PDA

View Full Version : Air ride

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
06-12-2003, 08:31 PM
hey guys im looking to find a place that is known for air ride i want to get it done on my ride
just curious if anyone has done it on a bmw before
i think its around 3000 if anyone knows better then please add it to this thread
also if you know a shop that is known for it or a company who makes good kits
thanks in advance
:cool:

jeremy
06-12-2003, 08:38 PM
i looked into the air ride setup quite some time ago.....there is a place called underworld customs (somwhere in hamilton, i think) that does it....HOWEVER, things have advanced quite a bit...at the time they wanted to use air cylinders ! now you can actualy get air struts made for your specific vehicle....also underworld customs wanted something crazy like 7,000.00 ! check out http://www.ridetech.com/ they were very helpfull when i spoke to the them (1-2 years ago)...i remember seeing a kit for bm's for around 3,000.00 u.s and that included two air tanks,controllers,compressors, lines and everything needed, i think that might have been on another website though.....keep in mind this is what i found AWHILE back...it may be quite a bit cheaper now...

hope this helps

jeremy
06-12-2003, 08:40 PM
i dont see anything for bimmers though http://www.ridetech.com/productinfo/airstrut.asp >>> give them a call

Mikester
06-13-2003, 01:11 AM
i know its a stupid question... but what is it?

bmwm5lover
06-13-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Mikester
i know its a stupid question... but what is it?
unless im mistaken, air ride is when you are riding on airbags(like the lincoln continental) and not on shocks/springs. this lets you adjust your height,firmness, etc fromt he touch of a button! your car could be SLAMMED one minute, and a 4x4 the next.....

Soldo
06-13-2003, 01:20 AM
my buddy has an airride setup on his INTEGRA, and its pretty cool cause he can DROP IT, when he parks or drives on highways, and when i see him pull into some parking lots he has to JACK it up to full height looks like a SUBARU almost, best part is he controls it through a PS controler!!
Anyhow, he says that the handling became GARBAGE after installing that, its just a show thing!

M50E30
06-13-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
Anyhow, he says that the handling became GARBAGE after installing that, its just a show thing!

That was going to be my point. If you are not into any kind of racing and you are into pure show then it will be cool.

Now this is layin' frame! *th-up*

Soldo
06-13-2003, 03:22 PM
WOW, now THATS LOW!!!!
The only song that i'd play in that car would be "STILL D.R.E."!!!
(BTW, is that a CAPRICE or IMPALA, i always have trouble tellin the 2 apart!)

But the thing with air ride and why i've never seen it yet on BMW's is cause your taking something GOOD (stock suspension compared to most other cars) and turning it to SHIT (compared to ANY SUSPENSION) and even if it WAS in fact for show it still doesn't make it right!

M50E30
06-13-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
BTW, is that a CAPRICE or IMPALA, i always have trouble tellin the 2 apart!

It's a Caprice. The Impala shares the same body but has different engine, wheels, suspension, grille, mirrors and interior.

Here is another sweet slammed Caprice. It is a fake Impala (notice the Impala badge on the C pillar) because the mirrors are still mounted to the door like a Caprice.

Soldo
06-13-2003, 03:58 PM
wiat, that doesn't help you say their BOTH caprice's but they have different mirrors?!
show me a pic of an IMPALA!

bmwm5lover
06-13-2003, 07:10 PM
Dave, those cars are ****ing SICK!1! Can you say PIMP!!!!!

moregothanshow
06-13-2003, 09:28 PM
the rims on the second pic are tyte....i'd floss those any day....

sonic07
06-14-2003, 05:07 PM
wild thing pimp .... official pimp car ... cool ..

check this website it's probably cheaper ...

http://www.ride-rite.com/Ride-Rite.htm

i was thinking to put them on my twuk ...
certaintly it's not for performance.