PDA

View Full Version : Radio code reset?

crusher
06-04-2003, 02:12 AM
Hi Guys,

When we replaced my clutch bushing we disconnected the (-) battery and it reset my settings. Now the radio doesn't want to work it is asking for the CODE that came with it. I checked everywhere and I think the code wasn't given to me by the dealer. So my question is, can I reset this code and make my own? Can the dealer fix this for me?

Thanks,
Jeff :)

koncise
06-04-2003, 02:20 AM
I think you can just take it to the dealer and they can give you the code. But I don't think you can reset it without the original code; that wouldn't make much sense, would it? ;)

crusher
06-04-2003, 02:23 AM
lol, ya i guess i'll just give them a call tomorrow and see how much they going to charge me for this hehe

koncise
06-04-2003, 02:50 AM
I don't think they charge you. Then again it's the stealership, so you never know *wiggle*

IVAN
06-04-2003, 03:09 AM
sorry to desturb.....

Koncise, I saw your ride on Mcowan and Ellesmere on Sunday afternoon ....Nice one just take off those yellow rear signal corners.. I recongized it by Grill and Rims and That Silver Prelude of front of ya was sweet ...*th-up* *wave*

koncise
06-04-2003, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by IVAN
sorry to desturb.....

Koncise, I saw your ride on Mcowan and Ellesmere on Sunday afternoon ....Nice one just take off those yellow rear signal corners.. I recongized it by Grill and Rims and That Silver Prelude of front of ya was sweet ...*th-up* *wave*

Cool, my first "sighting" :) but I don't remember a silver prelude (was that you?)

BTW, I cant wait to get clear taillights... just need the funds. *th-up*

Furious
06-04-2003, 10:58 AM
you need the original code, BMW sould just give it to you no problems. also check for a wallet sized card, it should have the code on it. ii know i didnt pay a cent for them to retreve the code.

AcidSnow
06-04-2003, 01:13 PM
is there a way to get the code before you dissconnect the battery?

crusher
06-04-2003, 01:30 PM
Ok, went to the dealer this morning and they said it's free, they just need my ownership and they need to rip off the radio and get the secret numbers heh and call some bmw number to retrieve the code.