PDA

View Full Version : Tranny Mounts Suggestions

crusher
06-12-2003, 07:29 PM
Whats the best one to get? I like UUC so much but I want to look for alternatives.. heheh

UUC Transmission Mount Enforcer (RED)

What about High Performance Transmission Brace E36 M3 JTD 905$315.00 ? 315 USD seems steep!!

Any other?

thinair
06-14-2003, 09:44 PM
I have the UUC tranny bushings (red) with enforcer cups. I have no regrets at all. The synchro noise in 1st and 2nd is a little louds when downshifting, but it's not annoying. You do feel a little more driverain vibration, but once again it's not bad.

The JTD tranny brace is another good solution, but I've heard they're overkill unless you plan on only tracking your car. And if you do don't even think if using the race bushings on the street (for NVH reasons). But the street bushing firmness is adjustable.

crusher
06-20-2003, 04:17 AM
Hey thinair.. i wonder if I could just do the enforcer cups with the 320i engine mounts on my M? Or can I just install the 320i mounts without the cups? BTW, increased vibration or noise is ok with me. :D

Miguel
06-20-2003, 01:00 PM
What are the benefits of the tranny mounts?

greekthang
06-20-2003, 02:08 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Miguel

Huge benefits pal. The stiffer the mounts to less transmission flex under hard acceleration which in turn mean less mis shifts as well.

It does become more sensitive of a feel but it is worth the trade off !!!!!!!!

Autotechnica
06-20-2003, 04:58 PM
Just keep in mind that stiffer bushings aren't always better. There is a reason why oem bushings are made of rubber. It's more comfortable and made to absorb the shock. If you use stiff bushings your chassis and other components will take a serious beating. It's the price to pay for responsive steering, etc. If you never plan on tracking your car or auto-x'in I don't see the point in getting all these upgrades. It will really be wasted on the streets and you'll feel like the ride is 100 times worse than when you first bought your car. If you don't track the car, just keep it stock. I'm already sick of the rattle and clanking of metal everytime I go over a bump or crack in the road, keep in mind stiffer bushings/components will also result in other parts wearing out faster (ball joints, tie rods, control arm bushings, etc.)

Also, before you buy something make sure you know why your buying it and how if effects your car. Don't just buy something because you see other people install it in their cars, know what your getting into.

Bry

crusher
06-20-2003, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the info, yeah... I wanted to stiffen it because I plan to do some autox and a few track days a year. Plus, i'll have this car for the next 4 to 5 years so i'll be doing whatever upgrade I can for her heheh.

Anyways, i have read a lot about the 320i mounts and that seems to be the best solution for me since i'm not going to be autox'ng every week or so, just want to have a autoxable car and also a daily driver.

See u guys on Sunday :D

Jeff

thinair
06-20-2003, 09:56 PM
Actually even if I didn't auto-x i'd get stiffer tranny mounts, there is less chance of misshifting, that alone makes it worth it (IMO)