PDA

View Full Version : Do you hate the Raspy sound of E46 M3's?


330DTM
06-14-2003, 03:39 PM
If so, then UUC has a solution. I was browsing their site and noticed they carry a product called the Rasp-X midpipes. It replaces the entire mid-pipe section.

This works in conjuction with the stock muffler or an aftermarket muffler. Most aftermarket exhaust systems I've seen for the M3 simply replace the muffler, but this mod is for the mid-pipes which eliminates the raspy sound.

This mod is probably for those who really want the raspy sound to disapper rather than being a power mod although it might be slightly more free flowing.

Check out the details on the site. I think it's a nice mod if you want to keep the stock muffler but want to eliminate the raspy sound. Hopefully they'll be videos/sound clips of it soon :D

EDIT: Here's the link
http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/raspx/

Daft
06-14-2003, 03:45 PM
I love the sound of my exhaust. It's very unique to the M3. I'm getting an Eisenmann titanium exhaust with the SuperSprint x-pipe. It doesn't rid the rasp which is good!

330DTM
06-14-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Daft
I love the sound of my exhaust. It's very unique to the M3. I'm getting an Eisenmann titanium exhaust with the SuperSprint x-pipe. It doesn't rid the rasp which is good!

Nice choice of the exhaust system. Which version did you get? I recall reading that there are 3 different Eisenmann versions. I believe Race being the loudest.

I forgot, but doesn't the X-pipe from Supersprint elminate the rasp or was it the SS Headers or something else? I remember from last year that there was something made by SS which could elminate the rasp?

Daft
06-14-2003, 05:46 PM
The SS crosspipe doesn't eliminate the rasp totally but masks it somewhat, at least that is what i read from people who have it.
There are actually 5 versions of the Eisenmann exhaust. Sport, Performance, Race, Meisterchaft Stainless, Meisterchaft Titanium. The last one being the best and most expensive!

Rolled_Out
06-14-2003, 06:07 PM
The sound is good, although the E36 M3 sounds much better :)

Jon@Bimmersport
06-14-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Rolled_Out
The sound is good, although the E36 M3 sounds much better :)

i agree...especially with AA intake/exhaust...sickfinga? haha..such an awesome sound

Has AA released anything for E46 M3? their exhausts are really nice, i really like the one Bliss has..i think its AA, or UUC

330DTM
06-14-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by E46_lover
i agree...especially with AA intake/exhaust...sickfinga? haha..such an awesome sound

Has AA released anything for E46 M3? their exhausts are really nice, i really like the one Bliss has..i think its AA, or UUC

Bliss' exhaust is the AA Gen III.

And yes AA does have an exhaust for the E46 M3, but I believe it's a muffler replacement so the raspy sound isn't really gone.

djcontra
06-15-2003, 12:16 AM
I dont like the rasp at all. I wouldn't mind hearing what this new setup sounds like.

Gamite
06-15-2003, 12:55 AM
not a fan of the rasp myself..

AndreNY
06-15-2003, 06:52 AM
the E46 M3 has the worst sound out of all bimmers

330DTM
06-15-2003, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by AndreNY
the E46 M3 has the worst sound out of all bimmers

Actually I think with the Rasp elimination, it'll sound pretty nice, race car like, but nothing beats the sound of the E36 M3's. Simply amazing sound

AndreNY
06-15-2003, 03:44 PM
im sorry but the best sounding car is a VW Vr6, with proper intake and exhaust

330DTM
06-15-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by AndreNY
im sorry but the best sounding car is a VW Vr6, with proper intake and exhaust

Haha I totally second that, BUT that applies to the Generation III VR6's (Roughly '96-'98?), not the new 24Valve ones.

Even with stock intake and exhaust that car sounds so sweet!

KJ-M3
06-15-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Rolled_Out
The sound is good, although the E36 M3 sounds much better :)

I'll take the Raspy exhaust with the 93 extra HP any day!!! :D

Plus the E46 M3's MSRP is less than the E36's MSRP was and it comes with more standard features. *par-t*

SickFinga
06-15-2003, 11:19 PM
the only thing i hate about e46 m3 is the exhaust sound

M50E30
06-15-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by AndreNY
im sorry but the best sounding car is a VW Vr6, with proper intake and exhaust

Porsche twin turbo flat-6 is not bad but nothing compairs to a North American V8!

2002 Chevrolet Corvette ZO6 w/ Borla exhaust! (http://www.thx2.net/exhaust/borla2small.wmv)
*mw*

Mr seville
06-15-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by M50E30
Porsche twin turbo flat-6 is not bad but nothing compairs to a North American V8!

2002 Chevrolet Corvette ZO6 w/ Borla exhaust! (http://www.thx2.net/exhaust/borla2small.wmv)
*mw*


WOW i love that sound how can i get it in my car:eek:

330DTM
06-16-2003, 12:25 AM
http://shawn.illumined.net/autox.wmv

BOO YAH... This 12V VR6 sounds so sweet, comes off the Generation III Jetta & Golf