PDA

View Full Version : one sad bimmer

sonic07
06-08-2003, 03:48 AM
today Sat June 7-2003 was a nice day to drive around shopping for bimmer. i went to friendly auto to take a look 1993 it has
218000 km start at trunk .... rubber seal is falling out, around the trunk lid is rusting out. the exhaust is totally gone, part of the door on the driver side is rusting out, also on the driver rocker panel is rusting out. the hood not in good shape either. the bumper looks like someone used it for a bumper car. the trunk smells. the interior like worst than a taxi feels. the asking price was ok but the canadian black book shows 2500 to 4100 so they must a bought it for less than 4000 bucks. i was going to put an offer but forget i walk right out. collection of fine cars down the street got like 20 to 30 bimmers .... but talk about over price or what...
anybody here ever deal with collection of fine cars on finch and alness .... ?

Soldo
06-08-2003, 07:13 AM
one thing to say about them, STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!
COLLECTION should just call themselves a LEMONAID STAND!!
the cars they sell are LIES, they pretty much just slap on rims and jsck the price 4-5 g's, me and my buddy went there one time, he was lookin for a INTEGRA, and we go there, and i remembered seeing a M3 for sale there so i thought it'd be nice to check it out, we get there it was a 318is, but with a full "M KIT" (front and rear skirts, m shifter, and thats pretty much it!) so they "MESSED UP" on the advertising the guy said, blamed the autotrader, so we check out this integra and my buddy is a HUGE integra fanatic/know-it-all and he can tell the what kinda engine from the serial number, and the guy told us they had a GS-R for sale so he lets uis look around the showroom, we check out this GS-R, and my buddy looks at the seriual number and sure enough, its wrong, then looks and sees, NO SUNROOF, and realizes its actually a LS or whatever the BASE MODEL IS!!
their liars,
but anyhow, dude, for THAT price you can find a few BM's and they'll actually be in a BIT better shape than that!

sonic07
06-08-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i

Thanks for the warning ...

Jon@Bimmersport
06-08-2003, 04:32 PM
anyone been to BJ premiere auto?

sadda///M
06-08-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
the cars they sell are LIES, they pretty much just slap on rims and jsck the price 4-5 g's, .................

this board needs more posts like this. this is one good way to fight back. .actually it's effective, as i wont go there anymore.

suggestion: this board should have a new section: how about Forum Report section or FR in short. members get to report their worst nightmare dealing with dishonest businesses. kinda like the section you read in Torstar wheels section.

sorry for the mumbling but you get the idea.

BMW_7
06-08-2003, 10:19 PM
Dude Sonic, if you're so limited on cash buy a E30. The only way out man... I myself was aiming for a E30 but then my parents chipped in a bit because they wanted me to have a better car. Bottom line is - don't cheap out on a model you can't afford, get a good condition E30 and remember.. they last forever!

BTW... lol @ the ad.. they should have written "Loaded with shit"

sonic07
06-09-2003, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by BMW_7
Dude Sonic, if you're so limited on cash buy a E30. The only way out man... I myself was aiming for a E30 but then my parents chipped in a bit because they wanted me to have a better car. Bottom line is - don't cheap out on a model you can't afford, get a good condition E30 and remember.. they last forever!

BTW... lol @ the ad.. they should have written "Loaded with shit"

you're absolutely right but i am looking for a project car 5 to 10k$ then i am also debating perhaps spend upto 20k and no project car but i have 2 new vehicles to drive around with. i need something to play with.

Marven
06-09-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by sadda///M
this board needs more posts like this. this is one good way to fight back. .actually it's effective, as i wont go there anymore.

suggestion: this board should have a new section: how about Forum Report section or FR in short. members get to report their worst nightmare dealing with dishonest businesses. kinda like the section you read in Torstar wheels section.

sorry for the mumbling but you get the idea.