PDA

View Full Version : Vibration big time

greekthang
06-09-2003, 03:09 PM
Hey guys,

Just started last night. When I reach 100 right through to 130 the vibration is horrible. I also hear a thump noise on the passenger front side of my car. Even when I slow down sometimes I hear this thump thump noise 60km/h and below. Had my lower ball joints replaced last year. No clue what it could be.

Any thoughts ???:mad:

jeremy
06-09-2003, 03:14 PM
vibration could be alot of things....first thing, check your tires >

Euro_E30
06-09-2003, 03:28 PM
i used to have that problem then i changed my rotors and it went away....check ur rotors, wheel bearing, tires, ect..it can be alot of stuff. lol.

jeremy. i found the perfect color for ur car...maldives blue metallic
it only caomes on the z4.. its a sick color...*th-up*

bart320i
06-09-2003, 03:57 PM
it sound like it could be a flat spots on your tires or a bent wheel. Of course it could be alot of things. I've had that problem before and it was the tires. If you power shift alot it is probably the tires

greekthang
06-09-2003, 03:59 PM
Guys as I drive 100km/h I slightly turn the wheel to the right and I hear this thumping noise. I just turn the steel ever so lightly to the right. Does this help ?? My brakes are very low and do need a changing though. Check the weights on the rims. they are there. Check the tire for flat spots and any rim being bent nothing there everything seems o.k. only when I turn the steering wheel ever so slightly to the right do I hear this noise

///deni-boy///
06-09-2003, 05:27 PM
When i drove my moms windstar there was a thumping sound also, but it happend at all ranges of speeds, i know its a gay van but i got screwed over, i took it up to wasaga over this long weekend, well my front left spring just broke in half, it was parked too, i walked by the van and it looked like it had hydro, i was like wtf. S ya, get that checked out just in case, it could be related or might not be, but dontt ake any chances.

greekthang
06-09-2003, 05:32 PM
Thanks guys

I recently had work done to it where the tires where removed and I spoke to my mechanix and they said it could be a torque problem because my hub was rusted. Could be a simple thing as that. Going to pop off both tires tonight and sand and scrap the rust off and put a nice coat of that silver stuff for brakes on the hub and anywhere else I see rust. Hopefully that will help. I will also get my tires rebalanced as well.

Furious
06-09-2003, 06:50 PM
check the calipers for a seize. i though mine was a tire problem and it turned out that the caliper was seizing.

Albertae30
06-09-2003, 08:41 PM
yeah man ever since i put my 16" wheels with my hankooks on my car shakes like a bugger from 80 to like 95 then it stops ?? i am still unknown on this.

low_bmw
06-09-2003, 11:08 PM
mine was vibrating for a while now and saturday night I broke the bearing (rear passenger). It's in the shop now and the bearing was $105 for BMW of Miss.

greekthang
06-10-2003, 12:20 AM
Going to change my brakes really soon guys but I am going to the shop tommorrow to have it checked out. I will keep yu guys informed

greekthang
06-10-2003, 12:21 PM
I think I may have found the problem boys. I think it has to do with my rotors or caliper. Did a couple of test last night and found out that the calipers or discs are screw. Something to do with the braking for sure. Time for a brake change. Brembos all around