***

I am getting my power steering related problems fixed after this week, got some cashy washy hehehehe

So thats one maitenance thing out of the way

nzer
06-18-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Shamis
i just got new brakes

Stopmaster rotors for 30$ and Some cheap as pads for 25$ ;)

thats y they squek

man its a bimmer not a toyota starlet