PDA

View Full Version : Ever had problems buying something from someone on here?

notjoe
06-15-2003, 05:33 PM
Lets say you buy something worth 200 off someone from this board and you dont really have a clue as to whether it is good or not but you assume it is because of their rep. on MB.

Now, When you go to have it installed they guy who is installing it tells you that it is useless because of something which was done to it before you bought it off the guy

So you email the guy back telling him the problem and that you want another one or your $ back but they dont respond. You know for a fact that they've seen your PM and have logged in numerous times to the board after your PM has been read but they're still not responding to you..

What would you do?

I'm pretty much in this spot right now but im not going to be posting anymore information (at this point anyways) as i really rather have this resolved normally (ethically) without causing much of a scene on the board.

BMW BMXer
06-15-2003, 07:03 PM
I dunno what I would do. Everything I bought off people off max has been good and exactly as described.

But I also make sure I get phone numbers when I buy shit so that if something does come up I can call instead of just PM.

notjoe
06-15-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by BMW BMXer
I dunno what I would do. Everything I bought off people off max has been good and exactly as described.

But I also make sure I get phone numbers when I buy shit so that if something does come up I can call instead of just PM.

Well, i would have to agree with you on that and i did call him today @ home and left a message so we'll see what happens from here.

The fact he got the PM and has posted messages in threads show that he is alive has been on the BBS and is just not responding. 3 days is more than enough time to drop me a quick PM to explain that he is going to find another part or for me to come pick up the $, since he has been active on here an all.

MP328
06-15-2003, 07:46 PM
i had a problem buying stuff from someone on here, and ever since that i dont really want to by anything private, rather spend a few bucks more and buy it from a store. btw the guy ended in jail for some time

notjoe
06-15-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by MP328
i had a problem buying stuff from someone on here, and ever since that i dont really want to by anything private, rather spend a few bucks more and buy it from a store. btw the guy ended in jail for some time

Mind dropping me an ICQ to let me know who it was? I just want to see if it is the same person i am dealing with, icq # is 5956902 .

Did they make it right or did you just say **** it and took the lose?

MP328
06-15-2003, 07:58 PM
i dont even remember the nickname, and i dont think he's still here. he just signed up for a few weeks i think to sell the parts.

after i found out about the parts i couldnt find him to return them, so i still have them on my car

and i dont have icq

notjoe
06-15-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by MP328
i dont even remember the nickname, and i dont think he's still here. he just signed up for a few weeks i think to sell the parts.

after i found out about the parts i couldnt find him to return them, so i still have them on my car

and i dont have icq

Thats ok, atleast i know it isnt the same guy

Soldo
06-15-2003, 08:08 PM
mind going into some details, so far the stuff i bought from the board was legit and in very good condition, and ANY problems were told before i purchased any items

notjoe
06-15-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
mind going into some details, so far the stuff i bought from the board was legit and in very good condition, and ANY problems were told before i purchased any items

I'll go into more details tomorrow if the guy doesnt call me back tonight.. I left the voice mail about 2 hrs ago and that is the last chance i'm giving him to make the situtation right.

I just dont want to slam the guy without giving him more than enough time/different ways to contact me and/or take care of this.

notjoe
06-15-2003, 10:15 PM
I got ahold of them finally, didnt think i would, and the problem will hopefully be resolved in the next day or two with me getting another part (same one just a different one).

Sorry guys, no MB Drama here... move along.... ;)

Soldo
06-15-2003, 11:52 PM
glad you resolved it, see just give the guys a chance, remember, some people don't check their pms all the time, and even if sometimes they do, writing a pm is outta the way, at least i know it is for me sometime!

alright, like he said, MOVE ALONG PEOPLE, theres NOTHING TO SEE HERE!

BMW_7
06-15-2003, 11:58 PM
http://www.duffzone.co.uk/grabpics/wiggum8.gif

notjoe
06-16-2003, 01:35 AM
glad you resolved it, see just give the guys a chance, remember, some people don't check their pms all the time, and even if sometimes they do, writing a pm is outta the way, at least i know it is for me sometime!

alright, like he said, MOVE ALONG PEOPLE, theres NOTHING TO SEE HERE!

Hey now, if they got the time to post in other threads then they have the time to respond to the PM :)

either way all i wanted was my part which hopefully i'll get and it'll be usable

Soldo
06-16-2003, 01:44 AM
right on, ah well its all good now, right?
BTW, hows the car lookin now, i know you smahed it (well not YOU) same color, mods, or did you get a NEW car alltogether, HUH?!

bart320i
06-16-2003, 02:09 AM
I got a bad set of tires of somebody on this board but we quickly reached a solution so it was all good*th-up*

notjoe
06-16-2003, 03:07 AM
right on, ah well its all good now, right?
BTW, hows the car lookin now, i know you smahed it (well not YOU) same color, mods, or did you get a NEW car alltogether, HUH?!

Same car with all the same mods and the same colour. The guy was working on it when he foud the part to be bad which set shit back which is what pissed me off a little more than i would have usually been.

I'll it should be all fixed within the next two weeks im hoping.. i want the ****er back before my bday (july 4th)!