PDA

View Full Version : Abs Light

Soldo
06-09-2003, 07:30 PM
Hey guys, heres the flex,
I was at the Bread & Honey Festival on saturday, and i'm driving, speed limit, low rpm's and all of a sudden the ABS light comes on, so i give a look around, no cars around, and i SLAM on the brakes and sure enough the tires lock up, and the braking system did not anti-lock. I was pretty puzzled cause i didn't know why it came on, so i drove around came back to brampton, and truned off my car for 5 mins, cause i had to take a leak, and when i got back in, the light was off and the abs WAS working again!!
My question, why could it have done that, and will it happen again!?

low_bmw
06-10-2003, 12:05 AM
my light has been on for over a year but the ABS still works. I think it might just be a sensor. But brakes are working fine.

Soldo
06-10-2003, 02:03 AM
ya, well i dunno whats happenin, cause the ABS actually FAILED when the light was on!!

djcontra
06-10-2003, 04:54 PM
I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens again. ABS parts are usually pretty expensive. Maybe the abs computer just had a glitch that restarting the car fixed.

phaust
06-10-2003, 07:07 PM
well if you find a solution, just tell me, i have the same problem, on a 325is 95. but mine is like.. 1 time on each 2 ride.. i mean..
it's happen half the time. and the ABS is not working. and the traction control light in the same time. and the traction control is not working either.

:confused: :confused: :confused: