PDA

View Full Version : 03 civic sir?

anc325
06-14-2003, 02:08 PM
should i buy one of these cars? opinions wanted, no im not a ricer but i cant afford a new bimmer in price and in parts so an sir seems like a good buy....any thoughts or options?

ADAM

Mr seville
06-14-2003, 02:23 PM
i say get it. it doesn't tickle everyones fancy and the tires are shit insurance may kill you on it aswell. i like it but why not get an rsx base or premium demo for the same price??? just a suggestion*th-up* *wave*

Jim .E.
06-14-2003, 07:04 PM
your kidding me right? my opinion grab a RSX Type S or the older SI-R (i think 1999 or 1998)

the new one looks like an egg

anc325
06-15-2003, 01:59 AM
see, i was thinking rsx, but not sure if i wanna get a base model, the allure of a new sir is that it is a top model, i persoanlly like the look of that car, and i hvae been out in an older sir, not bad but four years from now do i really want to own a car thats eight years young?

ADAM

tlaselva
06-15-2003, 05:33 AM
Took a good look at that car recently.
Plenty of room, handles and accelerated decently, fuel efficient, and has seats second to none. Actually the seats are much better than the ones in my 80G Vette!

You should be able to pick one up at about 21G's cuz their not selling very well. At that price, I think it's one of the bets car buy's out there.

tiestoE36
06-15-2003, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Mr seville
i say get it. it doesn't tickle everyones fancy and the tires are shit insurance may kill you on it aswell. i like it but why not get an rsx base or premium demo for the same price??? just a suggestion*th-up* *wave*

bimmer incsurance is worse than any jap car.

anc325
06-15-2003, 02:43 PM
good point its not selling well, which means that it is a fairly rare car, i see tons of three series bmw's everyday and have come to think of them as being a pretty standard bench mark in terms of a sign of affluence and craftsmanship, but i have not seen many new body style civic sir's maybe its the wieght gain or the slower 0-60 times, but hondas are reliable and fun to drive at least we can all agree on that, but its a no contest when compared to a bmw, maybe for my next car i can afford to go german....

ADAM

elraton16
06-16-2003, 12:39 AM
i think i have some useful info. my manager at the store i used to work for bought an 03 model in shiny blue color. first of the car is sick. the only draw back is it looks like a dropped 2 door minivan. the shifter is in the middle of the dash board to the right of the steering wheel and when i drove it i must say my whole right arm felt tired after a bit because of the effort to reach and shift gears in that position. its a minus. another thing is that the cars steering seemed vague. it seemed to me not to respond as well to my input. my hands def. didnt feel connected to the road as they should be. The 170 or 180 hp is a big bang for the buck kind of thing. the car to me seemed sick AND they are very rare. The seats are sport bucket seats and the interior is nicely done. i say this car is a good choice overall.

oh yeah one more thing, the dual tip exhaust is one of those freaking gay ones that jap cars have, they are 2 tiny tubes outlined by a bigger shiny tip. i always see cars missing the shiny overlay on either tip. hmm i just dislike that, its like faking you out