PDA

View Full Version : 328is VS 2001+ Mustang GT

mkgino
06-07-2003, 04:45 AM
Well not exactly sure about the year, but it was one of the newer ones.

So I was stopped at a stoplight in ghetto Scarberia, waiting for the light to turn red and worrying about getting mugged. A yellow newer mustang convertable pulls up next to me at the light. I look over and knew it was on. I thought that since it was a convertable (which is usually heavier) that I might have a shot.

So the light turns green and we both start off. At the end of first I have a small lead, probably less than a meter. By the end of second gear, we were about even. Finally I shift into third and shut down at about ~4500 rpms he put about a meter on me by the end.

So it was a very close race. At the next light I gave him the thumbs up and he said it was a good race. He told me the car was an auto and that it was a rental also lol! We wanted to go once more, but there was too much traffic.

It was a fun race. Not a bad result for me, seeing how it was his 260 hp vs my 190 hp. I thought I was going to get spanked, but it wasnt the case. I know now just how badly I need that differential upgrade :)

greekthang
06-07-2003, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by mkgino
Well not exactly sure about the year, but it was one of the newer ones.

So I was stopped at a stoplight in ghetto Scarberia, waiting for the light to turn red and worrying about getting mugged. A yellow newer mustang convertable pulls up next to me at the light. I look over and knew it was on. I thought that since it was a convertable (which is usually heavier) that I might have a shot.

So the light turns green and we both start off. At the end of first I have a small lead, probably less than a meter. By the end of second gear, we were about even. Finally I shift into third and shut down at about ~4500 rpms he put about a meter on me by the end.

So it was a very close race. At the next light I gave him the thumbs up and he said it was a good race. He told me the car was an auto and that it was a rental also lol! We wanted to go once more, but there was too much traffic.

It was a fun race. Not a bad result for me, seeing how it was his 260 hp vs my 190 hp. I thought I was going to get spanked, but it wasnt the case. I know now just how badly I need that differential upgrade :)

Bro just came home. Raced a Mustang 2000+ series as well. Stick thugh and hardtop. On Hwy 7 coming back from work I had it in second rolling to a light and he jumped on me but grinded 3rd hahah retard. Caught up to him and passed. Was driving with him behide and I hammer it and he couldn't gain. Came finally to a set of lights and looked over at him. He didn't even look so I said to myself I have to beat this bitch!!! Jumped a full car on him from the hole then in second we where alsmost even then 3rd we where dead even and he let off. Woohoo fun fun fun. *wave*

Soldo
06-07-2003, 06:07 AM
i raced a newer GT convertible, and i PUNKED HIM, were were pretty much neck in neck but every time i changed gears i'd get more and more of a lead and finally the guy lets off and realizes who the BIYACH is!

MP328
06-09-2003, 01:15 AM
what's up with all these mustangs trying to race people???? i raced one today too on the highway, i think it was a 2003 or 2002 cuz it had that hood scoop and was pretty big. oh yeah it was GT coupe.

i was with in front of my friend in his VR6 and saw the GT coming from the back. and i saw him pass my friend and started to speed up. i went for it just to see how it goes. and they pull beside me and there is 4 people in the car. the guy in the back seat goes pointing to race them. but there were too many cars to go side by side. so i ended up following them. and was right there behind them all the time. he didnt pull at all. probably cuz of the passangers.

then he cut off a older prelude really bad and the prelude guy went nuts and started following him on the shoulder. so i backed off and got off the highway.

greekthang
06-09-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by MP328
what's up with all these mustangs trying to race people???? i raced one today too on the highway, i think it was a 2003 or 2002 cuz it had that hood scoop and was pretty big. oh yeah it was GT coupe.

i was with in front of my friend in his VR6 and saw the GT coming from the back. and i saw him pass my friend and started to speed up. i went for it just to see how it goes. and they pull beside me and there is 4 people in the car. the guy in the back seat goes pointing to race them. but there were too many cars to go side by side. so i ended up following them. and was right there behind them all the time. he didnt pull at all. probably cuz of the passangers.

then he cut off a older prelude really bad and the prelude guy went nuts and started following him on the shoulder. so i backed off and got off the highway.

I guess the Mustangs lately need to be taught a lesson !!!*uzi*

g328m
06-10-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by greekthang
I guess the Mustangs lately need to be taught a lesson !!!*uzi*
You bet!!! I pick on them the most when I had the 328is. Also the nsx s.

greekthang
06-10-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by g328m
You bet!!! I pick on them the most when I had the 328is. Also the nsx s.

They are so much fun especially when you blow them out of the hole about a car length. They get all nervous and stare over at you. HAHHA*uzi*

g328m
06-10-2003, 09:53 PM
Especially in the highway, they get nervous.

Jon@Bimmersport
06-11-2003, 01:38 AM
mk..was it a GT convertable? if it is then its 260 or so..if not then its only a shit 190hp V6.

good kill bro..thought u dont race?

koncise
06-11-2003, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by E46_lover
mk..was it a GT convertable? if it is then its 260 or so..if not then its only a shit 190hp V6.

GT coupe is 260 hp, foo' ;) same as the GT convertable.

what made you think they'd give the convertable 70 extra hp?

ROB89M3
06-11-2003, 02:49 AM
Greekthang.... I will race you with my 4cylinder, 14 year old M3.....

ps: what the hell is a 328is (M Package) ? :rolleyes: :D

Jon@Bimmersport
06-11-2003, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by koncise
GT coupe is 260 hp, foo' ;) same as the GT convertable.

what made you think they'd give the convertable 70 extra hp?

dude..theres a GT model..i meant GT in general sorry, the GT has 260 and V6 model (conv and coupe) got 190

koncise
06-11-2003, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by E46_lover
dude..theres a GT model..i meant GT in general sorry, the GT has 260 and V6 model (conv and coupe) got 190

ok, I didnt think you meant just GT since it's in the topic.

IVAN
06-11-2003, 03:36 AM
Anyways if it was GT 260 HP V8 and no traffic there is noway that GT could lose..

greekthang
06-11-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by ROB89M3
Greekthang.... I will race you with my 4cylinder, 14 year old M3.....

ps: what the hell is a 328is (M Package) ? :rolleyes: :D

Rob don't make me come over there !!!!

Yeah real fair race. Let me sink the cash to my motor first then I will challenge you. All in good fun though. By then you probably would have sold yours

mkgino
06-11-2003, 02:28 PM
Well for starters, I didnt win. I lost by a meter or so, but it was a new convertable automatic GT. It was very close.

J50H
06-17-2003, 05:53 PM
Funny how everyone here claims they beat Mustangs on a daily basis, yet very rarely do I ever see a Mustang besides a V6 lose to a BMW =)

greekthang
06-17-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by J50H
Funny how everyone here claims they beat Mustangs on a daily basis, yet very rarely do I ever see a Mustang besides a V6 lose to a BMW =)

Then maybe its time to check that perscription again. we are not talking a ass whipping here. It is a neck and neck race right through if not a small variance of about half a car. Long live ford V8 power !!!!! don't need 8 cylinders to produce power. Plus your car would be handed to you on a silver platter on the track. Your car is a shit track car. End of story. Straight line there go but thats it.

Jon@Bimmersport
06-17-2003, 06:49 PM
Then maybe its time to check that perscription again. we are not talking a ass whipping here. It is a neck and neck race right through if not a small variance of about half a car. Long live ford V8 power !!!!! don't need 8 cylinders to produce power. Plus your car would be handed to you on a silver platter on the track. Your car is a shit track car. End of story. Straight line there go but thats it.

lol great..now got torque is gonna come in to this..

J50H
06-17-2003, 07:00 PM
Dear Mr.Greek,

You are the epitamy of an idiot. On what sort of a broad scale are we talking about here, what BMW, What Mustang, etc, etc

For the price of a BMW you could take a Stang (Or any other reasonably priced car) if you took the difference in price and put that into suspension or engine mod and you would do much better then the BMW.

Its called bought performance. Its like a 2003 SVT Cobra, comes supercharged with an IRS, but the cost is more expensive then if you were to put those things on a regular GT. If you cant do the work yourself, you buy the work already done.

Go race some more V6 mustangs, and make me some Soulvaki while your at it =)

mkgino
06-17-2003, 07:12 PM

TROLL!

Anyway, read the post again, I never said that I beat the mustang, I said I lost to him, but by about a meter or so. It was a 2001+ GT, auto (slower), convertable (heavy).

So it was a massive V8 with 260 hp, vs an tiny I6 with 190hp.

How a 328 can keep up with a 5 spd GT? I have no idea, I personally dont think that they can. But maybe the guy in the GT wasnt a good driver. Anything can happen on the street.

J50H
06-17-2003, 07:17 PM
Maybe it was a v6 5-speed with a gt bumper and exhaust

or maybe he wasnt racing you at all, or maybe he was mentally retarded, whatever the case may be, the point isnt about you beating a Mustang, its idiots like greekboy thinking they drive a superior car because of its pricetag =)

mkgino
06-17-2003, 07:29 PM
Maybe it was a v6 5-speed with a gt bumper and exhaust

or maybe he wasnt racing you at all, or maybe he was mentally retarded, whatever the case may be, the point isnt about you beating a Mustang, its idiots like greekboy thinking they drive a superior car because of its pricetag =)

After the race we stopped at a redlight and talked for about a min or so. He agreed also that it was a close race.

He told me it was a rental and an automatic. It had the GT badge on the back. We wanted to go again but the area we were in wasnt great for racing.

Some kill stories I read on these boards I find amusing. When I post one, its the truth. I have no reason to lie. I know my car isnt fast. Its not slow either. It is what it is. I know the range of cars I can beat and the cars I cannot. A normal 5 spd GT 2001+ I cannot beat. There is no way, it has too much power. That is why I raced the convertable, because I know they are heavier. I am just lucky it was an auto.

Now when racing on the street, anything goes. It doesnt even matter if your car is $50 G's more or less, or if they are even in the same class. Also it could be a good driver vs a crap one, which could mean that a faster car could lose to a slower one. If Greekthang beat one, congradulations for him. Does it mean that a stock 328 is faster than a GT? I dont think so.

greekthang
06-17-2003, 08:42 PM
Dear Mr.Greek,

You are the epitamy of an idiot. On what sort of a broad scale are we talking about here, what BMW, What Mustang, etc, etc

For the price of a BMW you could take a Stang (Or any other reasonably priced car) if you took the difference in price and put that into suspension or engine mod and you would do much better then the BMW.

Its called bought performance. Its like a 2003 SVT Cobra, comes supercharged with an IRS, but the cost is more expensive then if you were to put those things on a regular GT. If you cant do the work yourself, you buy the work already done.

Go race some more V6 mustangs, and make me some Soulvaki while your at it =)

You know your really a sad sad person. Can't you find another board to go join or did you get kicked off there for taking like a moron. You really have no ****ing idea what your talking about. MAybe you should redo your exhaust. Seems the fumes have ****ed you brain. Even a 2003 Cobra SVT I wouldn't take over my car you moron. I have been and seen them up close. Impressive motor I must say but thats where it stop. You go right ahead and pay $47000 for a motor you retard. That car along with all other Mustangs have a shit look inside and out. Some should put a bullet in the horses head and end its pathetic life. Stangs are shit when it comes to handling looks style. So you go right ahead and do that 12 sec quater mile while I stop and pick up the sweet broads on the way and oh yeah I will bring you a souvlaki as well *wave*

ROB89M3
06-17-2003, 08:46 PM
J50h, I wouldnt mess around with Greekthang, next thing you know, he'll have you bent over...... hahahahahahahaha

j/ks...

actuially he's a huge tank......

g328m
06-18-2003, 02:25 AM
go for a round, it's fun. Personally I think ford sucks. Who cares how fast they are. We all knows what is a good car!

J50H
06-18-2003, 02:40 AM
It wouldent surprise me to learn a greek likes to give it to other guys asses, after all homosexuality did originate there.

I think your above statement says it all my foolish friend. Ill slap some wood paneling in my interior, do some fancy fade lighting, add some heated seats and my car will be just as cool as yours...so thats where my 30gs went =)

And the last time I checked, an american icon such as a Mustang gets way more pussy then a german ride. Because we all know how romantic the german language is, and what a sparkling past history they have had =)

ROB89M3
06-18-2003, 02:46 AM
[BAnd the last time I checked, an american icon such as a Mustang gets way more pussy then a german ride. Because we all know how romantic the german language is, and what a sparkling past history they have had =) [/B]

if you need a car to help you get "pussy" you must be ugly.
Next time dont be such a knob.

j/ks :D

J50H
06-18-2003, 02:52 AM
[i]Stangs are shit when it comes to handling looks style. So you go right ahead and do that 12 sec quater mile while I stop and pick up the sweet broads on the way and oh yeah I will bring you a souvlaki as well *wave* [/B]

Not me, but apparently Mr. Greek does!

ROB89M3
06-18-2003, 02:54 AM
Not me, but apparently Mr. Greek does!

hahahaha :D *uzi* Mr. Greek

koncise
06-18-2003, 02:58 AM
And the last time I checked, an american icon such as a Mustang gets way more pussy then a german ride. Because we all know how romantic the german language is, and what a sparkling past history they have had =)

I didn't wanna get involved in this.. but I can't believe this. If someone does want to use their car to get girls (who would do that? ;) )... you're saying a mustang would get more than a mercedes, porsche, and bmw? I find that hard to believe...

ROB89M3
06-18-2003, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by koncise
..... you're saying a mustang would get more than a mercedes, porsche, and bmw? I find that hard to believe...
A stang will get trailor park trash...:D

tiestoE36
06-18-2003, 03:41 AM
It wouldent surprise me to learn a greek likes to give it to other guys asses, after all homosexuality did originate there.

I think your above statement says it all my foolish friend. Ill slap some wood paneling in my interior, do some fancy fade lighting, add some heated seats and my car will be just as cool as yours...so thats where my 30gs went =)

buddy who are YOU???:confused: :huh?:

ps. oh ya americans are really romantic. :moon::puke:

tiestoE36
06-18-2003, 03:49 AM
i just want to say, no offence to any americans here.

i just dont see the point of bringing up of a culture being romantic or not having anything to do with a car getting pussy???????????

thats all.

Slowered318
06-18-2003, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by ROB89M3
A stang will get trailor park trash...:D

You seem to be talking a lot about this "trailer park trash" lately.. what happend, did you get shot down by a cowgirl?

greekthang
06-18-2003, 12:01 PM

HAHAHA your time funny buddy. You can take you amaerican icon and cram that in your ass. Can't even bother with you retarded comments. Look on the board buddy and you tell me who everyone is in favour for. All you doing is looking like a :moon: but i guess it comes natural for some. Get in your american idiot, idiol, icon whatever you call it and go back to your trailer buddies and drink yourself senseless.

greekthang
06-18-2003, 12:02 PM
HAHAHA your too funny buddy. You can take you amearican icon and shove that in your ass. Can't even bother with you retarded comments. Look on the board buddy and you tell me who everyone is in favour for. All you doing is looking like a :moon: but i guess it comes natural for some. Get in your american idiot, idiol, icon whatever you call it and go back to your trailer buddies and drink yourself senseless. Just remember how long BMW has been making motors and its history and then look at for FORD.

burnhard22
06-19-2003, 01:56 AM
What's up boys?
What does culture/background have to do with hot cars & fast women? Let's keep on track, shall we.
It's more enjoyable that way.
Remember the days when we all smoke, drank, and were marry.
Later
burnhard22
*smoke* *uzi* *no-no* *wave* *smoke*