PDA

View Full Version : Looking to borrow or buy E30 seats for a week

M3ntal Kev
06-11-2003, 01:19 PM
I am basically looking to borrow, beg, or buy a set of beat up e30 seats for about a week.

The scenario: the tuners working on the HalTech in the M3 cannot fit into the Sparco race seats since they're both a little heavy (both 250lbs+).

So to have the car tuned they need to to be able to get in it an drive it. they can't do that if they don't fit into the seats.

So what I'm asking is, does anyone have a set of beat up old e30 seats which they could lend me for about a week or sell to me at a reasonable price?

Any help appreciated.

ROB89M3
06-11-2003, 10:10 PM
John Dimoff has his old seats from his E30 M3. Ask him (although it might be a bit embarrasing for you since they are not working on the car) :D

M3ntal Kev
06-11-2003, 10:56 PM
Not to worry.

I have got a set to use now, but thanks for your input.

Lil'Smoothie
06-12-2003, 12:17 AM
Kev what r u gettin done?

Jon@Bimmersport
06-12-2003, 12:27 AM
you can buy my bro's? wat kinda sparcos? cuz my bro might need those..lol

LOL cant fit in the seats..thats classic. i wouldnt stop laughing if i were u..haha

M3ntal Kev
06-12-2003, 04:31 AM
I dunno about laughing... it is a serious issue. There can be some serious health issues with being overweight... anyhow I guess you never seen a 300lb guy try to squeeze into a race seat designed for a 175lb. european race driver. Not pretty. :D

What is getting done? A stand alone engine management system, HalTech E6K, for starters (this season). Basically I'm going to run Alpha-N + MAP. Next season remains a mystery so far... :D

///Milk
06-12-2003, 04:54 AM
How bout instead of buying new seats......
Buy them something on the Jenny Craig diet :D

M3ntal Kev
06-12-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by ///Milk
How bout instead of buying new seats......
Buy them something on the Jenny Craig diet :D

Lovely... :rolleyes:

I'm not buying them new seats. I have a set I can borrow for about a week.

Putting them on Jenny Craig would be the responsibility of their respective wives; not me.

Sheesh... you guys act like you're all runway models... bunch of Derek Zoolanders!

Jon@Bimmersport
06-12-2003, 11:30 AM
haha...i never said anything bad, im just saying it was funny

anyways, wanna get the seats or not?

M3ntal Kev
06-12-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by E46_lover
haha...i never said anything bad, im just saying it was funny

anyways, wanna get the seats or not?

Well, I really don't want to buy a set of seats for only a weeks worth of use, so I have someone who has very graciously agreed to lend me a set. That's what traditionally happens in a tight car community; we help each other out. I kind of get the feeling that that has changed since I first got into the scene many, many years ago. :(