PDA

View Full Version : 3 series or 5 series? I'm Puzzled!

Jim .E.
06-07-2003, 11:40 PM
k im looking at Bimmers right now since im planning to by one somewhere in the middle of July...the problem is i dont know if i should get a 5 series (1991 525i) or a 3 series (1992 325i), both are equally priced and look just as good, but if you were to buy em, what would u guys grab?

BlackTape
06-07-2003, 11:44 PM
the 3 series has more mods availble and is cheaper to maintain...

Miguel
06-08-2003, 12:01 AM
The 5 series you don't see "done-up" nearly as often as the 3.

Jim .E.
06-08-2003, 12:58 AM
hahaha miguel i can see you are very fond of our member Van (damn she's hot!!!!!!)

yeah thas the main reason i want 525i i hardly see them souped up (styll waiting to see your e34), but 325i is cheaper....

*sigh*, so many options, so little time,

Unknown
06-08-2003, 01:09 AM
go 5er.... i don't know why, but i like them better...

BMW_7
06-08-2003, 02:13 AM
Hmm.... you can always get a 5er when you get married and have kids and then soup it up...

If you wanna be unique, get a 5er wagon! they are 1000000x better looking than the sedan! (Yes and It's impossible to find one)

Now I'd like to get a E39 540iT and pimp that out...that would be so awesome..

My advice: Get a 325 and enjoy life! Besides, its not like a civic where whatever you want to do, some civic owner already done lol...For example, I never seen a E36 sedan with M Parralels and that's what I wanna do!

prophet
06-08-2003, 02:28 AM
M3 or M5 ?

Gamite
06-08-2003, 07:30 AM
The E34 is a heavier car, but more luxurious. More leg room in the rear, I find its really nice for a sound car. :P

E36 has more available mods, and is lighter, but lacks lots of funky functions that the E34 has

Another thing, E36 pre 94 has subframe problems, I'd go for a 94+

Jim .E.
06-08-2003, 03:47 PM
lol i wish i could go for the 1994 and up but i have limited cash and with it i can get max a 1992 *sad*, but for the time being im just taking comparisons and ideas so that when i actually go in July (near the end, gotta wait for my court date) to pick it up i know what im paying for and how much maintaining it will set me back

and btw i'll most likely be driving without insurance as of what i know right now cuz if my court date doesn't go well on July 2nd then ima be screwed! (have a wreckless driving ticket *thmbsdwn* )

as for getting married and having kids, loooooooonnnnggggg way to go styll....were talking 8 or 9 years (im 17 so when im roughly 25 or 26)

Jim .E.
06-08-2003, 03:57 PM
main cars are either 525i or 325i
only two cars im willing to spend on :P

bmwm5lover
06-08-2003, 04:07 PM
525I, NO DOUBT! They have leg room, they are really comfortable, 4 doors(dont know if u were looking at a 4 door e36), much better looking (IMO), and very mafia.....:P
Bad thing is, i heard they lack power since they are hevier.

Jim .E.
06-08-2003, 04:11 PM
i've sat in my friends 328i (his) and his 540i (his dads) and both seem enough leg room for me considering im 6 foot 1

i wouldn't mind the power lack since im going to be adding air ride, 7" widesceen LCD in the head rests and pioneer dvd head unit in dash, im gonna be slowing it down anyways so i dont mind the power lacking between it and a 325i

oh and it doesnt matter to me if its sedan or coupe since im paying for it.....but since my insurance is denied renewal i will most likely be looking at sedans cuz insurance is cheaper on them

P.S. he should be joining us at max sometime soon

bmwm5lover
06-08-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Jim .E.
i've sat in my friends 328i (his) and his 540i (his dads) and both seem enough leg room for me considering im 6 foot 1

i wouldn't mind the power lack since im going to be adding air ride, 7" widesceen LCD in the head rests and pioneer dvd head unit in dash, im gonna be slowing it down anyways so i dont mind the power lacking between it and a 325i

oh and it doesnt matter to me if its sedan or coupe since im paying for it.....but since my insurance is denied renewal i will most likely be looking at sedans cuz insurance is cheaper on them

P.S. he should be joining us at max sometime soon
well in that case, e34 all the way!They are not as common as e36's, especially when done up. im hoping that in the next couple of years, i get my ass into an e34 535i

Jim .E.
06-08-2003, 07:38 PM
Prophet....lol im poor and have no money for a M3 or M5, i'd buy one, but id be living in it if i bought it....

LMAO im joking, i just dont have the funds to buy a M series, maybe when im out of highschool

Kal
06-08-2003, 08:41 PM
Jim E

if u want to buy a bmw and ur limited on cash, then don't buy a bmw. Reasons I say this is because suppose u get a 92 e36. Firstly, its an older car so u know ur going to run into problems. Secondly, they already have problems to begin with (read gamites post). Thirdly, parts aren't as cheap as honda's so when u do have to repair it ur gonna cry. Fourthly, insurance is going to rape u in the ass.

If u want to buy a 5 series, don't bother either. Ur gonna die on gas and insurance and parts and everythign else I mentioned for the 3 series. Basically, if u dont have funds then honestly BMW isn't for you man.

And if you think u can drive without insurance dont take that risk. The cops will enjoy giving u bunch of tickets and criminal charges (u know how 21 division is).

Take this from me, I have a bmw and i no parts aren't as cheap as they are for other cars. Secondly, I had a dangerous driving charge which i got reduced to a careless driving ticket (6 points, 900 dollar fine but no criminal record). Insurance is too much and that is the reason why I'm selling my bimmer.

Jim .E.
06-08-2003, 09:40 PM
maintaining it wont be the problem, and insurance after court wont be as bad either, im paying whatever i can for insurance and then my dad pays the rest of what i cant...

--> if the ticket gets lower and RBC insurance sticks with their quote ($3250 a year) and i get a job and manage to make atleast $1500 (ima be doggin it with 8 hour shifts) my dad will pay the rest and i have insurance for the year and i can ease of the full hour shift and go part time and save up for mods etc... etc... but no way am i grabbin a loan :D :D :D :D sorry pasta just pullin your leg...lol

BMW_7
06-08-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Jim .E.
lol i wish i could go for the 1994 and up but i have limited cash and with it i can get max a 1992 *sad*

Then buy a 318 :D

bmwm5lover
06-08-2003, 10:08 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kal
Jim E

if u want to buy a bmw and ur limited on cash, then don't buy a bmw. Reasons I say this is because suppose u get a 92 e36. Firstly, its an older car so u know ur going to run into problems. Secondly, they already have problems to begin with (read gamites post). Thirdly, parts aren't as cheap as honda's so when u do have to repair it ur gonna cry. Fourthly, insurance is going to rape u in the ass.

If u want to buy a 5 series, don't bother either. Ur gonna die on gas and insurance and parts and everythign else I mentioned for the 3 series. Basically, if u dont have funds then honestly BMW isn't for you man.

And if you think u can drive without insurance dont take that risk. The cops will enjoy giving u bunch of tickets and criminal charges (u know how 21 division is).

Take this from me, I have a bmw and i no parts aren't as cheap as they are for other cars. Secondly, I had a dangerous driving charge which i got reduced to a careless driving ticket (6 points, 900 dollar fine but no criminal record). Insurance is too much and that is the reason why I'm selling my bimmer. [/QUOTE
Definite ] *th-up* *th-up* *th-up* on this post. This, although sad, is soo true!