PDA

View Full Version : Changing of fluid and steel brake lines done today !!!!

greekthang
06-06-2003, 12:49 PM
Hi boys,

My car is in the shop today having the following things done:

- steel braided brake lines
- amsoil tranny fluids
- amsoil diff fluids
- changing to 5.1 brake fluids (bleeding system)
- and regular oil change to amsoil (already been done before)

Have any of you guys done this to your car and did it make a difference. I wanted smoother shifts because my car has been feeling notchy and it feels like it hesistate when it heats but. Hopefully this will help.
*wiggle*

fitz318is
06-06-2003, 01:17 PM
Amsoil makes a big difference in my engine. I have redline in the gearbox and trans, good stuff. My braided lines did not make a big diff, only a little stiffer, dot 4. Im considering the 25 mil break MC.

greekthang
06-06-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by fitz318is
Amsoil makes a big difference in my engine. I have redline in the gearbox and trans, good stuff. My braided lines did not make a big diff, only a little stiffer, dot 4. Im considering the 25 mil break MC.

Amsoil is good stuff pal. Hope to feel a difference :cool:

moregothanshow
06-06-2003, 06:48 PM
where did u get your brake lines? how much?
Thanks!

greekthang
06-06-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by moregothanshow
where did u get your brake lines? how much?
Thanks!

I am getting done at Bavarian and that who is suppling the brake lines. I am paying $190 for all six on my car. 4 in the rear and 2 in the front. *th-up*

fitz318is
06-06-2003, 11:19 PM
got mine from turner motorsports, 99 us for 6. About an hour for install, the one by the tank in a bit of a bitch. Sounds like bavarians price is a good one. Are you happy with their service?

almost 4k on the oil (including 2 days at mosport) and its just about as clean as the day I put it in!

greekthang
06-07-2003, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by fitz318is
got mine from turner motorsports, 99 us for 6. About an hour for install, the one by the tank in a bit of a bitch. Sounds like bavarians price is a good one. Are you happy with their service?

almost 4k on the oil (including 2 days at mosport) and its just about as clean as the day I put it in!

Very happy and honest. Got my car back and oh my god how smooth it shifts. HUge difference the amsoil tranny and diff fluids make;)