PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! my car is leaking

e36_freak
06-09-2003, 01:09 PM
Help me please...... when i drive in the rain with my sunroof in the vent position in the rain i notice that water starts to seep through my passenger side pillar. i notice this only happens when the sunroof is in the vent position
but when the sunroof is completely closed there's no leak.
anyone have this happen to them??

any help is appreciated.

MiKEY

djcontra
06-09-2003, 01:18 PM
I've never had this happen, but check for debris in the sunroof rails. Also check the seals and make sure none have come off in the sunroof area and the passenger door area.

bart320i
06-09-2003, 03:48 PM
are you suppose to have your sunroof open in the rain?

notjoe
06-09-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by bart320i
are you suppose to have your sunroof open in the rain?

You can can have it in the vent position without water seeping into it.

MatyBMW
06-09-2003, 07:55 PM
Mike,

You'll have to have your four drainage holes blown out. I had the same problem, they will have to use a snake to get rid of the debris that has built up in them. The holes are on each corner of the vehicles roof.

It its not that they make sure that the overflow tray is connected properly to the sunroof tracks. It may be jammed at the back.

Hope this helps

e36_freak
06-09-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by MatyBMW
Mike,

You'll have to have your four drainage holes blown out. I had the same problem, they will have to use a snake to get rid of the debris that has built up in them. The holes are on each corner of the vehicles roof.

It its not that they make sure that the overflow tray is connected properly to the sunroof tracks. It may be jammed at the back.

Hope this helps

Hey mat thanx, where do i go to get that done??? and how much does it cost?

Mike

MatyBMW
06-10-2003, 07:33 PM
Mike,

tell them what the problem is and either take it to Daytona (WoodBridge) or Lakeside (Scarborough)

Jim .E.
06-11-2003, 12:28 AM
uh uh....even in the vent position you'll get leaks im 100% sure...think about it if your sunroof opens in vent position towards the rear (on every normal car it does) (lets call this facing south) and its raining in the north direction, your bound to get water flowing right in....

thats like opening your window in a car wash and expecting nothing to happen :P

MatyBMW
06-11-2003, 12:37 AM
Not true,

Your car can be dry with the sunroof in the vent position, even if you leave your car sitting on the street during a rain shower.