PDA

View Full Version : Rust On Rotors

E302NV
06-11-2003, 03:53 AM
I just put Euro Rotors on my car. Everytime I wash the car It always looks like they get rusted these things are brand new. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening.

Maybe a spray or something somebody please let me know it is driving me crazy.

Geoff

Spartiatis
06-11-2003, 04:02 AM
You cant do anything about that. The only way you can get rid of the rust is to drive the car. But that is going to be hard since you dont have it yet!*mumble*

E302NV
06-11-2003, 04:03 AM
It comes home tommorow

SickFinga
06-11-2003, 07:22 PM
there is nothign to worry about.
all rotors ger surface rust from washing a small rain. Once you tap on the brakes it will be all gone

sjinto
06-11-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by E302NV
I just put Euro Rotors on my car. Everytime I wash the car It always looks like they get rusted these things are brand new. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening.

Maybe a spray or something somebody please let me know it is driving me crazy.

Geoff

did you paint them? i know it's sounds dumb but i didn't realize that new rotors are unfinished (hub near wheel) and will rust like crazy if not painted*wave*

sonic07
06-11-2003, 10:25 PM
don't worry about it but if it bother you so much .... after washing just drive it around the block and use the brakes. after coming back from the rain into the garage blow it out with air compressor ....

BlackTape
06-12-2003, 04:35 AM
A good tip....

My brakes where squeaking the other day so when I was at an empty point in the highway... I steped on the brakes fairly hard while I was going about 80..... Damn those rotors straighten out real quick!!!!!