why would you wanna mess around with THE e30

prophet
06-06-2003, 05:05 AM
look sbettrer like that

Bavaria
06-06-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by huckle
why would you wanna mess around with THE e30

beucase i might get a black one thats why!
comeon man humor me :)

huckle
06-06-2003, 04:48 PM
hope you like it.
I`d debadge it if I`d go black.

berry

qimis
06-06-2003, 09:09 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

huckle
06-06-2003, 09:20 PM
now that I see it again after a few hours, I like the black color a lot if I may say so myself.
anyway I got a question about some pop up trouble I`m having, but don`t want to make a whole thread about it.
When I`m busy with photoshop I get these anoying pop ups out of nowhere, screwing up my selection I was just making.
I don`t understand where they are comming from, because the only things that are running while pshopping are maxbimmer and pshop and the internet connection offcourse.
So my question would be, does anyone know how I can stop getting pop ups?
thanks

berry

qimis
06-06-2003, 11:22 PM
*uzi* *popups*

Bavaria
06-07-2003, 12:13 AM
:eek: :idea:
*mw* sick
thanks man

Kal
06-07-2003, 12:43 AM
ya i'm wondering the same shit

-=[[f|L@pJ@cK=]
06-07-2003, 01:15 AM
now that I see it again after a few hours, I like the black color a lot if I may say so myself.
anyway I got a question about some pop up trouble I`m having, but don`t want to make a whole thread about it.
When I`m busy with photoshop I get these anoying pop ups out of nowhere, screwing up my selection I was just making.
I don`t understand where they are comming from, because the only things that are running while pshopping are maxbimmer and pshop and the internet connection offcourse.
thanks

berry

Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services >
Then scroll down the list untill you find "Messenger" then
right click and select STOP.

works for me... stopped all those stupid pop ups, only
problem is that every time you restart you have to do it all again.

windsor318is
06-07-2003, 02:55 AM
thanks

berry

huckle, the pop ups have been install on your computer just from you surfing sites, if you do a search for pop ups, you should find a thread that was started by SHAMIS, theres a post of something your suppose to type in the Run box, good luck.

whiskeym3
06-07-2003, 04:53 AM
Huckle, what saturation values did you enter to make the car go from blue to black?

Whiskey

huckle
06-07-2003, 10:27 AM
hey thanks guys, I`ll try those things. haha right now when I was typing this I got 2 pop ups again :D thanks

whiskeym3: I don`t know the values anymore, but I selected the car and made about 3 copies of that so I have 3 layers with the car in it. And I made 1 empty layer and filled that with black. (hold control and click on one of the selected car layers and then fill the empty layer with paint bucket)
then I tried all the blending modes to look what it would look like and chose the best looking settings. all the layers I did a different blending mode.
and after that it was some adjusting with color balance to get most of the blue out that was still there.
and after that I made another empty layer and used tha brush tool to make it yellow at some places where it was still blue.
(I did yellow because that`s the opposite of blue, so I thought that would make it look black :confused: maybe I`m wrong there but it looked good)
and I messed around with the opacity a lot.

you can make it black just with hue/saturation/lightning alone, but then it will look real messed up so that`s why I did it on a bit strange way.
if you want I can post the layer settings or give you the psd file if you like?

berry

qimis
06-07-2003, 01:15 PM
huckle: can you please post them ? i have no idea changing color with multiple layers

huckle
06-07-2003, 02:29 PM
I will show it, but how d you want it?
just making a list like: layer 1 > soft light opacity 35%
layer 2 > multiply opacity 50%
I don`t think a list like that would be helpful realy. So should I make something like a tutorial post it step by step or give you and others who want it the psd file so you can see it for
yourself? let me know
here is the list of layer settings:
layer 3: multiply, opacity 35%
layer 7: brushed it yellow at some places, overlay, opacity 12%
layer 4: filled with black, multiply, opacity 59%
layer 2: everything left normal
I don`t know what I`ve done with each of these layers, like hue/saturation, levels, color balance....

berry

I got this when I changed the layer 2 settings:

SeRb
06-11-2003, 07:34 PM
huckle. . .
thats a nice job you did there, but i'd say its more of a dark blue than a black. . .

so i did it myself too, and it doesnt look bad *shiner*

o and i added a little lens flare cuz i was bored. . .
lol
*sleep*

and i was too careless to avoid turning the BMW sign black too. .
meh
lol

you like???

i still think it looks better in the original colour

huckle
06-11-2003, 07:38 PM
I know mine was a dark blue, I did that on purpose, because the shadows and stuff turned out realy bad when I made it real black.
you did a nice job though, it turned out better as mine
how did you turn it black like that?

berry

SeRb
06-11-2003, 07:42 PM
you went through too many steps man. . .all i did was select the body. . .

image>adjust>saturate

with the same thing selected. . .
just go to image>adjust>brightness/contrast. . .
and put it around -36 to -40

SeRb
06-11-2003, 07:43 PM
desatruate my bad. . . not saturate

huckle
06-11-2003, 07:47 PM
:D I went through all that for nothing
usualy when I turn it black like you did, the shadows and shine and all get to dark. You won`t see any shine and shadow anymore then and it`ll look very cartoonish.

berry

SeRb
06-11-2003, 07:50 PM
well...
next time, just try it the simpler way . . .
and if it doesnt go like you want to . . .
you can always take the long path

huckle
06-11-2003, 07:54 PM
yeah I`ll do that from now on thanks man :)
do you have some chops on other sites or anywhere?

SeRb
06-11-2003, 07:56 PM
you can check out my thread. . .
those are the only two i did. . .

im prob gonna do another car once my exams finish (this friday)
so it will be good. . .
im entering some contest