PDA

View Full Version : Cops Are Now Pissing Me Off!

328power
06-15-2003, 04:18 PM
Hi all,

Well its been a busy week for me with the cops.

Earler in the week i got nailed running a stop sign.

Last night i got pulled over around yonge/16th and he starts buggin me with my lights.

" White lights in the back are a 250$ fine "

Im played dumb of course.... then he goes

" You know after market exhausts are illegal change yours immediatly "

Im like yes sir officer... which i WONT do

Then he goes " you know your car is too lowered and thats a $5000 fine "

Im like sorry i will have it raised.... haha yeah sure

THen he makes me get out my car and open my hood.... FIRST OF ALL HE SAYS

TAKE OFF YOUR EYELIDS RIGHT NOW !

luckly they are velcrod on !...

After all that ..... he comes back 5 min later to the car.....

GET EVERYTHING CHANGED..THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING.....

Nice waste of 15 mins !!!!!!!!!!!

:mad: :mad:

JimZYellow
06-15-2003, 04:26 PM
what the hell, thats pure bs, stupid cop, he's jus jealous that ur bimma turns heads while his cruiser gets shot at
*uzi* *uzi*

low_bmw
06-15-2003, 04:30 PM
thats nothing 2 years ago in Brampton my car was taken off the road for "too low". The cop took my plates and took my car off the road. I got a court date and charged for "operating an unsafe vehicle ($2500)". I had to get the car re-certified and emission tested and buy new plates to get it back on the road.

328power
06-15-2003, 04:53 PM
WoW that sucks...He rambled on how its unsafe to drive with a lowered car and how i should get my car raised...haha

....anyone know where i can get orange rear turning signal bulb ?went to canadian tire and they dont carry it

low_bmw
06-15-2003, 05:55 PM
I got that same tickect for white rear signals 110$. I just paid it and haven't changed them since.

Jon@Bimmersport
06-15-2003, 06:03 PM
ya bimmerlyfe told me that they are saying intakes, exhausts and even MOTORSWAPS are illegal now..wtf? thats stupid...

M50E30
06-15-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by E46_lover
ya bimmerlyfe told me that they are saying intakes, exhausts and even MOTORSWAPS are illegal now..wtf? thats stupid...

Now thats a load of BS. What if something breaks on your car and it is cheaper to put on an aftermarket/performace part? I don't believe most of these stories since it is probably just a rumor.

low_bmw
06-15-2003, 06:08 PM
someone told me that they made intakes legal now. it used to be a $380 tickect called "open air filter". I got a warning so I took mine out and put in the stock one. Does anyone know if an intake is illegal or not. "Cops always ****in bother me (jealous)".

T-spec
06-15-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by M50E30
Now thats a load of BS. What if something breaks on your car and it is cheaper to put on an aftermarket/performace part? I don't believe most of these stories since it is probably just a rumor.

Here is the deal with lowering your car: according to the DOT guidlines )which are not very specific at all) as long as the components on the suspension system are tight such as ball joints, bushings, sway bar links and there is n o interference in any of the components the vehicle is deemed safe. even if your shocks are blown and leaking oil it should pass safety, just as long as nothing is about to literally break away from the car.

low_bmw
06-15-2003, 06:19 PM
the Highway Traffic Act says your tire cannot come in contact with any part of the car and thats why I got taken off of the road because half of my tire was tucked and I couldn't even make a turn.

M50E30
06-15-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by T-spec
Here is the deal with lowering your car: according to the DOT guidlines )which are not very specific at all) as long as the components on the suspension system are tight such as ball joints, bushings, sway bar links and there is n o interference in any of the components the vehicle is deemed safe. even if your shocks are blown and leaking oil it should pass safety, just as long as nothing is about to literally break away from the car.

Well thats my point. If your car can legaly pass a saftey inspection then you shouldn't get any tickets. And as for getting pulled over constantly...ask to talk to the officers supervisor (but be totaly cool and calm about it). Try and prove that you are just a hard working normal guy with a safe and legal car and being pulled over constantly is very frustrating.

T-spec
06-15-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by low_bmw
someone told me that they made intakes legal now. it used to be a $380 tickect called "open air filter". I got a warning so I took mine out and put in the stock one. Does anyone know if an intake is illegal or not. "Cops always ****in bother me (jealous)".

Did the cop make that charge up on the spot??? What the f#@k makes an air filter illegal, its got absolutely nothing to do with safety!!!!!!

low_bmw
06-15-2003, 06:22 PM
more air causes more pollution

T-spec
06-15-2003, 06:23 PM
the Highway Traffic Act says your tire cannot come in contact with any part of the car and thats why I got taken off of the road because half of my tire was tucked and I couldn't even make a turn.

Oh, that would do it!

low_bmw
06-15-2003, 06:25 PM
I still haven't raised it. I just got thinner tires and a fake certification, but it still rubs when I turn hard.

T-spec
06-15-2003, 06:28 PM
more air causes more pollution

Air? dont you mean fuel. What about those 5.7l guzzlers the pigs drive around with, F@#K them.

low_bmw
06-15-2003, 06:29 PM
The cop said he's seen alot of tires blow on the highway. But mine only rubs when i turn te wheel alot. "when the **** am I going to cut a u-turn on the highway".

T-spec
06-15-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by M50E30
Well thats my point. If your car can legaly pass a saftey inspection then you shouldn't get any tickets. And as for getting pulled over constantly...ask to talk to the officers supervisor (but be totaly cool and calm about it). Try and prove that you are just a hard working normal guy with a safe and legal car and being pulled over constantly is very frustrating.

Exactly, most people, even cops for that matter don't even know the laws on aftermarket parts, remember bill 271(I think) got thrown out, they don't have the right to harass us. Dave's right, if you don't agree with the cops judgement, calmly ask him to call his supervisor and ask him for hid badge# and card. If he asks you for what, tell him: I constantly get pulled over because I have a nice car and as soon as I get 10 badge #'s in going to complain, even file civil charges.

BMW BMXer
06-15-2003, 06:57 PM
The cop said he's seen alot of tires blow on the highway. But mine only rubs when i turn te wheel alot. "when the **** am I going to cut a u-turn on the highway".

Then ur cars "illegal".

THe checks they often do when pulled over is the finger between the fender check and the full lock to full lock rub check.

If you "fail" one of these you will probably get a ticket.

But if you read the highway traffic act theres now "law" for these charges

Soldo
06-15-2003, 08:19 PM
ALLLLLLLLLLL BS!!!!
First off, if your tire blows, you have a GOOD chance of driving normal with some LOW PROS, i had a buddy who had a tire blow on the highway he was doing about 170 he had 19's on, and he didn't notice the tire was blown till he started driving about 120 he was basically driving PURE RIM!!
Alright, now this whole GARBAGE with cops is bull, when they do stuff to you like this, just take what they give you, but fight it, cause if you cause i scene they'll try to screw you some other way!!
TOO LOW?!?!
there is such thing, so long as you can make a turn without the tire rubbing on the body your good, all the cop can do is make you turn the wheel and see if its rubbing the tire!!
and air filters, exhaust, BULL!!
just tell them to go to canadian tire and give THEM tickets for selling that!!
just jealous cops on power trips!!

328power
06-15-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
ALLLLLLLLLLL BS!!!!
First off, if your tire blows, you have a GOOD chance of driving normal with some LOW PROS, i had a buddy who had a tire blow on the highway he was doing about 170 he had 19's on, and he didn't notice the tire was blown till he started driving about 120 he was basically driving PURE RIM!!
Alright, now this whole GARBAGE with cops is bull, when they do stuff to you like this, just take what they give you, but fight it, cause if you cause i scene they'll try to screw you some other way!!
TOO LOW?!?!
there is such thing, so long as you can make a turn without the tire rubbing on the body your good, all the cop can do is make you turn the wheel and see if its rubbing the tire!!
and air filters, exhaust, BULL!!
just tell them to go to canadian tire and give THEM tickets for selling that!!
just jealous cops on power trips!!

THats what i said to the cop...HE SAYS

"Canadian tire will sell you anything they just wanna make money "

but When he made me pull my eyebrows off that ticked me off.....what the hell do eyebrows do ?? they dont even block the headlights.....Idiots !:mad:

///Milk
06-15-2003, 09:26 PM
Pigs are sooo ****ed up.
Giving tickets for shit you buy when the company is supposed to get in trouble?
An exhaust is an exhaust.
If it's leaded it would be a problem wouldn't it?!

Soldo
06-15-2003, 11:57 PM
ya that is dumb, trust me man, if it ever happens again, accept the ticklets and just fight them in court!!
That garbage, i say it all the time, but when theres ACTUAL trouble everywhere in our city, these ASSWHOLES spend time pickin on kids due to ENVY!!!
Since when does the DEA spend MONTHS and a LOT of money on a drug bust only in the end to bust the BUYER who buys a gram every now and then and not get the guy whos actually suppling/dealing/producing the drugs!!

If cops DO read these threads, i have something to say,
For **** sakes, stop pickin on us for our cars, if it really bugs you go for the companies that sell it and not us!!
Would they rather we spend the money on drugs?!

Jim .E.
06-16-2003, 01:44 AM
my friend got pulled over a month ago the cop told him all types of mods are being banned and all he had was a exhaust tip...(the guy made him redline to see how loud the exhaust was and he ended up giving him a ticket for impaired visibility of license plate...so ****ed up) as for eyelids i heard you can get charged for that because "Somehow" it affects the projection of your headlights

tiestoE36
06-16-2003, 02:03 AM
there is a lot of prick cops out there on a power trip, those are the ones givong all the stuipid tickets. there are the cool ones that are there to actually help. i got a chance to speak to one, a few weeks ago. i was asking him a ton of questions and he was answering them pretty honestly. i asked him things about exhaust, he said as long as it is not too loud like those "tin can" one that the ricers use that wake up the neightbour hood at nite. i understand that. or the intake one, as long as its cold air, its ok, the ones that use the hot air from the engine bay bad for emisiotions or something.

the point is, if you get pulled over for something stupid like eyelids, fight the cop let him give you the ticket and fight it, you will probably win.

too many ppl get scared and let the cop tell them stuipid shit and they listen, so they keep doing it.

like someone said already, if the cop is giving you a hard time, ask them if they would rather themspentd there money on drugs. we are young and have money, we want to spend, at least this is a safe hobby that doesnt hurt anybody....well at aslong as your not racing on hwy 7 during rush hour that is.

Gamite
06-16-2003, 08:32 AM
damn... that sucks, what kinda cop was it? Peel? York?

DunDan
06-16-2003, 01:36 PM
Well, there is the 2003 Street Racing Initiative called "erase" going on in York Region:

http://www.police.york.on.ca/events/internetcomingevents.html