PDA

View Full Version : wheel hop

sixxdog
06-09-2003, 08:51 PM
93 - 325is why do i get sever wheel hop from the rear when i spin my rear tires, i have brand new billstein shocks, but some one stole my rear swaybar, and i dont think thats got anything to do with it, i dont go out and spin the rears on purpose because it sounds to violent, but when its wet out it sometimes happens, this happens in first gear from a stand still in a straight line, if i go sideways around a corner in second and spin the rears it doesnt seem to do it......

Bigbore
06-09-2003, 10:37 PM
wheel hop, has to do with tires, and suspension, and sometimes differental.

you say you have new tires, but is your suspension soft? or very hard? for instance is your shocks are too good for your springs, or vice versa you`ll get some hop as the spring goes down and the shock cannot push back up, or the shock pulls up faster then the spring goes down. causing wheel hop.

sometimes crappy tires do that, or half bald tires, also a broken diff will do that because the wheel will engage the ground fully then not, then again and so on.

jeremy
06-09-2003, 10:40 PM
a common and fairly cheap reason is the rear cross member mounts...have those checked..

BMW BMXer
06-09-2003, 11:58 PM
My sub frame mounts are shot to hell.
I get MAD hop it sucks

UPMotorsports1
06-13-2003, 05:01 AM
Check the tire pressure. If one rear tire is more/less inflated than the other then it could cause severe wheel hop.