PDA

View Full Version : the deal with fugly off camber e30 back wheels?

Daniel Xavier
06-06-2003, 02:03 AM
Hi guys...didn't know North Americans were as talented as the Germans as far as swaps are concerned!I thought info like this only existed on Motherland web sites...sorry..but I'm here now!

Before spending one cent I'm gathering all the necessary info and details needed to put together a project e30/S52 stealth mobile.So far so good...but I have one thing nagging me.

I watched the vid of Randy's car and noticed that his back wheels are off camber.Is this on purpose for better handling or does his need fixing?Is this the usual way it looks when lowering and running 17" mags?Put it this way...,IMO it's fugly enough for me to cancel my project if it is the norm and instead put the same $ towards a '94/95 540i.
I know there are a number of you that post pics of your rides but none of the rear end.

I have a ton of questions for the e30/S50/52 swap guys but I'll put together a list 1rst.

Thanks guys and gals.

BMW BMXer
06-06-2003, 03:07 AM
The more you drop it the more camber you get.

Look at robs m3...

Adjusting camber on e30s is expensive

M50E30
06-06-2003, 03:20 AM
When lowering an E30 you WILL get negative camber.

Pro:
-Negative camber will help out in cornering.
-Also having negative camber on a E30 non-M3 will help in fitting wider wheels and tires. I'm shure that the M3's with the box flairs and rolling the fender lips (if possible) give that extra clearance to get camber kits to correct it some what.

Con:
-Will increase uneven tire wear.
-Camber kits are expensive and you will get minimal improvement on a non-M3. But if you are a serious track junkie then it is probably worth it.

Albertae30
06-06-2003, 06:50 AM
yeah my car has negative camber and i didn't even lower it that much maybe 1.5 inch

Daniel Xavier
06-06-2003, 01:53 PM
hmmm so it is fixable with camber plates or bushings then.So with a 1.5" drop how straight can I expect it to adjust to?
You say expensive, however I'm spending $ on a swap I'm not going to cheap out for a few hundred but how often will it have to be redone?

thanks guys

BMW BMXer
06-07-2003, 12:14 AM
Im on eibachs, its a 1.5 drop heres the best I can do for camber pics.

BMW BMXer
06-07-2003, 12:14 AM
Front ish